Advice/Help Walkin and open end roleplaying

Megatron2024

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Why doesn't this site have walkin roleplaying? eveyone together without character sheets? pros, and newbies together? experienced and unexpected? thats what real rolepaying should be.

i was told i needed a months experience, and alot posts in roleplaying before people will play with me......
if that is true: that sucks. it shouldn't be that way. thar is not what roleplaying should be like. right?

I've never seen anyone post a completely open roleplay thread on here before.

Asking you for a month's experience and lots of posts beforehand isn't good though lol, roleplays aren't jobs. I'd recommend posting your own interest checks and looking for ones in the 1x1s or group checks you'd be interested!

never heard of that. i'm not sure where you encountered this, but that kind of discrimination shouldn't exist in the roleplay world. and honestly, i've never thought about whether someone was a newbie or experienced player (i write 1x1, not group, so i'm not sure if that makes a difference)? i'd listen to caroline1539's advice and make your own interest check though. i also know that quests exist and sort of match what you're describing where there's no character sheets, but that's more a CYOA if anything. maybe that'd interest you?

i was told i needed a months experience, and alot posts in roleplaying before people will play with me......
Whoever said that to you is definitely wrong.

The only time I have ever seen walk up/open ended rp is in video games like World of Warcraft (WoW), Final Fantasy XIV (FF14) or even Guild Wars 2 (GW2). As far as forums/web based rp, I have never seen something that didn't require an application and/or character sheet.

Roleplay should never discriminate, we all started somewhere.

Hi!!

Back in the day we called it Jump-ins or Opens. Yeah those were fun. But like 'real roleplaying?' Lol dunno about that.

Right k but I don't think asking for months experience is a fair ask. Most gms ask for post samples since they'd like to see your style and skill of writing. And like tbh if a gm has requirements it's basically their rp so despite it being rude asking for months experience it is up to them and their pref. Cuz to many gms group fit is really important to them. And actually normally you'd see their prefs in the int chk so you can judge if you a good fit or not.

And I mean if you don't like their requirements, you could easily start your own no experience necessary Walk up rp?

Hi!!

Back in the day we called it Jump-ins or Opens. Yeah those were fun. But like 'real roleplaying?' Lol dunno about that.

Right k but I don't think asking for months experience is a fair ask. Most gms ask for post samples since they'd like to see your style and skill of writing. And like tbh if a gm has requirements it's basically their rp so despite it being rude asking for months experience it is up to them and their pref. Cuz to many gms group fit is really important to them. And actually normally you'd see their prefs in the int chk so you can judge if you a good fit or not.

And I mean if you don't like their requirements, you could easily start your own no experience necessary Walk up rp?
YES! You walkin You don't need a sheet. All the characters are the same or are one of three characrers, but over and over. All you need is a name, gender, and color. Minecraft is a really cool walk in: because they are all block people, just a different color and name. In Animal Crossing you are one of 7 characters. No custom characters. Take Lego RP. They are all the same shape, just slightly different. Overcooked is a great walkin rp where you cook, and you are one of three characters. in some walkin, the rp normally circles at a business, with characters that are all the same.

I think walk-in roleplay was more popular ten or so years ago when forums moved at a much faster pace and there were more people who wanted to skip the character creation phase. Aside from MMOs, the only other places I saw lots of walk-in RPs were GaiaOnline and Neopets. I don't really know if that's the case anymore but it never hurts to check.

Personally, I don't think you need a specific amount of experience. One could be completely new but takes to the hobby just as another person could have many years of experience but stay in a box.

This is why people will ask for writing samples, particularly if someone is new to the site. With a sample, it will be easier to gauge whether someone's writing style is compatible with their roleplay.

Keep your chin up, try applying to some other roleplays, and maybe start one of your own! As long as you keep pursuing this hobby and hone your skills, you'll get where you need to go :)

I think walk-in roleplay was more popular ten or so years ago when forums moved at a much faster pace and there were more people who wanted to skip the character creation phase. Aside from MMOs, the only other places I saw lots of walk-in RPs were GaiaOnline and Neopets. I don't really know if that's the case anymore but it never hurts to check.

Personally, I don't think you need a specific amount of experience. One could be completely new but takes to the hobby just as another person could have many years of experience but stay in a box.

This is why people will ask for writing samples, particularly if someone is new to the site. With a sample, it will be easier to gauge whether someone's writing style is compatible with their roleplay.

Keep your chin up, try applying to some other roleplays, and maybe start one of your own! As long as you keep pursuing this hobby and hone your skills, you'll get where you need to go :)
thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back