• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Merchant and the Knight

CrystalTears

The Prince of Red Roses
For millions of years, Elorica had been in a state of peace between the shape shifters and the humans. There was no war, or weapons for destruction, only for hunting.

Both sides remained in a state of Monarchy, with a King or Queen who took care of and maintained their people. Traditionally, it was a family line, but in rare cases it could be marriage based.

That all changed when humans started using technology, and electricity, among other things. They were slowly hurting the planet worse and worse. The air was becoming more polluted, and the water was undrinkable without a filter. The very ground was no longer green.

The Shapeshifters were tired of the humans destroying their planet, and hurting their people. They couldn't live like this anymore.

So, on the tenth day of the twelveth month they declared war on the humans, saying that they would no longer stand to watch as the world was killed by its very occupants.

The war continues to rage on 20 years later, as humans and shapeshifters have not come to an agreement.

Itsuki Hayasji and William Parker meet during the time of war, as enemies as they face of against each other, more than just once. However, Fate is there to make their lives, far from what they could have imagined it to be.

Races:

Human- They are just like any normal humans, no powers and actually quite weak. They tend to have a liking to a man ruling their governments, though women are slowly getting more power as time goes on. They also tend to fight against each other, Shapeshifters find them rather pitiful.

Shapeshifters- Shapeshifters are very in tuned with the world. They don't use a lot of electronics, and are prune to using swords and knives, along with bows. They have 5 main animal forms, and they first shift between the ages of 11-15, most are rather kind in nature, and they prefer to have a women rule though they don't mind either way.

Half-breeds are very rare, but do happen. Most are by accident, or a result of crime, but some are on purpose. Most half-breeds are killed on the spot by humans and shapeshifters alike, and they aren't usually accepted in society, though there are exceptions.

Um... Yeah... We both know how it doesn't we?

Shapeshifters: Forest

Humans: City

(Too lazy to put in pictures xD )

Screw the rules!

Last edited by a moderator:
Itzuki leaned back in the leather chair of his desk, and sighed. Stupid paperwork, can't we just come to an agreement, its been twenty years! he thought angerly to himself. He knew this much stress wasn't good for his health, but at this point he didn't really care. He took off his reading glasses and set them on his desk as he stood up. He readjusted his uniform and walked out of his office making sure to lock the door. He made his way down the hallway of the underground bunker until he got to the main room. He walked in and sat down at the table, and waited for the other board members to get there for the meeting the king had called for.

He straightened his jacket, checked his badges as he proudly walked in front of his generals and soldiers. It was no time to waste as the meeting had been called, and this was a great place to start. Maybe an agreement would be finally made to end this entire blood spilling rage? He sighed as the guard in front of the meeting room stopped him. "I need to see identification," The soldier said as he pulled out his passport and matched it to his face. The guard nodded and handed the passport back as he opened the door. "You may proceed," the guard said as he gestured for the others to way for him in the hallway as he walked into the room, the door closed firmly behind him. The room was bigger than what he had thought, and there as already someone in there. He gave a nod to Itsuki, holding onto his hat as he sat down where he found his name, only waiting for the other's to arrive.

~A few hours earlier~

It was close to dawn, and he was no longer in the cover of the night, but who needed that once they were already inside? The guards were standing there, all wide awake as he made his way past them, slipping a small sleeping dart in both of their necks. Quickly, he grabbed their weapons and threw them out the window, onto another guard which he had knocked out earlier. He stole one of the guard's uniforms and exchanged it with his own clothing, as he threw the guards out the window, it was only a few meters down so they would be fine. If they were unlucky, they would escape with a few broken bones. Without any suspicion, he made his way over to the general's office, as he gently knocked on the door. "Come in!" The general shouted as he stepped inside, the General examined him with his eyes as he saluted to his General. "What is it?" the General asked angrily, as he was tapping his finger impatiently on the desk.

