• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy * ๐’ฏ๐ป๐ธ ๐’ฒ๐ผ๐’ž๐’ฆ๐ธ๐’Ÿ ๐’ฒ๐ธ๐’ฎ๐’ฏ: ๐˜–๐˜–๐˜Š *

Main
Here

noxrequiem

Perpetually Exhausted
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
02236fd71e4c9f79d137e1eae656eb7c.jpg
Hey there, welcome to the temporary OOC chat for The Wicked West! This will be our main form of group communication until the application deadline. Ask any questions here (or DM me), do some brainstorming/plotting, or just chat! Very anxiously awaiting to see what everyone comes up with!!

Yoo, would it be possible for me to create cambion (child of a demon and a witch) if sheโ€™s balance correctly? Or should I just stick with one or the other?

Yoo, would it be possible for me to create cambion (child of a demon and a witch) if sheโ€™s balance correctly? Or should I just stick with one or the other?
Absolutely go for it! On the off chance I think anything needs to be tweaked, I'll give you a heads up

I LOVE this rp concept so much and Iโ€™m so hype, I just read a book about a supernatural wild west posse (also my fav book as a kid was set in 1800s Utah and I am so RAHHH ๐Ÿฆ… about it lol) but anywho I was wondering if I could make a con man/criminal character whoโ€™s very silver tongued and morally grey (great at sleight of hand and gambling). If yes I also wanted to know if he could be a changeling and has been living nomadically, switching identities in every town?

Iโ€™m thinking he scammed a demon/fae without realizing it was a demon/fae and they cursed him with a brand on his chest that burns when he leaves lone cross. Maybe heโ€™s hoping that defeating this thing will set him free? Not sure! But would love to use him

I LOVE this rp concept so much and Iโ€™m so hype, I just read a book about a supernatural wild west posse (also my fav book as a kid was set in 1800s Utah and I am so RAHHH ๐Ÿฆ… about it lol) but anywho I was wondering if I could make a con man/criminal character whoโ€™s very silver tongued and morally grey (great at sleight of hand and gambling). If yes I also wanted to know if he could be a changeling and has been living nomadically, switching identities in every town?

Iโ€™m thinking he scammed a demon/fae without realizing it was a demon/fae and they cursed him with a brand on his chest that burns when he leaves lone cross. Maybe heโ€™s hoping that defeating this thing will set him free? Not sure! But would love to use him
Oh that's so cool! What's the name of the book?
And yes, go right ahead! A silvertongued changeling character sounds like fun. We can definitely work out more of the finer details later on as well

Oh that's so cool! What's the name of the book?
And yes, go right ahead! A silvertongued changeling character sounds like fun. We can definitely work out more of the finer details later on as well
Awesome, the supernatural wild west posse book is called Red Rabbit by Alex Grecian!

First and foremost, I love Delta Rae. The Southern Gothic vibes are immaculate. I also love Weird West stories, because it's such a great time period to have these supernatural things happen and no one is the wiser. People appeared and disappeared without anyone really wondering.

As I'm usually the sort to play a human in these sorts of settings, for fun, the urge to play a Western vampire calls me. Working at the hotel that cropped up, when the railroad came through, as a night manager. Manning the front desk, but mostly there as hired muscle to make sure no one gets too rowdy at night. Trying to lay low because of a bounty on their head, or something of that sort. I enjoy playing against type and not making a pretentious high-class vampire. But more of a rough and tumble sort of character. Not that there's anything wrong with the former. I just had a fun idea to make "Arthur Morgan as a vampire. " I'm kidding... a little.

Anyway. Obviously I'm interested. lol

Hey! I was thinking of going the Ghost route. I was thinking my character is possessed by an old spirit, specifically, a Wendigo or a Wendigo-like manifestation. Is that alright?

My idea would be for an older Norwegian bounty hunter who's currently working the Lone Cross gang "case". He was turned by werewolves years ago while on the island of Solstheim (Elder Scrolls reference).

Hey! I was thinking of going the Ghost route. I was thinking my character is possessed by an old spirit, specifically, a Wendigo or a Wendigo-like manifestation. Is that alright?
For clarification do you mean they're human and possessed by a spirit? Or they are also a ghost themself?

