• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom What Dreams Are Made Of (Fandom/Fandom-Inspired) - Magic the Gathering, The Amazing Digital Circus, and more

DreamCrash

Hello, I'm 35 years old. You can read my intro here: Introduce Yourself!

Expectations:
  • Communicates when they're available, when things change, what they like and don't like. I don't like ghosting and I won't ghost you. I'm open to retcons always if you feel you can't respond or are stuck with replying.
  • I'm not a snob when it comes to writing quality or post length. I recognize effort above all else.
I prefer playing OCs more than playing established characters. If we do play with established characters, I'd rather play in an AU where characterizations can bend. This is so that neither of us are expected to play a character 'the right way'.

If there's no spoiler section for the idea, it's meant to be open to ideas if you like the concept and want to work with it. This thread is subject to change as new ideas are added/removed/edited.

Fandoms
Magic the Gathering

The Planeswalker Spark is within both of our characters on a new plane of existence. The central conflict would be around how our characters use this power drawing magic from the land to cast Summon or Magic spells in the world we inhabit. For example, turning the tide of a war. We choose which color/colors for our characters aspects. The villains would also be collaboratively designed. I would call this moderately ambitious because the plots can be simple, but the world building would be more involving. ex. What represents the colors of this plane? What mechanics make this plane special? What are our characters' relationships to the world?

Those with an awakened spark can walk between planes once they've reached a certain milestone that varies from person to person, though this usually means gaining enough power in their plane of origin, conquering lands and siphoning those lands for mana to cast spells, and wielding artifacts of great power, whether it be as small as a trinket or as large as a flying warship.

The Amazing Digital Circus

This can be within the world of the digital circus or be its own thing entirely.

Two 'sprites'/game characters find themselves in unfamiliar territory and don't know how they got there. There might be doubt as to the status of their realness and themes of existentialism. The main name of the game would be survival and chances for growth. In other words, the game characters can start very competent in skills they would be expected to be competent in, but not in other skills.

Dragon Ball Z Alternate Universe

Originals
Supernatural Anime High School (Haruhi inspired)
Super Spies (Fights in Tight Spaces / Captain America: The Winter Soldier inspired)

Post Apocalypse x The Supernatural (Changeling the Lost/World of Darkness/Barbarians of the Aftermath inspired)

Set on an Earth where the Cold War became Hot and the nukes dropped, destroying civilizations and ecosystems in one fell swoop. The Balance shifted to extreme biospheres of nuclear winter and hostile desert populated by mutants, weird fauna, robots, and remnants of humanity. The Fae Courts which governed the seasons that once hid in the magic of the beautiful places were shattered, and the Doors that lead into their Realms have been swung open. These Old Courts wish to regain power, while New Courts seek to replace the old to find New Balance. Though the premise is ambitious, I'm thinking the focus can be made simpler for an individual story or stories focusing on the interaction between mortals and fae.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back