Advice/Help To those experienced in starting roleplay, can you give me advice please?

Warrior Spirit

Mainly about constructing the main initial thread. But also other advice.

Do you all follow a format?

Experienced people only, please. Thank you.

So it will vary depending on the creator and the type of RP, of course, but Interest Checks for group RPs generally include a short hook/description of what the RP is about, and the rules of the game, such as posting length and frequency, OOC expectations and activity, whether FCs will be used (and if so, what type), etc. It can also include a list of suggested or available roles for people to play. I hope that helps, but if you have more specific questions I'm happy to answer as best I can!

So it will vary depending on the creator and the type of RP, of course, but Interest Checks for group RPs generally include a short hook/description of what the RP is about, and the rules of the game, such as posting length and frequency, OOC expectations and activity, whether FCs will be used (and if so, what type), etc. It can also include a list of suggested or available roles for people to play. I hope that helps, but if you have more specific questions I'm happy to answer as best I can!

Whats an “FC”?

Whats an “FC”?
FC stands for FaceClaim- a picture people use for their characters. Many (but not all) RPs use them, and generally the ones that do require them to be either drawings (drawn) or photos (realistic).

The sticky threads in this forum are a good place to get started. There was also a thread somewhere listing common RPing terms and acronyms, but I can't seem to find it right now :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back