Viewpoint What are the most popular rp themes/plots?

TheMaster

What rps do you think people enjoy the most? What are the ones you see in every interest check? Have you rped the same idea more than once?

The big larger then life roleplaying is Walkin Japanese roleplaying. However that's not accepted here. You know, bars, restaurants, and everyday roleplaying like VR Chat. Those are all big on asian sites under QQ, Wechat, or TenCent? Wechat has over 5k active users just in a forum called Maid Lunch Diner Walkin.

Here: anime fan-fiction, and trainer pokemon roleplaying would be my guess?

Hey there! Since this thread is dicussing RP-related things, I would recommend asking a mod to move it to the 'Roleplay Discussion & Advice' forum for you ^^

For one 1x1s hands down it’s romance centric plots. The most popular would be : Mxf, Canon x OC

But you get a pretty decent selection of pretty much any pairing you could think of.

Now personally I’m neutral on romance, if a roleplay has it great if it doesn’t also great. It’s not a huge motivating factor for me. But it’s like finding unicorns to find a 1x1 interest check where it’s not a main focus.

As for repeating roleplay ideas. Oh absolutely I’m doing two variations of the same idea right now. It helps that I do a lot of world building for each idea so it’s easy to copy and paste.

When you get into group roleplays, the most popular threads on this site tend to be either isekai or magical schools.

The most popular 1x1 idea is CanonxOC whether double or singular.

For groups:
-School/Academy
-Fandom of the Month (special shout out to Harry Potter and Percy Jackson and the Olympians)
-Children of deities
-Superheroes
-Murder Mystery/Horror (though this is a recent development)
-Dragon Riders (another recent development)
-Isekai

I try not to roleplay an idea more than once at a time unless the two plots are significantly different from each other.

The big larger then life roleplaying is Walkin Japanese roleplaying. However that's not accepted here. You know, bars, restaurants, and everyday roleplaying like VR Chat. Those are all big on asian sites under QQ, Wechat, or TenCent? Wechat has over 5k active users just in a forum called Maid Lunch Diner Walkin.
Google ain't doing too great for me in trying to find this. Would you happen to have a link to those?

Google ain't doing too great for me in trying to find this. Would you happen to have a link to those?
Tencent and Wechat aren't always easy to get into since they are Chinese and have a very different log in system than we do.

The next best thing we do have that isn't straight up VRChat is FFXIV which, as someone who plays every day, has an immense amount of walk in rp involving bars and restaurants and various other RPs.

Megatron2024 Megatron2024 so heads up, you can’t advertise for other roleplay sites on this one.

You can say “I used to roleplay on Gaia online.” But you can’t link the site directly as it counts as advertising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back