First and foremost, I love Delta Rae. The Southern Gothic vibes are immaculate. I also love Weird West stories, because it's such a great time period to have these supernatural things happen and no one is the wiser. People appeared and disappeared without anyone really wondering.

As I'm usually the sort to play a human in these sorts of settings, for fun, the urge to play a Western vampire calls me. Working at the hotel that cropped up, when the railroad came through, as a night manager. Manning the front desk, but mostly there as hired muscle to make sure no one gets too rowdy at night. Trying to lay low because of a bounty on their head, or something of that sort. I enjoy playing against type and not making a pretentious high-class vampire. But more of a rough and tumble sort of character. Not that there's anything wrong with the former. I just had a fun idea to make "Arthur Morgan as a vampire. " I'm kidding... a little.

Anyway. Obviously I'm interested. lol
Love love LOVE Delta Rae and that makes me so excited you do too! Their music is a vibe for sure, and I listened to them a lot while working on creating this story

"Vampire Arthur Morgan" sounds like a great character concept; I feel like you don't typically see rough and tumble vampire types a whole lot in fiction. There's definitely a trend towards seeing them be written as the more posh and reserved types so we love to see it

For clarification do you mean they're human and possessed by a spirit? Or they are also a ghost themself?
I think the former aligns the most with my idea, so they'd be a human possessed by a spirit. If that's alright of course.

I'm not sure if you'd like such a character to fall under the Human role or the Ghost one, either one works for me.

I've got a midwife/physician-lite who I think would be hilarious to write for as a witch-in-denial: Sure, she uses some herbal remedies, but who doesn't, when the trains don't exactly bring the calomel and morphine when it's needed? She's completely aware of the supernatural and the magical nature of many of her patients, just refuses to believe she might have any part in it- She's just a good doctor who gets lucky more times than not, she tells herself.

I have an idea, I don't know if it's a good one lol

My idea is a demon who rebelled because of his love for humanity. His whole God-ordained role was to kill plants or animals that had outlived their purpose, to make way for new things. When humanity was included in his quota, he was saddened by it. After the rebellion, he was sent to Hell and tortured for untold eons until he finally escaped into the body of someone (undecided but thinking about a pastor). Now in a mortal body, he's shielded from the memories of torment and now seeks to reconcile his relationship with God in the hope that he will be once again welcomed in His embrace. However, since death has continued unchecked in his absence, he now reasons that his only way to show his love for humanity is to guide the process of death once again.

I think the former aligns the most with my idea, so they'd be a human possessed by a spirit. If that's alright of course.

I'm not sure if you'd like such a character to fall under the Human role or the Ghost one, either one works for me.
Sounds good! I would probably just put them down as human (maybe just add 'possessed by malevolent spirit' in parenthesis after?)

One quick little note I want to make: I'm not sure how well of a job I did in getting this across with the interest check, but I do want to make sure I clarified this because I feel like I missed on stating this-- while Lone Cross has a very strong paranormal presence, most places are not quite as strong, and encountering supernatural entities is pretty uncommon (unless you really know what to look for). So even for our characters, the sheer number of other supernatural beings in town will be a bit surprising. This bit of information obviously doesn't affect who or what you choose to play of course, but i think it's important information to keep in mind.

I have an idea, I don't know if it's a good one lol

My idea is a demon who rebelled because of his love for humanity. His whole God-ordained role was to kill plants or animals that had outlived their purpose, to make way for new things. When humanity was included in his quota, he was saddened by it. After the rebellion, he was sent to Hell and tortured for untold eons until he finally escaped into the body of someone (undecided but thinking about a pastor). Now in a mortal body, he's shielded from the memories of torment and now seeks to reconcile his relationship with God in the hope that he will be once again welcomed in His embrace. However, since death has continued unchecked in his absence, he now reasons that his only way to show his love for humanity is to guide the process of death once again.
You know, this totally reminds me I almost added minor angels/fallen angels to the list of role ideas (even though I didn't, I have lowkey kinda hoped someone would have an idea for it anyway). Definitely seems like it could be an interesting character to explore with plenty of angst (especially if they start out thinking they're just a normal person at first maybe), and I'm a sucker for morally ambiguous preacher types in western-adjacent media lol. Do just keep in mind that I prefer the player character demons remain pretty limited in their powers and abilities (this goes for other roles as well ofc, i want things to remain fairly even)

