• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Welcome To Zynqoin! (D&D 5e)

Leslie_The_Author

DM Stands For Da Meowmeow
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey y'all! The name's Leslie, and I run D&D 5e campaigns in my own original setting, which doesn't actually have a name yet.

BUT!

The most developed portion is a continent called Zynqoin, filled with magic and wonder, where the gods walk the earth. Magic items are everywhere, and mystical runes replace math. You can do nearly whatever you want, except leave the continent. Unless... Perhaps you would have the power to pop the Bubble? What's the Bubble, you ask? Why, it's only the thing that's keeping everybody stuck on Zynqoin!

If you don't have any interest in leaving, you could try to start up a business in New Taria, the capital city of Eakheoral! Or maybe you could work for one (or some) of the many guilds, such as the Adventurers' Guild Of Eakheoral or the Corrin Artisans' Guild! It's your choice to make, and it's time to make it.

My games are heavily homebrew, and certain mechanics work differently at my table. A few examples are Dash being a bonus action, as well as Vicious Mockery having the potential to do more damage, or even AOE damage.

As for character creation, I like to work with each one of my players individually to help make a character that blends seamlessly into the game, as well as being fun to play! Bring a homebrew class, subclass, background, race, or subrace to the table, and it'll probably be approved! You just gotta ask! Additionally, each player gets a choice of 3 things upon character creation. A magic item, a Tech Item, or a feat. One of those stood out, I'm sure.

Tech Items are various weapons and trinkets that have somehow ended up on the continent of Zynqoin. They come from outside the Bubble, usually with words in a strange language engraved in them more smoothly than anything found on Zynqoin. They can do things unexplainable by magic, not powered by runes or spells, unable to be replicated. One of a kind, most of the time.

To finish this post off, I'd like to say this: Fun is the most important thing in these types of games, and I make sure that all my players are having a good time! Will you venture forth into this magical world? Go ahead and send me a message if you're interested, or even if you just wanna ask questions about my setting! Whether you have a group already, or want to be part of a new group, I'd love to DM for y'all!

Just enquiring,do you plan to run this in real time as scheduled sessions,or by post?
It entirely depends on the group I'm running for! This post is mostly just to let people know I'm up for DMing campaigns in my setting, rather than advertising any one campaign!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back