Universe War-type thing. An old original RP of mine.

Glowworm

A genius girl working for NASA began receiving strange messages from an unknown source. They appeared at first to be a glitch or bug. Looking further into it, the girl discovered it to be a language. With much effort (all of which was in secret) she began to understand the code and deciphered the message. She was shocked.

It was a warning. The many galaxies which had evolved sentient beings were at war all across the Universe. Earth, unprepared as it was, was being offered help from beings of a distant planet. The girl had to tell her coworkers, explain what was happening. Before she could, though, she realised something: they would think she was crazy. They would shun her and she would no longer be able to work for NASA.

Thinking quickly, she transferred all of the files to her home laptop and began typing a response. She told them that she would help, but the other humans wouldn't understand. She explained the mass hysteria it would cause and how there was no way she could convince them all alone. Not a day later a reply came, this one in English. They would be sending two messengers who would arrive two days from the date the memo was sent.

The RP begins with the girl waiting for the two messengers about a mile from her countryside home. The sun is setting and she has just arrived at the coordinates set, a hillside resembling a rolling grassy plain.

Characters to be involved:

*The girl, Kyia (I'll play her ^^")

*A cyborg-humanoid alien, one of the messengers

*Another messenger who is COMPLETELY up to the person making him/her

*Other soldiers, commanders, scientists, etc. who are all humanoid aliens

*Some human scientists/people who could come in handy later. These characters won't play a big part at first.

That being said, you can have two-three characters, just don't have like three main-main dudes. Like, one main one and two side charries for mostly scene-setting and plot-advancing.

Things I'd like to see (mostly because it went this way the first few times):

*Kyia having a love interest in one of the male messengers (preferably the cyborg)

*Most of the aliens being humanoid; it makes it easier to relate to. (At least for me it does.)

*Temporary characters who could have been very important but died off before they could help (these deaths would be pre-planned).

*Lots of tension. Universal warfare will be tense.

So, er, yeah. It's a really old idea of mine, but I've really enjoyed every time I've roleplayed it. Don't be shy! ^.^

Oh, and...
:lick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back