Velvet Sundown!!!

Banister

Introducing:

Velvet Sundown

Velvet Sundown is a free, open-ended roleplaying game for Steam that I'm currently maybe a little obsessed with.

It’s a 3D, dialogue-based game (with the potential to be pretty great) that provides limited direction/small objectives to which your character is randomly assigned.

It takes place on a cruise ship.

The free scenario rotates every 2.5 hours and the scenarios currently released are:

• Murder! (1 murderer, 4 other people, 3 bits of evidence, a few randomly supplied alibis)
  • Story of Fathers and Sons (a rich playboy who hates his father, a secret bodyguard, a drug deal, lots of booze and a taser)
  • Sea of Fire (spies from two opposing companies who need to find data to blow up the other company’s oil rig, usually a taser or two, sometimes a cult leader)

A few of the things currently making the game somewhat less than ideal are:

• Wait time for scenario can be long (at least while a few of us are trying to build a stronger player base), so it’s best to have something else to do while you wait.
  • Trolls, obviously.
  • People who join a scenario and then disconnect, which can disrupt the flow of the story for people who don’t either ignore it or roleplay around it.

In my opinion, it tends to be more fun when someone has an idea and everyone runs with it, rather than strict focus on or adherence to the plot. Regardless, with a creative, responsive and engaged group of people it’s probably the most fun I’ve ever had in a game!

Steam page: Velvet Sundown on Steam

Brief description, list of characters, controls: Velvet Sundown

The button-worshipping c̶u̶l̶t̶ group I accidentally created which we could, in theory, use to coordinate play sessions: Steam Community :: Group :: The Buttonists of Velvet Sundown

Hope to see some of you in game!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back