"I need to borrow your clothes and identity for a while~" He said as he made his way over the desk, and held a knife to the General's neck, standing on top of the desk, and looked the man in the eyes, his crystal blue eye and crimson red, staring intently, his killing aura leaking into the room. "Sleep tight~" He said as he knocked the General out with the back of his knife. In a hurry he tied and gagged the General before he stuffed him inside the closet, locking it with a padlock and chain as he had changed into his clothes and fixed his hair and eyes. "General, the meeting is in an hour. We need to leave," The solider said as he smiled. "Of course. I was about to leave," He answered as he walked out.

~Present time~

"Hello. I do not believe I've introduced myself to you. I am General Matthew Stones, from the east part. It is a pleasure to meet you," He said and reached out his hand to greet Itsuki, and smiled. This is the jackpot! William... You're a genius! William thought to himself, as he was still greeting him as the other generals began filling in the empty seats, now only waiting for the King to arrive, to hear the reason why they had all gathered here after all.

(Sorry... A LONG~ One... xD )

(Its fine lol)

Itzuki looked at the man who called himself Matthew Stones, 'I've never heard of him,' he shook the man's hand, and leaned back in his chair again. He was exahausted, though he wouldn't admit it!

He's not going to introduce himself? Oh.... we are suppose to know! I mean... we do got our names placed on the table... How silly of me~ Oh well... I had to tease him... as it seems he has no clue I'm a fake~ William thought as he smiled and watched as the other generals sit down. They were all so serious looking, and the atmosphere int he room was the same as in a funeral. It felt like William's funeral as he was almost sighing from the quietness from them all. No one dared to say a word, how dumb this meeting was going to be if no one dared to speak.

(Do you want to be the king who'll make a random appearance, or do you want me to do it?)

(I'll play the king xD )

An older looking man walked into the room, his posture screamed royalty. He ran a hand through his dark red hair and walked to the head of the table. "Generals, and sargents." He looked over at Itzuki, "Ah, you did come, that's good to see. You have news right?" He asked the younger male.

Itzuki looked up at the man and nodded before standing up. He looked much taller then he actually was, he truely did act like royalty though he was no where near it, "Yes sir." He looked around the room, and took a deep breath. "It seems that the humans refuse to come to an agreement, which means we must keep fighting. Train your men and get ready for more battles. If we do not win this war we loose not only men snd women but our planet as well, so please do your best," he said a trimphant smile on his face. Though it didn't last very long as the king looked at Itzuki.

"Very well said, now, we have matters to attend to. Who eants to go first?" He asked.

William looked over to where the king came, as his posture and everything made it clear for them all who was the boss in this room and meeting. He didn't say a word as he was careful to make sure to act as a general would, it wasn't the first time he had deceived the king and entered one of his "secrets" meeting. He had once been a servant serving the food as they were holding a meeting, it was too bad that he was discovered, but he got away with what he wanted, so he couldn't complain. Except from the three days of torture, but he was in no place to complain, he was provoking the guards. Here it comes... the boring part about this job... Ah I wanna sleep~! William thought as he kept his act up, looking over at Itsuki once he spoke.

"I've heard of this as well. If the humans does not wish peace, then we will fight until they understand they cannot win this war. We can keep the humans off from the human borders, but we are running low on supplies. The food supplies from the north has decreased, and that makes it harder for us to protect our side of the border. I am here to ask about the situation in the north," William said as he had already read up on all the papers from the general's office, and had brought the most important files along with him. He was definitely bringing them with him, these could sell for a high price to a human officer.

The king nodded, "We'll be sure to get that taken care of General Stones." he said. He sat down in his chair, and listened to the other generals talk about what they needed and what progress they had made. To tell the truth, the king wasn't the type to like meetings, and would try to avoid them if he could. Though knowing he probably couldn't avoid this one, he sighed and leaned back in his chair.

Itzuki listened to the Generals speak, and smiled slightly. "Alright, so are main plans are to attack, though we are working on a direct stragey at the moment, please let us know your input." He looked over at General Stones, "Also, Mr. Stones, I would like to talk to you in private," he said before walking out of the room.

William had listened the entire meeting as he had carefully taken note on everything that had been said, making sure that he didn't miss anything as he had to look somewhat interested. It was after all war, even though it only increased is income. The work of an informant always increased when they needed information on the enemy, it was a great thing that he didn't take a side. That would have been a royal pain in his behind.

