The rebel and the Agent.

bettsyboy

Four Thousand Club
The year is 2543, and Earth is a much different place, rain forests are enclosed in huge enclosures, fed by U.V lights and "Artificial water" are covered entirely by huge sprawling cities, levitating cities circle the sky, Humanity has reached distant stars but nowhere near fast enough to alleviate the massive overpopulation of Mars and Earth where over 99% of Humanity resides.

As you can guess, Overpopulation has caused a massive shift in how society is run, now the class system is similar to Saudi Arabia today, there is the upper classes, and there are the destitute with no middle ground, and as you can guess, this has caused massive problems.

Our story begins with a new global civil war, not officially dubbed "World War 28" but close, this war is underground, no massive deployments this time, no huge armies mobilizing on distant parts of the world, this war is one in the shadows, the government army patrols the streets, the rebels operate globally, with a mere 54 million active members which is less than 0.2% of the population, but their numbers are growing quickly.

Most of the war though is fought through Government agents, secretive agents who work day jobs, who look like the most normal of people, usually living among the lower classes, but at the drop of a hat, orders come in, they drop everything and they just follow their orders, the others are the "Hounds" rebel soldiers equiped with antiquated armors covered in overcoats, and large metal headgear with full HUDs inside, they operate in teams of between 4 and 7, carrying out break-ins, bombings, assassinations, and sometimes they just go to a busy marketplace and mow down everyone they see.

Our characters are on both sides of the conflict, My character, a Government Agent is given the order to intercept a squad of rebels who are moving in to perform a suicide bombing in a packed street-market in what used to be Egypt but these days such ideals of nationalism and land borders are gone, during the encounter, my character kills your character's squad, except your character herself, but soon after as mine is bringing her in, they are ambushed by a separate rebel squad, eager to kill the Government Agent and tie up the loose end of the lone survivor who failed her mission, they escape, and find that even My character has been labeled as "rogue"

they're alone, and as much as they hate each other, they're all they've got.

Your character is a mutant, a common recruitment target for the rebels, who tell them they are an oppressed Majority despite only making up 23% of the human population, who are recruited young and idealistic with ideas of being a heroic rising underdog against a "totalitarian fascist regime"

My character is a pure human, who make up 45% of the human population, the most common target of the rebels who view pure humans as evil oppressors.

My Character:
Gunji-anime-guys-16769516-557-699.jpg

Your Character:
40257.jpg

I think this sounds like a great idea! I'd love to participate :) could you message me a little more details on the meaning of 'mutant' in the current scenario? Or is it kind of just an option for what you want it to mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back