• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Waterworld (MxF with OCs)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
THE ATOLL | How Waterworld Became Flooded (The Great Deluge) - YouTube

I so very rarely ever do fandoms. But here I am making an attempt to do one. Only I would like to do original characters and simply ignore the events of the movie, Atoll, girl with the tattoo, Mariner and all. The science behind the movie is pretty much impossible. It is what they called an eco-fable. But I am going to overlook the inaccuracies and try to have a little fun with this. (The scientific mind in me is cringing.)

One of the factions are some people dwelling in the underwater ruins of DC. This is pretty unrealistic given that DC would be far underwater if all but the highest elevations were above water. Think of Mt Everest (29,032 ft) vs DC (sea level).) Hmm, maybe if we added in the crustal destabilization of the movie 2012? That might also explain why dirt is so hard to come by.

This is to be an MxF story. I plan to run the male. I am looking for someone to run a female.

Characters
Characters in this RP will be one of a few types.

The Smokers
A group of industrialized pirates who live on old oil tankers and are known for launching "crusades" on settlements. They are named after the smoke they make from their oil-powered equipment and their fleet of watercraft.

The Atollers
People who live in large floating constructs called atolls. They offer the Mariner supplies if he will stay with them long enough to get one of their women pregnant.

The Slavers
A faction that takes prisoners of war and sells people as property. They operate the only reliable barter posts in Waterworld.

The Children of Leviathan
A feared faction based out of an old aircraft carrier, whose berserker soldiers use mutated crustacean exoskeletons as armor.

The Foundation
An enclosed habitat maintained by human scientists hidden away from the rest of Waterworld among the submerged ruins of what was once Washington D.C. We could leave this for an encounter in the RP.

The Mariner
A drifter who is a half-human, half-ichtyus genetic mutant with webbed feet and gills. He has many abilities, including stealth, acrobatics, and survival skills.

Your Character
As this is to be a team up, I am going to suggest that neither of us use a character from one of the antagonistic groups (Slavers, Smokers, etc) and go with an Atoller or Drifter.

If you start as a Drifter, then you will need a boat.

My Character
For my part, I DO plan to start as a Drifter, but one equipped every bit as well as the Mariner, if not better.

Meeting
How we meet up is something to discuss. Some suggestions might be a rescue if she was a Drifter, the whole damsel in distress thing (Smokers, storm damage, etc).

Plot
This is up for discussion. A lot will depend on the type of character you start out with.

Posting
3rd Person, Past Tense
Decent literacy, spelling and grammar.
I tend to post a minimum of a page. But quality over quantity. Contribute to the plot.

If interested, PM me. You will need a CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back