Once the meeting was over, William had already packed up his stuff until Itsuki said he wanted a word with him. Refusing would cause too much suspicion, and in a room full of generals, the only hope he had of escaping was into prison. The torture would be even worse than last time, and he didn't want to be reminded of that either. "Of course. Mr. Hayashi," William said in a slighter deeper tone than his normal voice to maintain his cover as he followed Itsuki into the private room.

Itzuki looked at the man before sighing, "You are not who you claim to be, you have the wrong scent," he said. "Drop the cover and tell me who you are," he demanded, crossing his arms over his uniform clad chest. It was easy to tell such things, because he had a much more sensitive nose then most, only because he was practically blind, not that anyone knew that.

Ah crap... did I wear the wrong perfume? I suppose I can't smell like old geezers... William thought as he removed his hat and took out one of the contact lenses in his eyes and revealed the heterochromia eyes, two different colored eyes, as he smiled to Itsuki. "You found out rather quickly~ You should give yourself a biscuit~" William praised him as she walked over to other side of the room, leaning his back on the wall as he was rather relaxed despite the situation he now found himself in. "So. What'cha gonna do?" William asked him, still pretty nonchalant about the whole situation, as Itsuki was the only one who knew, but he couldn't linger around for too long, sooner or later someone would find the general. Which would not be a good thing for him.

Itzuki watched him, his arms still crossed over his chest, "I haven't figured that out yet, though I'm pretty sure that Torture and prison don't work with you Half-bred," he glanced over at William and sighed, "Also, you may not know it but I have a strong sense of smell," he said, closing his eyes for a moment, "Though the problem is that your work was slightly sloppy, I'm going to guess that you left the General's knocked out body in his office right?"

(Itzuki is good at reading people xD )

"Oh. Mind reader are we? Oh! Telepath! No... Time traveler! I didn't have time to do anything else...~ You know. It's hard being one person and doing all the job. However the last one I brought with me had his guts spilled, it was quite the mess I say~" William said as he put his hat back over his head and his contact lenses back into his eyes, carefully he walked past Itsuki as he grinned from one ear to the other. "Despite you knowing who I am, you cannot tell anyone. Due to the shapeshifters having to cooperate with each other right now. You're the only one that know I'm not the real deal after all~ Go and have some fun Zuki, it's going to be a bit messy around here in a matter of seconds~" William warned him as a loud explosion was heard in the distant, as the alarms were sounded.

Itzuki snapped his eyes open and looked at William, "What did you do?" he growled. His dark green eyes full of anger, and slight worry. He uncrossed his arms and reached for the knife he kept on him all times, only to notice it was gone. Damn it he thought to himself. He couldn't shift yet, because of the fact that he was still recovering from the last battle he had been in.

"It was an... explosive surprise~ Shouldn't you make sure that your King is not injured?" William asked, almost teasing him as the soldiers and commanders he had brought along with him all came running up to him, looking rather worried as they pushed him along, away from Itsuki as they had to ensure his safety, believing the humans was attacking the base. The explosion came from the meeting room as William had placed a couple of explosive underneath the table in case of emergency, to get quickly away as once they had gone far enough, William put his mask over his mouth and nose, and dropped a pellet that broke and emitted a sleeping gas. The soliders and commanders fell quickly asleep, and he smirked. It was his time to shine.

Itzuki let out another aggravated growl, The king... despite the fact that he was told not to change forms for a while, Itzuki changed into his wolf form. Though it did hurt, he ignored the pain and made his way through the crowds of solders running around the area, guns in hand. And the many bits of debris fluttering down made it hard for Itzuki to see.

Despite this Itzuki made it quickly to meeting room, where everything was in disarray, papers were everywhere, some still falling from when they had been shoved into the air by the blasts. Itzuki looked through it the best he could, he eventually gave up on sight and decided to use his sense of smell. He found the king's scent and followed it to find him in one of his forms on the ground looking underneath something, that looked to be a large piece of the table.

