Third Man Born in Readiness "Against The Maker's Forces"

Ascension1

Apologies if this has already been brought up, and it almost certainly has been, so... apologies. I wasn't consistently lurking all the discussion threads at the time of the meeting of Ben's full circle back at FaFL HQ, but rereading that scene recently I noticed an element in #280 I completely overlooked the first time. "FACE WILL GO TO SERVE WITH THIRD AGAINST THE MAKER'S FORCES," FaFL decrees. The Maker? So has Autochthonia made contact with the Underworld in the KoC-verse? Is the Seal broken (And opening onto the Underworld? I smell Voidbringer interference.), or has contact been established via other means (Perhaps a connection between blight zones and the Underworld? That's my personal favorite Alchemical/Abyssal crossover enabler.)? Or is "The Maker" one of the unnamed Deathlords, perhaps? Whatever the case, it certainly explains his obvious augmentation (though if said augmentations are actually intended to be Soulsteel Alchemical Charms and not just an extensive collection of Artifacts, we cross back into houserule country, since he isn't the Moonshadow, is he? That's Sights, right? Of course, by canon FaFL only has two Moonshadows, and one has him convinced he's a Day, but who'd ever let canon get in the way of a good circle o' Abyssals? [Especially stupid canon. Yes, Endless-Faced Spite has Loom-Snarling Deception+Eldritch Secrets Mastery up, and yes, FaFL isn't the brightest Deathlord, but I really don't think having an Essence 4 Moonshadow (Akuma? Technically, MoEP: Alchemicals also makes that non-canon. He could just be learning the Infernal charms with his caste ability, though.) constantly pulling the wool over the eyes of a Deathlord is really tenable. Unless it's Eye and Seven Despairs.]).

...so yeah, potentially old topic. And I'm probably about to get quoted back something Jukashi already said. Although I did check, and the end of the 276-280 discussion thread is all arguments over the Keys' capabilities, FaFL's motivations, and the metaphysical role of The Ebon Dragon, with nothing about "The Maker" mentioned.

Or Ot has recently poked his head out, ala standard policy, in the swamps of the South...which is near First and Forsaken Lion's territory, he's already subverted an Alchie, and is planning to do much, much more. Mwahahahahahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back