• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Raven Knights OOC

@Skaia Just before you don't accept my character, I have an explanation for the magic. I'm not sure if you've played the Witcher before, but Witchers (basically monster hunters, but there's no monsters, so I guess he's just a mercenary) but Witchers use basic magic basically the same as what my character uses, the authority looks down upon Witchers for using that magic but they don't do anything to them. If you don't like my CS, I'll either just make a new character or make the necessary changes. :)  

@Skaia Just before you don't accept my character, I have an explanation for the magic. I'm not sure if you've played the Witcher before, but Witchers (basically monster hunters, but there's no monsters, so I guess he's just a mercenary) but Witchers use basic magic basically the same as what my character uses, the authority looks down upon Witchers for using that magic but they don't do anything to them. If you don't like my CS, I'll either just make a new character or make the necessary changes. :)  

ITS A WITCH!!!!!!!- no a witcher. . . . WITCHERRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

As much as I am a fan of Geralt and all his Witcher(ing) deeds, this character does completely go against the lore @Skaia and I developed. I'm going to have to say no, unfortunately.

Hey mind if I join?

og-image.png

Sure, feel free to go over our extra information subforum to get an idea of what we're looking for in a character. Also, I understand that the "Magic Explained" section was overlooked when the thread was posted last night ( it was 3am, we were tired xD ), so just keep an eye out for that when we update it in a few moments, as I gather that that has been fairly confusing for some applicants.

As much as I am a fan of Geralt and all his Witcher(ing) deeds, this character does completely go against the lore @Skaia and I developed. I'm going to have to say no, unfortunately.

I'm gonna have to follow @Onikuma on their decision to disapprove your Application, @Darth Gangsta. We encourage as much originality in your character as possible, considering I have no knowledge of the the Witcher that others have, I would recommend a complete revision of your application. 

Hi! I'm really interested in joining and I would like to know if any of these powers are ok (I'm only picking one but I want to know if any of these are ok)

• Animal Shapeshifting (would have something on the animal to make in obvious it's that person, like a symbol or something)
  • Crystal Manipulation
  • Astral Manipulation (think Raven from Teen Titans) 
  • Support Power (Temporarily making others stronger/Healing)
  • Sonic powers (As in Singing, not the hedgehog XD)
  • Siren song (hypnotizing, sleeping spells)

@StarBabyPixel We are all for creativity, especially when it comes to powers. All of those powers would be acceptable so long as they had appropriate limitations in their use. Of course, these limitations can fade over time, as we are intending to have all the knights grow over the course of the roleplay, but yeah, you get it. Looking forward to your application!

@sprouhtt We'll be on the lookout for your application! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

@Darth Gangsta It's no inconvenience at all, trust us. We're just adamant about sticking to the lore and having all original content, ya know? ^_^

Heads up, one and all! The first post of the roleplay is up! If you've been approved, feel free to jump in. Please try to maintain a sense of order when posting and above all, have fun!

Side note, I will be taking control of The Raven Council for the time being. As such, any post I put up under those characters will control the flow of things to ensure the plot progresses, so keep that in mind whilst we argue about Knightly politics. :P

@Onikuma @Skaia I hope you guys can accept the new character you made. If you need me to make any edits, I'll be happy to. 

I just have one question, hope I'm not asking for too much, but if you do accept my character, could he maybe the Ealdorman of Loenshire? 

Just finished the character. Apologies for the absolutely MASSIVE bio - I tend to be something of a worldbuilding junkie, and I put in a lot of flavor into fleshing it out. Hopefully I haven't stepped on anyone's (and by that I mean Skaia's) toes in the design.

I'll be going over everyone's applications right now, stay tuned.
@Fear Fates - So, there's a multitude of things that are the reason behind us denying your application. Among them, the powers are too over the top, the backstory is more or less a sequence of events rather than a history of the character and finally, while I try not to be the grammar police as I'm nowhere near perfect myself, the writing is fairly sloppy and uses so much modern slang that I couldn't approve it even if the other issues weren't in question. I'm going to ask that you revise the entirety of your application and get back to us.

Denial you say? Revise you say? Grammar, well I do suck at grammar.... But atlas I'll accept the challenge! Lore-friendly mode initiate, @Onikuma I'll bring down the lore-friendly hammer upon you! With improved grammar!

949.gif

Challenge accepted!

I think the idea is that whatever your background, you need to be a member of the order now. So an ex-bandit/pirate should work, afaik.

TFW still no response to my application. Either my massive girth is intimidating people, or it's so abysmally bad I don't deserve a response. 

I think the idea is that whatever your background, you need to be a member of the order now. So an ex-bandit/pirate should work, afaik.

TFW still no response to my application. Either my massive girth is intimidating people, or it's so abysmally bad I don't deserve a response. 

Maybe the admins are just offline. Y'know, living lives. ¬-¬

Users who are viewing this thread

Back