• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Violet's interest check--currently mostly a vampire plot!

violetofthesea

Hello there!

I'm new around here and my name is Violet. I am 29, female, and in EST, and in the mood for some 1x1s, either over DMs or discord. I am fairly active, friendly, and though not a novella writer, I consider myself capable of advanced lit. I have a few plot cravings which I will put in the post below this one! Otherwise, check out my list of characters and if they fit for something you're craving, I'm happy to hear you out.

I require my partners for 1x1s to be 21+. This is not because I want to break site rules (I acutally won't write that kind of content) but because I don't find myself having much in common in or out of character with people this young.

What I am looking for:
I am looking for well thought out characters with a solid backstory. I am looking for a plot with an intro hook to keep us going. I am looking for someone who knows how to transition from scene to scene, and to keep the RP moving from place to place so it doesn't stall out due to a scene going too long or a lack of story.

I am here to tell a good tale and I hope you are, too, and I am open to a variety of genres.

Things I like:

-Angst
-Hurt/comfort
-Deep, well-thought-out backstories
-Characters that are morally grey
-Characters from wildly different belief systems
-Characters that need to work together through their differences

Things I dislike:

-Glorified abuse
-Characters that are one dimensional and/or defined only by bad things that have happened to them
-Plots that exist only for romance without a compelling reason for the characters to be interacting
-I’m not into mafia, straight horror, or crime RPs, anything to do with a pandemic, or anything to do with cops
-I am for the most part not interested in fandom characters. Characters loosely based in fandom are fine.
-I am definitely not interested in characters that are IRL real people. Do not give these to me.
-If you try to lie about either of these (fandom character, IRL person) and I find out I am going to be upset. Don’t do it. Just be up-front.

What I expect from you:
Inspiration and two-way flow when plotting. The ability to give and take. Decent spelling and grammar. At least a nominal amount of effort (no one-liners, but otherwise I'm flexible). Respect for times I can't rapidfire, but willingness to do it on occasion. Not panicking when I use the same OC with someone else or I post a search thread when I'm still RPing with you. Communication when you don't like something, or if you want to end the RP.

What you can expect from me:
Respect for your time and ideas. An equal amount of effort and attention given to plotting. LOTS of OOC chatter. Headcanons and other various nonsense about our characters if the situation is appropriate. The same level of communication and thought given to the RP. Attention given to boundaries and respect for things you say you would not like to write about.

I am generally very friendly and chatty so if this is not you, I respect that but we may not work together.

Some other requirements:
Heads up, I am not a novella writer--I consider myself lazy lit and write 3-5 paragraphs on average. However I do like to get deep and write about my character's memories/thoughts/feelings so I can go on a bit if it's relevant, it's just not consistent. I can write an essay if there’s a reason for me to.

99% of the time I only play LGBT pairings. If I know you well and you are also LGBT, I may consider running a MxF pairing if you pitch me something really stellar. Otherwise I’m going to say no.

I generally really enjoy authors that elevate my writing and know the meaning of show don’t tell.

If you have something a little outside this document please come to me with it anyway, I’d rather have someone come to me and have me turn them down than not get to see a stellar idea I would have loved that’s slightly outside what I’ve listed.

I use premade characters unless you pitch me an absolutely great plot that isn't appropriate for one, and I have a list of them which is below.

Note: All characters have modern and fantasy AUs

Rue -- 24. Walking disaster. Youngest of eight kids and it shows. Has a degree in physics and is working on a grad program. Spends a lot of time around various coffeeshops and libraries, night owl, bit of a party animal. Knows exactly who he is and isn't at all shy about it.

Gabriel -- 35. Alchemist with a magical curse that got him tossed out of his home country. Has two children he never sees and will go scorched earth for them if it's needed. Quiet, caring, kind of a pushover. Has a thing for emotionally unavailable men.

Armand -- 23. Armand was raised by his much older brother who died a few years ago in an accident Armand accidentally caused. He has since lost much of his friends and family and generally has a very 'my friends can't hurt me if I don't HAVE any' kind of attitude. Hard to get to know, explosive, kind of a dick. Is very attached to the idea of being straight even though he isn't, can be a touch ignorant despite having been raised by two men. Would need character growth.

Wesley -- 26. Wesley is another physics grad student, and his first and only love is mathematics. Quiet, blunt, not the best social skills. Can often be found studying something obscure he found in the library. Employed by the local university, will probably become a professor upon graduation. Thinks he's doing big things for the world when really most of what he's doing is using math to hide from it.