I've got a midwife/physician-lite who I think would be hilarious to write for as a witch-in-denial: Sure, she uses some herbal remedies, but who doesn't, when the trains don't exactly bring the calomel and morphine when it's needed? She's completely aware of the supernatural and the magical nature of many of her patients, just refuses to believe she might have any part in it- She's just a good doctor who gets lucky more times than not, she tells herself.
Being stubbornly denial in having magical abilities is VERY funny to me, especially when faced with an abundance of evidence. Just gritting her teeth and being like "nope nope nope." Love it

You know, this totally reminds me I almost added minor angels/fallen angels to the list of role ideas (even though I didn't, I have lowkey kinda hoped someone would have an idea for it anyway). Definitely seems like it could be an interesting character to explore with plenty of angst (especially if they start out thinking they're just a normal person at first maybe), and I'm a sucker for morally ambiguous preacher types in western-adjacent media lol. Do just keep in mind that I prefer the player character demons remain pretty limited in their powers and abilities (this goes for other roles as well ofc, i want things to remain fairly even)
Of course! My justification for my demon being weaker than all hell is that he's limited by the body he's possessing. There are some things I want to have, such as seeing deceased spirits, binding them to vessels, asking questions, that kind of deal. I was thinking about taking a more necromantic approach to it, but I think being more spiritual about it would be much more entertaining.

Of course! My justification for my demon being weaker than all hell is that he's limited by the body he's possessing. There are some things I want to have, such as seeing deceased spirits, binding them to vessels, asking questions, that kind of deal. I was thinking about taking a more necromantic approach to it, but I think being more spiritual about it would be much more entertaining.
Those are all totally suitable limitations/powers! You can certainly expand upon them some more as well. Looking forward to seeing all your other ideas <3

all of these delicious ideas. just *chef's kiss*
got my warlock and zombie brother duo idea in the works rn

if mayhaps anyone has some music recs or playlists that fit the vibes, could you send them my way pls?

if mayhaps anyone has some music recs or playlists that fit the vibes, could you send them my way pls?
Here's the playlist I made specifically for working on this roleplay:

i have a southern gothic playlist that could fit, love barnes courtney for the spooky wild west vibes

Iโ€™m still brainstorming but loving the ideas so far!! still mulling over a zombie who has become essentially a servant and muscle for a powerful warlock/witch. Iโ€™m thinking to make the warlock/witch an npc unless anyone wants to fill that role of someone who raises the dead and makes them do all the dirty work, while still calling themself the โ€bounty hunterโ€.

origins for the zombie might give them amnesia or something so over time they might remember more that could potentially make them rebel against their captor/master???

edit: or maybe a deputy of lone cross who recently died and came back and is trying to keep his undead status a secret?? or even turned into a vampire??

ACTUALLY, question noxrequiem noxrequiem if you may! when a supernatural being is brought back from the dead can they become a hybrid of a zombie and something else? like a zombie/vampire??

Last edited:
Iโ€™m still brainstorming but loving the ideas so far!! still mulling over a zombie who has become essentially a servant and muscle for a powerful warlock/witch. Iโ€™m thinking to make the warlock/witch an npc unless anyone wants to fill that role of someone who raises the dead and makes them do all the dirty work, while still calling themself the โ€bounty hunterโ€.

origins for the zombie might give them amnesia or something so over time they might remember more that could potentially make them rebel against their captor/master???

edit: or maybe a deputy of lone cross who recently died and came back and is trying to keep his undead status a secret?? or even turned into a vampire??

ACTUALLY, question noxrequiem noxrequiem if you may! when a supernatural being is brought back from the dead can they become a hybrid of a zombie and something else? like a zombie/vampire??
connorrr i was thinking of this exact dynamic of like. undead on the leash of a powerful someone ... i would sooo do the witch/warlock if ur down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back