• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Spread : Zombie Apocalypse RP?

dylans

Daydreamer

RP POSTED, SIGN UP NOW

:D ; https://www.rpnation.com/threads/the-spread.75242/

I realise that this certainly isn't original idea of the week, but I had a real urge last week to do an apocalyptic roleplay. Similar to what I've seen in trailers for shows like The Walking Dead (which I've never seen) and The Last of Us (which I've never played, but plan to). And if there's an RP similar to this up already, I'm sorry, I've only skimmed the active RPs.

However, I want this to be all original characters, all in a small group of survivors who all have a common aim - to reach safety. There is a military base in the centre of the country, and its' aim to be a safe haven for survivors, eventually flying them out of the country and to a country unaffected by the virus. Basically, most of the world has been killed off, but there are still islands that have not been infected, and there is a new world starting there. Your only hope of long-term survival is reaching this base.

There's safety in numbers, so a group of survivors form a small party, and decide to trek across the country to reach this supposed safe base, in the hopes of starting a new life elsewhere.

Would anyone be interested? I would like literate people, equal gender ratio, and I ask that you would be active enough. Keep your characters interesting but not stereotypical. Although every character will obviously have a pretty sad life story due to the apocalypse, it's not a competition.

Swearing will be allowed, but I'd prefer if you'd include asterisks or some way of blocking a letter in the word, just to stick with the rules of the site and stuff. It will obviously be quite a violent RP at times, and romance is definitely allowed, if not encouraged. There'd be death of characters, but only if it's g with the RPer. Basically, drama all the way.

Thanks for reading this! c:​

Last edited by a moderator:
VeeTheAbnormalOreo said:
I really like this! Nice job! Is cussing alright?
Yeah, just maybe include an asterisk if that's alright! I'll state it in the original post, I forget that I should include these things. Also, yay! ^^

Gilmoregirl12 said:
I am interested
Death to all betrayers
Woo :D

@Gilmoregirl12 your profile picture reminds me so much of The Hunger Games, "Are you, Are you coming to the hanging tree, wear a necklace of rope side by side with me, strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met up at met up at the hanging tree,"

dylans said:
Yeah, just maybe include an asterisk if that's alright! I'll state it in the original post, I forget that I should include these things. Also, yay! ^^
Woo :D
Ok, Yayzies!

Lmao tis not what it is from doll it is a Tim Burton sketch

Death to all betrayers

[QUOTE="Cross_Rhodes]So are zombies the bad guys here? I would totally join.

[/QUOTE]
Yup, they are. They can be controlled by the RPers, or a single RPer who would like the role of all zombies, or me, whatever is preferred.

Also, I'm really happy about this amount of interest already! I'm not entirely sure how this site works with regards to character sheets /skellies (we called them skellies/skeletons on a site I used to RP on), where you post them, etc.. but hopefully we could start posting them somewhere soon and begin the RP within a few days.

Dude I want to be a zombie

Also what you do is create a thread, make a cs you will see it in all of the threads you create. Once you make the cs people will follow the guide line and make there's then when ever you want to start you make your opening post this is just the recruitment page doll

Death to all betrayers

Gilmoregirl12 said:
Dude I want to be a zombie
Also what you do is create a thread, make a cs you will see it in all of the threads you create. Once you make the cs people will follow the guide line and make there's then when ever you want to start you make your opening post this is just the recruitment page doll

Death to all betrayers
Ah okay cool! Thank you c:

[QUOTE="kira blackthorn]Can the zombies be intellent?

[/QUOTE]
Pardon? I'm not sure what you mean ^^

[QUOTE="kira blackthorn]Can the zombies be intelligent? Can they have thoughts but lack the emotions that make them human?

[/QUOTE]
So, basically, sociopathic zombies?

Hmm. It's an interesting concept. I think I like it. Yes, maybe the disease destroys their empathy or something. They can think, but their thoughts are twisted. They're driven crazy by the infection, and they end up killing people kinda thing?

I'm so being a zombie then. What if they regain some empathy? Like if something happens and through certain events some regain some empathy toward certain things. Like one protects a person or something?

[QUOTE="kira blackthorn]I'm so being a zombie then. What if they regain some empathy? Like if something happens and through certain events some regain some empathy toward certain things. Like one protects a person or something?

[/QUOTE]
Are you trying to make them like that zombie movie warm body

Death to all betrayers

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="kira blackthorn]I'm so being a zombie then. What if they regain some empathy? Like if something happens and through certain events some regain some empathy toward certain things. Like one protects a person or something?

[/QUOTE]
That can be a possibility, sure, but I'll outline when I make the RP that it will be super rare. But maybe it could happen to one or two zombies.

Alright. And no not like warm body. These ones won't turn totally human and will still be merciless and have cruel thoughts but will feel protective over a certain person and listen to them. They will also be able to control their hunger better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back