• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ⋆.˚ ᡣ𐭩 .𖥔˚ Time to pretend | Angst + Darkness Search

blussh

flɑˈnœʁ
znbqdrBVpcbZdqMbdEC0fYhE0ETVi0S_ety1B9UuoDdETRAV5Cs0yXBcHPS4-wDEe9jL16Vm_yz1SfQKmEjX5zlxmZywE_ylfC-q8TCoQRs-jGKN0ykzjoHIHNsK7tHtcaa70W5SB0cSyMNMNFbx_tY

⋆ ˚。⋆୨ ʚɞ ୧⋆ ˚。⋆

Oh, Carolina creeks
Running through my veins
Lost I was born, lonesome I came
Lonesome I'll always stay

Hey! I’m Rory, a twenty- one year old from the United Kingdom. Welcome to my painfully pretentious and very specific interest check, as I desperately hunt for dark + horror plots! I’ll kick things off with my expectations and what I hope for from a partner!

P.S. If we’ve tried something before and it hasn’t worked out, hit me up! Chances are it was me and not you.

◞ ꙳ ๋࣭ ⭑ `

me
➡ A purveyor of extortionately detailed, very descriptive posts, typically around three hundred words or so, but ranging up to one and a half thousand if a scene calls for it. For starters, and description- heavy scenes, my replies almost always exceed five hundred words. My style is drier than some, I tend to walk the line between florid and introspective with my writing, keeping concise whilst still being bright and colourful.
➡ Regular replies. Take this with a grain of salt. Sometimes I can channel all my energy into a day of endless replies, one after the other, other times my replies are more sparse, once daily, or once weekly. It really just depends on my schedule and motivation level.
➡ No triggers! I have absolutely no triggers, whatsoever, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t respect yours. Anything that makes you even remotely uncomfortable will be steered entirely clear of.
➡ Morally ambiguous, twisted sorts of characters. I’m a sucker for complex, dark characters who we can love to hate. I love villainous characters, or tragic anti- heroes, but mostly, real, believable people with real, believable motivations and pasts.
➡ I’m disabled with Autism, ADHD and a physical disability. That makes me often come across as atrociously awkward!
➡ OOC chat! I’m a sucker for out-of-character stuff. We don’t have to be best friends, but I like to build rapport with my partners, sending over memes and songs that remind me of the scenes we’re playing out, as well as making art of the characters, locations, etc!
➡ I can stick to this site, but don’t mind discord, either. I’m quite a fan of Discord’s organisation potential, aha.
➡ I play any characters, with no particular gender preference. I like mxm and mxf over fxf, but I’m down for all pairings!
➡ Ghost friendly! I know I’m guilty of ghosting! Of course, communication is always nice, but not required!

you
➡ Over eighteen, please! I wholly respect younger writers, but this is a comfort thing, due to my own age.
➡ No need for rapid fire responses, I know how busy life gets. I simply ask for updates if you’ll be gone for over a month! I get invested in these stories!
➡ Literate, please! I’m not asking for a novel in every reply, but I’d appreciate at least something to work with, meaning no one- liners! I’m not expecting absolutely perfect spelling or grammar, everyone’s human and we all make mistakes, but I’d like something mostly readable!
➡ Willing to help with plotting and world-building. I like being able to plan the next steps with my partner, rather than doing all the heavy lifting. It’s always most fun when we work together!
➡ Let me know if there’s anything you’re unhappy with. I want for this to be as fun as possible for the both of us!

◞ ꙳ ๋࣭ ⭑ `​
Now for the fun part! Plots! Some of these are significantly more fleshed out than others. The roles I prefer will be highlighted in bold!

Plot One : in the dark of our shared history
genres : mystery, psychological horror, drama, romantic, platonic, crime
key words : dark, obsession, unhappy ending
gender pairings : mxm, mxf
warnings : light gore, murder

In the bustle of New York, nestled between artsy Williamsburg cafes, a stone's throw away from Bedford Avenue subway station, is a record store and coffee shop. A haven for vinyl hipsters and indie- loving twenty- somethings, Analog Origins is the place to be with those rich enough to afford New York City cool. Muse A works there part time, on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. They claim it’s a favour for a friend of theirs, working minimum wage on top of their demanding sous- chef job at a high end fusion restaurant in Chelsea, but it's clear to anyone that the thriving business hardly needs their support, and they stay for the music and free supplies of cracking iced lattes. Muse B has begun to regular the shop, enjoying the never ending supply of window seats and plug sockets to charge their laptop when they get it out to work. An overworked and exhausted detective, struggling with the traumas and guilt of a failed job that led to the loss of lives for many, Muse B has been delegated to smaller, less offensive roles, as their strict supervisor tries to slowly wean them off their job. Muse B, in a desperate effort to regain the hope and good- samaritan nature of their job, before the accident, has taken on one final case, to solve the unsolvable mystery of a serial killer who has been terrorising the streets of New York for the better part of three years. Muse A, who’s bright smiles and bubbly persona mask a dark past of which they refuse to speak about, manages to sneak their way into Muse B’s life, reigniting a spark they long thought was dead. Muse A and Muse B begin to form a close- knit, mutually beneficial relationship (romantic or platonic). Whilst Muse B has to look past some of Muse A’s strange, nonsensical ideas, and habits, the two of them grow to genuinely care for one another. All whilst the serial killer’s victims become increasingly more ritualistic, their sacrificed corpses embroidered with bloody runes from an unidentifiable language, and Muse A’s past begins to gradually come into the light of day, exposing them, slowly, as the very same killer that Muse A is trying to hunt down.

Plot Two : vivamus moriendum sumus - let us live, since we must die
genres : dark academia, horror, mystery, romantic, very light fantasy!!
key words : saltburn, aristocracy
gender pairings : mxf, mxm, fxf
warnings : light gore, dark theme

Longing for a saltburn- esque, early 2000s horror! No specific plot yet! Just aching for something dark academia-y

Plot Three : Blood on my feet on the street I'm dancin' crazy
genres : modern, romance, horror
key words : addiction, big- city, crime, dark, angst, healing, hurt
gender pairings : mxf, mxm, fxf
warnings : mental health, addiction

Dying for a big city adventure, inspired by the vibes of oracle spectacular (latest obsession of an album) and ocean blvd by lana del rey. Crazyyy! I just want vibes, maybe plot lines of addiction, mental illness, just a lot of darkness- handled with respect and sensitivity of course. Not just played for shock value!

Of course, I'd be more than willing to try any plots you come to me with!

Please PM me rather than commenting! Just because I lose track of comments <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back