Story VKE Hearthfall (Worku Inu Puroguressu)

Sol

Brahsol
*Sol Note: I'm not entirely sure about what I'm doing

[media]

[/media]
Today I have been accepted as a member of the Valkitty Empire. An empire I know nothing about, an empire of trusting people. They would allow a soulless vagabond shapeshifter to hold lands within the empire. I have been given the opportunity to make more of myself than simply a wandering soul. I have been given a place to belong to. I may have yet to prove myself.

Sol had arrived at Serand, the central town in the Hearthfall. It was here that the shapeshifter chose base himself, not in Orthsheim. The central location would prove to be beneficial in long standing endeavors in and around Hearthfall. As he wandered the streets of Serand in his new earldom finding a suitable location for a headquarters, he had taken note of the state of affairs within Serand.

Despite it being a wealthy region, thieves would still be dominant and bandits would gravitate towards the mines. Sol wondered whether the existing militia was up to the task at defending several locations at once. He would need to train them himself or find an accomplished warrior in his hold to do so. For now, optimizing Serand would be a priority for the Soulless Shapeshifter. He would need to address several existent issues within the town and turn it into a proper city worthy of the standards he thought the Empire would possess. For now, getting acquainted with Serand and finding an optimal spot to establish himself would take priority.

As he walked the streets of Serand, he wondered whether these people knew they had a new earl. It would be to his advantage that he doesn't show his status and authority yet. Starting from the underbelly of Serand and cleaning all the way to the top would be better. It would allow him to have a grasp on the nature of things within his responsibility and keeping a low profile was something easily accomplished as nothing on him showed his status or position within higher society. It would be his pledge he would start from the bottom and work his way to the top and bring Serand up with him. He would have to develop the region before the Empress would call him to arms which put him on a very unpredictable timetable.

Just as Sol had enough of wandering the streets of Serand, he was jumped by a group of thieves. They surrounded him and the odds were stacked against him 7:1. On any normal day, he would have made short work of the cats via the myriad Solforms he possessed but he was sworn to maintain his current form which offered no combat abilities whatsoever. The claws on the thieves were sharpened and possibly made from material no common thief could get their paws on, it was shining and it looked wicked enough to do more than just draw blood if it came into contact with him. They circled him and didn't looks as if there was any way out of this predicament. No one looked like they'd rush to his aid, no one knew that he was their Earl either that or the masses were generally ignorant of such matters.

There were also several possibilities regarding this group of thieves as well, for all he knew they were marauders masquerading as citizens or they might have a reputation of murderers as well as thieves, who's to say they don't have a grip on the entire region. Sol had feeling they fell under the latter description, otherwise why would they possess such weaponry, a simple weapon was enough to dishearten a passerby.

Sol's analysis of the situation quickly turned sour as one of the thieves lunged at him, naked steel claws reflecting the sunlight raked the air above him as he quickly ducked down. In his current form, he would not last long in a fight. What's more was that he had nothing of value on him at all. "We do not need your kind here!" One of the thieves hissed at him. "Why don't you run along you fat cat so I can stab in you in the back." Another was threatening him while making several swiping motions which constituted a fluid combination ending with an emphasized forward thrust of its paw.

He had a choice be cut down or revert to his normal form and strike fear into the hearts of not just the criminal underground of the city but his subjects as well, if they would even accept him in the first place. Deciding that he had nothing to lose as he had done nothing nor has he been privy to any sensitive information at all and since it was his first day being chased out of the Empire was no big deal at all since he had not established himself as well.

He had begun chanting a spell that would see him back to his usual Sol form....societal consequences be damned. It only seemed to dishearten the Soulless Shapeshifter that he was disappointing his employer, that he was disappointing someone who had give him somewhere to belong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back