Advice/Help What is an Interest Check, and how does it work?

An Interest Check is essentially a big fat advertisement where you propose your RP in the hopes of engaging some interest. Essentially, you're trying to be a salesman and everyone else on the forum is a potential customer. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, pretty much. It's helpful if you have an RP idea but no idea if anyone will actually be interested in it. Hence, you check for interest by posting an interest check. I have almost all of the interest check forums followed and get a daily email with new threads, because I like to keep an eye out for new RPs to join or show my friends.

For 1x1 roleplays ( this is a roleplay between two people ) it acts as a way to list your interests and requirements of a partner.

In groups ( roleplays between usually four or more people ) it acts pretty much as explained above. A way to see if anyone would be interested in your roleplay idea or joining your roleplay.

If your confused I recommend looking through a few on the site just to get an idea of how they work.

Interest check to me, is basically making sure you have a exciting idea in your head but you don't want to go through the entire process of creating a WIP thread just so nothing happens (but then again you could always repost that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back