• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

MrSynnical

Timelord
Hello there!
General Kenobi

I‘m Syn (he/him), and I’m a roleplayer of over 10 years experience in writing original settings, fandoms, and creating stories on my own. I haven’t roleplayed for a little while, but am eager to get back into this awesome and creative hobby once again.

A bit about me:
  • Am an annoying Drummer
  • Cat dad
  • Aspiring Actor
  • Likes various genres of metal
  • Obsessed with True Crime
  • Thinks people should be more outraged about anchovies on pizza than pineapple

RP Related Stuff About Me:
  • I’m more comfortable with an 18+ partner
  • Am a multipara/novella style roleplayer - but am very flexible on this depending on what the scene requires at the time. I have no minimum post length as those are very, very weird to me, and am a true believer in quality > quantity
  • Am happy to provide a writing sample
  • Am not afraid to play unappealing/antagonistic characters - In fact, I quite enjoy it as they’re a challenge!

Fandoms I’ve got RP experience with:
Harry Potter
Star Wars
Doctor Who
Game of Thrones
Elder Scrolls - Skyrim
Cyberpunk

OG Settings I’ve also RP’d:
High/Dark Fantasy
Scifi
Zombie Apocalypse
Urban Fantasy
Modern Crime

Settings/Fandoms am currently the most interested in writing:
- Harry Potter
- Zombie Apocalypse
- Batman

Is possible my elbow can be twisted to write something else however. So if our other interests align, still send me a message if you have a specific craving you think I’d be a match for.

Biggest Craving Right Now (Aside from a Dr Pepper): Harry Potter. But, I need to add something here.

Ahem.

Out of touch billionaires living in their moldy (and probably stinky) castles have zero right to tell people how to live their lives and bully others. Hate will not win, and that mouldy, stinky castle would look better if painted pink, white and blue 🏳️‍⚧️ Anyone and everyone is welcome to roleplay with me. Your identity is valid, and above all, you deserve to be happy and comfortable. RPing HP is just a free way to interact with a franchise that was a huge part of my childhood, but is one I’m no longer comfortable giving money to. Plus is a chance to write a better, grittier and deeper story than Rowldemort, which after many years of RPing with various people in this Fandom, is easy as hell. Potterheads are a creative and imaginative bunch.

Harry Potter RP Info/Ideas:
  • Already have a character sheet to share (may or may not have spent 4 days working on it… I urge you not to do the same for your own sanity!)
  • He’s an OC
  • The story would be set many years after the end of the books/movies
  • The Wizarding World is sleepwalking into facing a new threat. Have a few ideas for a powerful Vampire that’s in my OC’s backstory, but he needs a lot of development at the moment. Am more than happy for this to change though. Doesn’t have to be a Vampire threat if you prefer something else. Feed me your ideas! Or throw them at me if that’s less weird. Don’t care how you do it - collaborating is an awesome part of RP.
  • My character is inspired by Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Love Anthony Head - but it's my first time watching the show so no spoilers please!)
  • Am especially interested in a paternal/found family dynamic with an eventual father/daughter bond. Isn’t necessary if not your thing, but have been interested in writing this for a while
  • Am up for romance so long as it's a slow burn and the characters are of an appropriate age to be together. No student/staff relationships for example
  • Will be making some side/supporting characters along the way

Very Basic Character Info:

• My character is the new Hogwarts Librarian and has many anxieties about being so
  • Was a famous guitarist in his younger years
  • Ex-Auror - was one of the top and most relentless in the department. Unrelenting, intelligent and a dangerously talented duelist
  • Had to retire early after what he refers to as ‘The Incident’ which saw him bedbound in St Mungos Hospital for months
  • Life before ‘The Incident’ feels surreal; it was as if he was a different person back then. In a sense this is true. His personality has totally changed.
  • As a student who was often in detention, the thought of becoming something as ‘lame’ as a school librarian would have made him laugh his head off
  • Before ‘The Incident’, he was charismatic, confident and often impulsive. Nowadays, he’s socially awkward, would rather hide in complicated books than talk to a pretty woman for fear of messing up, putting his foot in it, accidentally creeping them out, getting his feelings hurt, and the uncomfortable blushing thing his face now seemed to do when talking to women he has a school boyish style crush on
  • Has traveled all over Europe, Asia, North America, and even some parts of Africa
  • He currently has two pets. A dog, and a new owl. He is certain that the owl has a vendetta against him
  • Has a very strained relationship with his father and older brother
  • Is dreading he’s going to be forced to take charge of a school club - Thinking making him squirm with some sort of Library Club could be fun
  • Has lost a woman who he was in love with several years ago. They went to Hogwarts and grew up together. While their relationship as adults never blossomed and she married someone else, he still loved her deeply and never fully gotten over it. He is aware the daughter she had with her husband is studying at Hogwarts. He hasn’t seen her since she was very small, and wonders if she remembers him. He’s curious but also incredibly nervous about potentially meeting her. Especially as her father wasn’t ever his biggest fan.

In relation to the father-daughter dynamic I’ve mentioned, I’ve left it open for a partner to play the daughter of his childhood friend if they wanted to. Or not. Nothing is set in stone in regards to this at all and am open to any ideas, changes, or voiding this idea entirely.

Limits:
  • Anything that goes against the sites rules
  • Inappropriate relationships between staff and students in an HP setting. Age gaps between adults are fine. Preferably for me, those characters would be at least 21+ if doing a storyline of that nature
  • Powergaming and Metagaming
  • Hard Godmodding and writing my character’s actions without consent - Incl. side characters. Light Godmodding just for the purpose of moving a scene along is totally fine with consent. If unsure, please ask! Questions are great and never an issue with me
  • Mary Sues/Gary Stus
  • Killing a pet of a character without discussing it first
  • Not separating IC and OOC

It’s been a while since I’ve written one of these, but think I’ve covered everything for now. Thanks for reading, and feel free to drop me a DM!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back