• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

forestferns

smile like you mean it
to access all of the information, please click on the icons below!

• "what could go wrong?"

Camp Cretaceous

♡design by sugardust., coded by uxie♡

Welcome to Camp Cretaceous you lucky campers! You and seven other lucky campers have secured a treasured, valuable VIP ticket to the opening week of Camp Cretaceous where you will get to experience camp life alongside real dinosaurs! The camp is not officially open to the public as of yet, so you get the whole camp to yourselves besides camp counselors, Jurassic World employees, and the dinosaurs. During your week of stay, you will get to have your own dinosaur baby to look after and care for. That's right! We want to ensure that your stay here at Camp Cretaceous will be a positive, happy one as we are looking forward to opening this up next week. What could possibly go wrong here?

-----------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I am here with another roleplay! This time, this is focused on the TV show Camp Cretaceous! Now, you do not need to have seen the show in order to participate in this roleplay! 8 college aged students have been invited to the camp before it's opened to others, and they get to experience camp life while getting to interact with dinosaurs. This will follow the show of the Indominus Rex breaking loose and going on a killing rampage, causing a massive evacuation of the island but our characters will get left behind. They'll have to survive on the island while clinging onto hope that rescue is going to come for them. They've got each other and their dinosaur companions but how long will they survive? The Indominus and Scorpios Rex are both on the loose on the island. And you can't trust anyone you come across even if they say they're a wildlife researcher or something along those lines. But please know that these VIP tickets are hella expensive and hard to acquire so put some thought into how your character gets it!

There are 8 roles in total! I will be taking the Nerd Role! The other 7 roles are not first come first serve. They're application based so multiple people can go for them!

THE INFLUENCER
this role is open!

The influencer has been invited to Camp Cretaceous to film their experiences and post it on their social media account(s) to give the camp some exposure and ensure it will be successful when the camp officially opens to the public. They are one of two people who are allowed to have their phone with them.

THE ATHLETE
this role is open!

the athlete of the group! what sport(s) and athletic activities they do will be up to the people who apply for this role. but you can always count on this person to do their job and help you get out of a tough situation.

THE NERD
this role is taken!

The dinosaur nerd of the group! they're basically the dinosaur expert of the whole group and they will be spewing out random dinosaur facts which can truly be helpful! This person is just happy to be here so they can finally see real live dinosaurs.

THE SPY
this role is open!

This person is a spy for Mantah Corp. However, they still need a valid reason as to how they got their ticket. Whether it be their parents are dinosaur veterinarians, they won a writing contest, they won a video game, etc. Nonetheless, they must keep their true intentions a secret from the others for as long as they can.

THE DREAMER
this role is open!
A person who has dreamed of going to Jurassic World for a very long time and yet they never thought they would get this chance. And yet here they are with a VIP ticket. They are a dinosaur enthusiast but probably not as much as the nerd of the group.

THE BLOGGER
this role is open!

The second person that's allowed to have their phone! They run a dinosaur / prehistoric themed blog, so they are required to write down their experiences in their blog for others to read. Their blog is pretty famous, so the camp is bound to be popular if this person is enjoying their stay here.

THE LUCKY
this role is open!

Against all odds, this person managed to get a ticket! They've tried before but had given up hope. Maybe someone encouraged them to try again whether it be putting their name into a draw to see who the lucky person to go to camp will be, maybe they won a lottery ticket, you decide!

THE RICH KID
this role is open!

How this person's family is so rich is up to the people who apply for this role. Either way, they either bought their ticket, a family member works on the island, that sort of stuff. Are they a snobby rich kid? A nice rich kid? You decide!

RULE ONE
this roleplay is LGBTQ+ friendly and accepting! I will not tolerate any sort of homophobia, transphobia, ableism, or overall bigotry here.

RULE TWO
the roles have plenty of wriggle room! you can change things up as long as you stick to the actual role. you have complete freedom as to decide how they got their VIP ticket to the camp.

RULE THREE
your character must have a dinosaur buddy! not having one is not an option. want your character to have an Allosaurus? go for it! no dinosaur is off limits here! Tyrannosaurus? Absolutely! if it's a prehistoric animal from either the Triassic, Jurassic, or Cretaceous period, it's allowed here!

