Thoughts for new character

random5000uk

I am currently playing in DB warstrider campaign, and I was playing the role of the 'maintanance/repair guy' who spent the time summoning stuff and repairing warstriders...

That was until his head unfortuantatly became seperated from his shoulders due to an enemy sorcerer... :cry:

Now here is where I would like some guidance from the wisdom that is the EC Redux and fine people who frequent it.

I have been talked into playing an 'Indiana Jones' style archeologist that jobs as a mercenary sorcerer to pay the bills.

What sort of charm/spell selection would you fellows suggest to start with/aim to get???

Also the ref has said that he would like me to take artifact 5, have a level 2 weapon, and the rest of the points on level 1 artifacts as finds from his archeological digs and tomb raiding, can you guys suggest any reasonably useful/characterful level 1 artifacts???

Thanks guys

outcaste, but not from lookshy (we have one from there already) or not from the forest witches (ref says no), the other option is lostegg isn't it?

I do own the Outcaste book put the regular ref borrowed it quite a while ago and I never seen it again since.

random5000uk said:
I do own the Outcaste book put the regular ref borrowed it quite a while ago and I never seen it again since.
Man, that dude/bitch needs to be strung up by whatever parts of his/her body is the most dangley.

~FC.

I would suggest:

- Summon Elemental

- Stormwind Rider

- Invulnerable Skin of Bronze

- Some archery charms and a good firewand

First three are kind of useful to a tombraider: Earth-Elementals, A quick escape, Tough outer shell housing juicy innards.

The last is just Indy.

Popular level 1 DB artefact is a Collar of Dawn's Cleansing Light (rename to fit the flavour of the DB eg. Fire: Torc of Luminscent Sparks). Bo3C p. 91

Don't forget the rather dull but surprisingly useful talismans from the main book. A Ward vs walking dead, demons, spirits, Fair Folk… (-3) reduces all dice pools against you.

A Walkaway Charm (3 health levels) gives you three bonus health levels if it looks like you're going to die, and that's better (from a certain pov) than 1 level of Ox-Body because that only gives a DB 2 health levels.

The Good Luck Charm and Disease resistance Charms are less useful, but that depends on your character's build and your personal preferences (I like botching so Good Luck Charms don't really interest me). E p. 336

If you're ST is flexible, you could probably create a few new wards/charms that fit in with your build nicely.

Razor Claws and Goremauls are cool Artefact 1 weapons.

Athletics for climbing, jumping and all that. Awareness for just knowing when there's a trap or two. Dodge. All the anima abilities of DBs could fit. I don't really agree with spells, I always had the impression that Indy was a 'fly by the seat of his pants' kinda guy. Sorcery involves too much thinking and not enough just jumping in and seeing what happens.

Charms? AW: All-Encompassing Earth Sense, Feeling the Dragon's Bones.

RE: Mountain Toppling Method (He's always breaking things, I recall)

AT: the lot!

DO: the lot again!

PR: Aura of Invulnerability, Unbearable Taunt, Moth to the Candle

SO: Sweeten the Tap Method, Wary Yellow Dog (for all those social scenes that end in gun fire, swordplay or…)

LA: Observer Awareness Method, Resetting Tumblers Technique

I didn't suggest combat Charms because you probably have something in mind, and I'd probably leave combat as a few numbers and work combat from a more esoteric angle.

If you are playing a mechanic type character, you'll also very  likely want to take the craft charms. Not only do they let you fix things, but some let you do nifty things like climb up walls with no problem, because you make your own hand holds as you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back