Story ⚠️TW⚠️ My Hero Academia Fanfic Idea?

Lostinthestorm

I've had this idea slowly swarming my mind and before I do into detail I want to preface this with a big ole ⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️ as it involves child abuse, mental health issues, self harm and at least one suicide attempt.

So it starts off with Izuku in a mental health facility, after a recent suicide attempt. Over time you learn that he was abused heavily as a child by his mother and he still struggles with the abandonment of his father... and that the heroes he looked up to as a child are just the alters his brain formed to help cope with trauma.

Izuku has DID or Dissociative Identity Disorder.

The reason the heroes never came when he needed them is because they are all literally in his head.

He refuses to believe this at first, pushing away anyone who tries to help him see- Katsuki, his therapist, the doctors. But Katsuki doesn't give up and does what he can to support Izuku on his journey to find himself.

It doesn't have to be an Izuku x Katsuki. It doesn't have to have romantic relationships in it at all really, a love story isn't quite what I'm looking for.. I'm looking for heartbreak and pain.

Why must my brain crazy putting these two through hell?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back