• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern War Hero (set in post Korean War era)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
AD_4nXdEOk3EkaS5S1CQjcydwpB5--2lWkLWyDShdXJqcFbk6jLaAziRvr9pa7iE7r7I_BCZR_H5Uo-dNM2uS5SFDsVvda5y8EdNgSsVJlH2-2-FmyJ0uOl8UGsKg6Iaefy201xWEf1Z4AM_7FVVyosuwCmL-x4

James E. Thomas
1932 - Present

James came to Liberal, KS in the Fall of 1947. He was 14 at the start of his first year there, a sophomore. Tall, attractive, but started out a bit shy. His attractive appearance got him in trouble from jealous boyfriends. It did not help that he was a bit of a freak. He was that kid who knew everything. He didn’t play sports and if he tried, he would have been picked last. Kids saw him as just plain weird.

He lived on a farm next to a small airfield with some extended family (aunt and uncle). Rumor had it that his parents had died in a plane crash.

The draft for the Korean War started in June 1950. At the time, James was only 17, but rather than wait for the draft, he enlisted. He never said anything to anyone (except probably his aunt and uncle). He was just suddenly gone.

July 1953 (End of the Korean War)

While most of the guys who made it home came home right away, James did not. It wasn’t as though anyone had ever made him feel welcome. But, eventually the prodigal young man returned to the town that had never accepted him.

June 1955 or 1960

James is a war hero. While most men never served more than a year, James stayed for the duration, most of that as a medevac pilot. His nickname became The Saint. (The common name for such pilots was angels of mercy, but the name James gave people other ideas, including someone hanging a sign over the door to his tent at the MASH unit that read, “St James Place.” The CO decided it should stay as it was good for morale.

Liberal High School is holding its 5 year reunion for the Class of 1950. James wasn’t exactly invited. But he has chosen to show up, arriving in May - about a month in advance.

Your Character
I plan to run James, of course. I am looking for someone to play a local lady from his class. Optionally, we could set this at a later date - the 10 year reunion. Of course, then the characters would be 28.

You are also welcome to create and run NPCs in town.

Posting
3rd Person Past Tense
Decent literacy
I typically manage about a page per post.

PM me if interested.
You will need a CS for your character. Have it ready please.
Let me know if you prefer Age 23 or 28.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back