Darwin -- 28. Darwin was a ranch hand on his parents' farm until he lost his left leg in a car accident. He is afraid to drive, doesn't have a car, and rarely leaves his house at this point. In serious need of someone dragging him out of his shell and showing him he's still capable of being a functional adult. Quiet, direct, and sure of himself in spite of this.

Tobias -- 32. Tobias was raised in an underground cult which had very strict rules as to decorum and behavior. As such he married a woman he had grown up with who had sort of been chosen for him, but he slowly fell in love with. Unfortunately about two years ago she died, and despite not being responsible at all for her illness, Tobias was cast out of the cult and lost the love of his life and his family in one fell swoop. Now he's trying to figure out how to survive in the regular world.

Ansel -- 36. Ansel is a reluctant king’s guard beholden to a crown he doesn’t really support. He was a mercenary for years and his body is starting to get a little worn out. Sarcastic and witty, Ansel does what he needs to in order to get ahead but is really, really looking forward to retirement. Would be A+ in a government overthrow kind of plot.

Frederick -- Frederick is a vampire who was born some 200 years before the dawn of Christ, in what would be present-day Jordan. Reluctant leader of vampire society, he is jaded, but very good at playing the politics game and posturing. He mostly sees humans as an interesting pet rather than his true equals, though he is not at his core willfully malicious.

Phina -- 27. A walking disaster. Phina was the daughter of a well-regarded politican. She has since cut her family the fuck off and now owns a coffeeshop she lives above. No-nonsense, really not here for bullshit. Can be catty and emotional and is honestly known for starting drama with other people.

Wren -- 24. Can be cold and distant. Had a family with too many expectations of her which she fled and cut off contact with--they didn't like that she was a lesbian very much at all. Had a previous short-term relationship which ended terribly so she has fled across the country to be a blacksmith.

Aster-- 24. Second youngest of eight kids. Wild child. Life of the party. Pretends to be her younger brother Rue's voice of reason, she's lying. Vivacious, well-adjusted, and fun despite the fact that her father died at a young age. Easy to get to know, but can be snarky.

Rosa-- 28. Rosa works as a kitchen maid and is full of snarkiness and wit. Once a prostitute, after getting arrested in her homeland she moved far away and now uses kitchen work to get by. She's happy like this, but is hiding a dark past.

Elena-- some kind of very old, powerful being. Elena does not really understand who or what she is, and works as a secretary at a law firm. She flies under the radar and would like if her identity as some sort of supernatural creature was not discovered. Does not suffer fools lightly, but enjoys entertainment.

Lydia-- 21. The widowed wife of a powerful emperor whose kingdom was sent into ruin by rebel troops. Lydia is shy and slow to trust, but incredibly steadfast in her (often challenged) beliefs. Lydia has not yet found her place in the world, but would like to.

Liora-- 31. Liora is the daughter of high-up dignitaries but fled from her homeland some years ago after a family falling-out. Always the black sheep of the family, she has since taken up the life of an adventurer and mostly makes a living fulfilling extermination contracts for the local guild of monster hunters. Sarcastic and witty, Lydia's true self is something not seen by very many people, but she can be fun even for a stranger.

Ella-- 25. Ella is a fire mage who lives in a cottage with her many cats and a flock of chickens whose eggs she takes to market once a week to sell. Cheery and bright, Ella has crippling social anxiety but just really wants someone to like her. She's enthralled by mages that are better than her and though she is in love with fire magic, her true passion and skill lie in other, less flashy areas such as herbalism and animal handling. Someone to help her see the value in herself would be great.

Clara-- 20. Clara is a young mage in a world in which this is discriminated against. A ward of the state since she was five, Clara had a terrible accident which killed her foster mother at the age of fifteen. She fled after, and has been living in a small village acting as their herbalist since. Pragmatic, but feral, and distrusting of strangers. From my current WIP.

My character is a vampire turned during the early Roman era. He walked down a blind alley, led by a stranger, and woke up famished, scared, and alone. He made his way down into the sewers, and has been trying hard since then to deny his bloodlust and resist turning into the monster he is destined to be.

Your character is a guide. Maybe they're a vampire. Maybe they're a supernatural. My character needs someone to show him how to be a vampire, and to prove to him that life continues even after you are dead.

If any of this appeals to you, please reach out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back