"Sir..are you alright?" Itzuki muttered to the large white wolf next to him, nudging him in the side. The wolf made a gesture at the table piece.

"Help me move it," he said. Itzuki nodded and helped move the table, freeing a dark grey monkey from underneath, who quickly changed human, and ran off to help the others.

William smirked as he looked into the meeting room, as he had quickly changed out of the general's clothing and made sure that both the King and Itsuki was occupied. Quickly he ran off from the crowd and made his way to the King's office, and began picking the lock. Easily he managed to open the lock and walked into the office, and began to look around the office for the papers he he was looking for. "Man~ I really didn't think I would have to blast the entire room though...~ That man is good... I need to be more careful of him next time I drop by... Maybe we can play more nicely next time~" William said in a happy tone as made his way over to one of the paintings and found the hidden safe.

William grabbed his two lockpicks and placed them in the lock as he gently turned them until he heard the familiar clicking noise and opened the safe without a problem. He knew that time was off the essence and quickly grabbed all the papers inside the safe, if there was anything he had forgotten or brought that wasn't asked for then someone else would buy it. It was the King's papers. Even his diary would be able to sell for a good price for someone. "Time to take my leave~ Been fun playing with ya~" William said as he left a note in the safe, before he closed it and placed the painting neatly back in place, exited the office and locked the door behind him, before disappearing in the crowd of people panicking and working.

Itzuki changed into his human form and winced slightly as he noticed his wound had opened up again. He covered the wound with his hand and looked at the king, "I have to find the cause of this, I will report back to you as soon as I have captured him," he said, straightening out his uniform and sighing.

The king changed back into his human form as well, "I'd prefer you go to a medic first Hayashi. You're wound is open again, they told you not to change into your forms for at least three weeks." he said. Jeez that boy is always stubborn. he thought to himself, as he stood up to his full height, "Go see a medic, that's an order,"

Itzuki nodded and set a salute the King's way and walked off towards the medics, looking around as he did.

William made it out of the building in all of the panic, looking at what he had found with a bright smile as he looked over the files he had managed to snatch. "Ah man... but that Itsuki Hayashi... What a terrifying man...~" William said as he spread his black eagle wings on his back and took flight in the air once he was safely out and heard the alarm sound one more time, it was probably the general who touched the emergency button in his office, the more commotion, the better. It made it easier for him to get away. The darkness of the night helped him to easily blend in, and as the night came closer and closer he flied towards the clock tower in the middle of town and landed softly on the old wooden floor.

Inside sat a black crow and bowed to William as he entered, and he quickly threw his pouch on the nearby counter, as he looked over the documents. There were battle plans, strategies, resource points, weaknesses, hidden base points. There was a lot of valuable papers! "Oh... He's going to love this~ Too bad I can't go... there's too much going on outside... I'll get my face wrecked..." William said with a sigh as he looked over to the base and smiled. "Well... I wonder what's going to happen now... I made my way in after all, how much panic did I cause?" William said followed with a small chuckle, as he petted the crow laughing by himself.

After getting his injury patched up, and scolded by the head nurse, Itzuki stood up and walked out into the chaos of the office. He tried to look around but there were too many people running around. He growled before sighing, "Everyone, calm the heck down, the king and all the generals are fine, if you are injured please report to the medical bay, if you are not, then go back to your station. That is an order," he yelled, catching everyone's attention.

William looked over to his work at the base as most people had gathered there as black smoke was coming out from the side of the building. "I really wanted to save that... it was a lot of explosive and those are getting more and more expensive!" William complained as the crow skipped closer to him. "I know... I know... this is no place for complaints... plus. I also got this sweet knife~" William said with a smile as he held Itzuki's knife in his hand. It was the knife of the one who was the most favored of the King himself. It had to be worth something to someone.

He stretched his arms as he changed out of his clothing, revealing his slightly messy dark brown hair and walked over to grab his eye patch to cover his crimson red eye. The black clothing was replaced by a white dirty t-shirt and a pair of worn out jeans decorated with holes ans his dirty old black sneakers as he made his way into town, just to see how much panic he had caused. He wanted to watch his own masterpiece after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back