RULE FOUR
as stated, the roles are not first come first serve. they are application based so do not worry if you see someone else with a form for a role you would like to go for. go for it! i will be picking which character will fit the role best.

RULE FIVE
semi-advanced to advanced! one liner and short responses will not be accepted here. at most, aim for posting a couple of chunky paragraphs and ensure that you give others enough to work with!

RULE SIX
realistic faceclaims only please! AI images, anime, drawings, etc are prohibited from being used as faceclaims.

RULE SEVEN
Discord is required for OOC. There will be an Onsite OOC while we make applications but that will be temporary and until we get our crew positions filled. If you do not have Discord, please refrain from expressing interest.

RULE EIGHT
Do not leave anyone out of the roleplay. This includes plotting and interaction. It's very unnecessary and just straight up rude. Please ensure that you plot with everybody.

OOC
Applications

Last edited:
Oooh. Interest piqued.

Questions:

Can we describe the character instead of using realistic faceclaims? I don't particularly like using realistic claims (unless it's like. Semi-realistic art which I could prob pull off. Maybe)

Do the dinosaurs/other prehistoric reptiles have to be babies? If they have to be babies, how old are they and are they precocial or altricial?

Oooh. Interest piqued.

Questions:

Can we describe the character instead of using realistic faceclaims? I don't particularly like using realistic claims (unless it's like. Semi-realistic art which I could prob pull off. Maybe)

Do the dinosaurs/other prehistoric reptiles have to be babies? If they have to be babies, how old are they and are they precocial or altricial?
I will allow descriptions of characters as long as it’s detailed enough to fully describe the character.

And the dinosaurs / prehistoric reptiles will likely be babies and will be precocial. They will already be hatched by the time the campers arrive and are taken to pick out their dino companion. As for how old they are, I’m honestly not all too sure as of yet but an example would be if your camper picks a sauropod, it’ll already be a little bit above your knees.

Hm, I have a Situation™️ in mind because I think it'd be a funny Situation for the spy (or maybe Rich Kid, if someone else wants the spy) to end up in, but idk how I'd feel about having to manage two dinosaurs (one of which with the general attitude of a chicken hatchie (if yk yk))

Hmm another question

Is it possible to kill your own character's dinosaur companion to start off a character arc?

Ik you said they had to have the dinosaurs, but I just thought of something that would jive with the horror-esque situation of being stuck on an island by yourselves for an unknown amount of time

Hmm another question

Is it possible to kill your own character's dinosaur companion to start off a character arc?

Ik you said they had to have the dinosaurs, but I just thought of something that would jive with the horror-esque situation of being stuck on an island by yourselves for an unknown amount of time
Well I could imagine a dinosaur companion dying to protect the others in whatever scenario that something like that would arise. And as long as it's not too early in the roleplay. But what'd you have in mind?

Well I could imagine a dinosaur companion dying to protect the others in whatever scenario that something like that would arise. And as long as it's not too early in the roleplay. But what'd you have in mind?
I'm kinda thinking that the bulk of the gang would be unprepared for the whole island-wide dinosaur apocalypse, and one of the things that really drives it in is watching what would have been one of the main cast get like. Squished, which I guess might be too early on in the rp, actually.

Hm. Mostly though, I don't quite like writing babies of... any kind, and especially bird babies (basing dinosaurs off my chickens because Yeah) because bird babies are. Interesting

oh this show is FANTASTIC, i'm glad to see an rp for it! count me interested

I am very interested! If I'm understanding correctly it seems the dino companions are a sort of pokemon situation, is that correct?

Basically yeah! Just like in Pokemon, campers have a lil dino buddy!
Ah! I love that so much, would be open to multiple little buddies if they were particularly small like microraptors or other prehistoric birds? They're always fun to write as a little flock, no worries if not. My pfp is very telling right no lol

Ah! I love that so much, would be open to multiple little buddies if they were particularly small like microraptors or other prehistoric birds? They're always fun to write as a little flock, no worries if not. My pfp is very telling right no lol
Your pfp is amazing! If they’re tiny dinosaurs / prehistoric birds then I wouldn’t be opposed to a camper having multiple buddies! A little flock <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back