• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

The Tempest

TheLovingMarionette

The Loving Doll

The coolness of the air stung my skin as I sat down under a large oak tree. Fall was approaching, yet the leaves showed no sign of changing colors nor of falling. Slowly the sun was setting on the horizon, though a dark cloudy storm was threatening to cover the sunset. The distant rumble of thunder could be heard for miles. Shifting my position on the ground, I leaned closer to the trunk of the tree.

My back was weary from walking all day long as though it deserved a nice long rest. Not too long after, the sun was already half way down on the horizon though as the storm approached, it began to drizzle. The tree covered over me enough that I could not feel the rain falling down. Sighing softly to myself, I let my thoughts drown out the accompanying thunder that came here and there. Eventually it began to storm, the rain coming down as hard as it could.

The tree could not protect me from the sudden downpour and so I was beginning to get wet. I felt miserable as the cold water hit my body, leaving me shuddering under the tree. I was alone, having no one to talk to about my feelings. Yet the weather was showing those feelings. A storm, a tempest of emotions was riled up in me.

Gritting my teeth, I tucked my legs close to my chest as I wrapped my arms around them. I had nowhere to go. It felt as though the storm would continue forever as the wind blew various directions, knocking sticks and leaves down. Yet the tree still stood, just as I sat there without bothering to run and find shelter. It’s not as though the tree could do the same, and that made me think: no matter what storms the tree would experience, it would still be standing. The storm began to slowly dwindle away as the wind slowed down.

Looking up at the night sky, I could see thousands of small stars gleaming down towards me. I stood up, goosebumps appearing all over my arms as the chilly night air stung it once again. Even though I was still shaking from the bitter cold, I felt a bit better than before the storm occurred.

Even when there’s a tempest, the tree made me realize that when standing through it and not letting it knock you down is what makes you stronger. Smiling to myself, I began to walk away from the tree as I felt more confident within myself. I hoped for a better future ahead of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back