• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern β€”𝙏𝙃𝙀 π™‘π˜Όπ™‰π™„π™Žπ™ƒπ™„π™‰π™‚β€” 𝘰𝘰𝘀 𝘡𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘒π˜₯.

Other
Here

idiot

𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘫𝘢𝘴𝘡 𝘴𝘯𝘒𝘱𝘱𝘦π˜₯.
aa438e1196b0eebe89faf1d823d8f50576e7106b.gifv
—𝙏𝙃𝙀 π™‘π˜Όπ™‰π™„π™Žπ™ƒπ™„π™‰π™‚β€”
ooc thread (temp).

welcome to the ooc thread for 'the vanishing' !! this is a temp thread until the final cast is chosen and the ooc is moved to discord. the purpose of this thread is to allow everyone interested to ask questions regarding the plot/story, alongside share concepts and ideas for character apps (esp. for 'the undecided' roles). if you have any questionsβ€”ask below! also feel free to have general chatter about the inspirations and concepts within the interest check. :-)

the character app thread will also appear here when it is up! no deadline at this stage so no rush!

Hello!! One media I recognized was until dawn which this reminded me SO much of, everything from the premise down to the roles. I was wondering if you had a fixed idea of the characters' reasonings (for going to find Violet) & their personalities? The lover reminded me a bit of mike . . n I think if available, I'd be interested in playing them with a loose inspiration from until dawn's mike! Sort of comes off as confident, persuasive but also a little self-absorbed & vain? Which is why he was easily swept away from one partner to another. Or maybe even extra conscious of his reputation? Which might be why he's still playing the lover; goes on with the trip in a faux display of Concerned Partner !

Hello!! One media I recognized was until dawn which this reminded me SO much of, everything from the premise down to the roles. I was wondering if you had a fixed idea of the characters' reasonings (for going to find Violet) & their personalities? The lover reminded me a bit of mike . . n I think if available, I'd be interested in playing them with a loose inspiration from until dawn's mike! Sort of comes off as confident, persuasive but also a little self-absorbed & vain? Which is why he was easily swept away from one partner to another. Or maybe even extra conscious of his reputation? Which might be why he's still playing the lover; goes on with the trip in a faux display of Concerned Partner !
I’ve tried to keep the roles flexible enough to allow creative freedom beyond some pre/existing drama and dynamics. so reasonings for going and personalities are entirely up to you!! while I’m sure most are β€œwe wanna make sure she’s okay!!”, I can definitely see the perspective of someone like the lover coming out of guilt, or because they still love them or yeah because of a faux display for appearances. there’s no issues basing a character off a pre-existing character in media as long as it’s got some creative liberties, fits the narrative and isn’t just an oc! unfortunately these days hard to create a character that isn’t already existing in media in some regard haha.

when I get the character thread up, there will be some semblance of a character sheet for violet. she’s so far been painted quite positively (which she mainly is) in the interest check but she has reasons for being disliked by some to paint some complex dynamics.

Hello. I’m interested.

These will be college-aged characters, correct? Well, is it okay if my guy will be some kind of star athlete?

I am trying to figure out how much potential violence and fighting amongst each other the story will allow. Or whether or not its purely a co-op thing for the main mission.

Hello. I’m interested.

These will be college-aged characters, correct? Well, is it okay if my guy will be some kind of star athlete?

I am trying to figure out how much potential violence and fighting amongst each other the story will allow. Or whether or not it’s purely a co-op thing for the main mission.
yeah that is okay ! I wouldn’t view it so rigidly, as this isn’t really a β€˜forum game’, and the cast will be working together but also paranoia and frustrations could lead to some in-fighting. I can’t really tell you how much fighting and violence there will be between each other as this will organically occur throughout the story.

oh! and I forgot to respond to your other message in the other thread but there will be no reserving of roles as this is application based! :-)

Can I make a character whose new to the friend group, has no ties to violet but he’s an aspiring filmmaker who decided to tag along mainly because he senses there might be an interesting story to tell?

tracking for sure: Sent the main ideas via DM

Some ideas include (and there will be more):
Penpal Royal from another country (went on a trip because of curiosity reseasons) and is in hiding
Mafia Heiress friend of another role
Professional Ballet Dancer

Can I make a character whose new to the friend group, has no ties to violet but he’s an aspiring filmmaker who decided to tag along mainly because he senses there might be an interesting story to tell?
that is rather interesting !! could cause some tension between your character and the others as they would be frustrated with them making a film out of it and gives me blair witch vibes too!! just as long as they have a connection or two to the main group. it would make sense if they didn’t know violet too much either since she has been all over the place the last year so is plausible.
tracking for sure: Sent the main ideas via DM

Some ideas include (and there will be more):
Penpal Royal from another country (went on a trip because of curiosity reseasons) and is in hiding
Mafia Heiress friend of another role
Professional Ballet Dancer
I’ve sent you a dm!! :-)

Phew I spit out Art way quicker than I was expecting to πŸ˜… But he's up and ready to pine pathetically while fighting for his life :P ! All bg info I'm ready to shift depending on when other role details become solidified so they can align. Lmk if anything needs changed that you see now though, idiot idiot :bishiesparklesl:

Phew I spit out Art way quicker than I was expecting to πŸ˜… But he's up and ready to pine pathetically while fighting for his life :P ! All bg info I'm ready to shift depending on when other role details become solidified so they can align. Lmk if anything needs changed that you see now though, idiot idiot :bishiesparklesl:
ahh art is cool, I’m happy someone applied for that role as I think it creates such an interesting dynamic for the search party!! I like the vibes and the way he is entwined with the twins.

ahh art is cool, I’m happy someone applied for that role as I think it creates such an interesting dynamic for the search party!! I like the vibes and the way he is entwined with the twins.
tyty! I was going for a little bit of a creepily obsessed unrequited love. I'm excited to gobble up the rest of the cs's that come out ^_^

very much looking forward to more cs’s, loving the placeholders so far !!

hoping to get the twins done this week. thinking I might set a tentative date for the 30 september, just in time for spooky season and to give everyone enough time to finish. will seeeee.

finally had some time to spit out a wip for violet with nathaniel to follow!! life has decided to just give me NO time 😭

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back