• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic The Hacker {Interest Thread}

Andy Samberg

Andy Samberg
(This is going to have assigned characters, and there are 5 slots. This will kind've be a Splinter Cell fandom, but not really. New characters and an entirely different storyline. Other than the part that America is at risk of defeat.)

The board room.

That was where James was when it all went down.

After his successful operation in Laos to recover stolen intel from the Vietnam war for a weapon, he was ready to be debriefed and was ready for another operation... whatever that would be.

Meanwhile, his mission coordinator Jewl sat in her chair slumped as the operative entered the room with his partner. James was his name. Although she hadn't really quite learned the other one's name. She thought it was Nathan or something. She looked around in the gargantuan room. Varoius other cheifs and secretaries stood in the midst of a bustling room. 'Another day at the office...' Jewl reminded herself.

"BINGO!" Rat said. He had a hard time getting in, but staying in was the problem.

He was hacking into a foreign research site to get their intel on nuclear launch codes and missile direction along with the number of supplies. He finally got in and recorded the data. "Nelson!" Rat alerted. He printed the file and ran to where the mission commander, Nelson Witz stood. "Got it!" Rat said. "Thanks Ned. You're gonna be briefed on another task soon, take your break. "Rats gotta do what a Rats gotta do." Rat said, glad he could give his computer skills a break.

Nelson whipped through the files, noting that the missile number was off. Their previous knowledge sources told them that only around 50 of the nukes they controled were active. Now all of them were. And the weird part of it was that more than half of the nukes were under a different computer comtrol. Probably from Russia if the coordinates were on. "This isn't right..." He said.

Nathan just wanted to get down and have some rest. This was terrible. He literally had to run around 15 hours of the past day and hide from guys with guns that he could easily take down if they had given him the fire order. He plopped down on the couch in the briefing roomand listened. There wasn't much to Nathan. Casual middle class life, military background, took ROTC and was head of his class. Now he was with spec-ops. And he hadn't known what he had signed up for.

the five of them were then in the briefing room for 4 different reasons. And at that second, everything in the base powered down.

"What the hell?" Nelson said aloud.

The televisions and other screens turned on, with a blurred face of a Caucasian male. "This is not a warning." The voice said. He was using a voice changer.

"Scramble that voice! They should rot for just interupting our power!" Nelson said.

"Already on it!" Rat said, pulling his laptop out.

"There's no use in that. But more to the point. We control over 200 nuclear missiles and MOAB tech projectiles. Little less than half are under the US's watch. If you do not give me what we want I will launch all of them to target military bases. My demands are that you give me 2 billion dollars in wire transfer. Nothing else. This will not be negotiated."

The commander stepped back.

"Oh yeah, I also have a whole battallion of your Army Rangers under captivity." The voice said, pointing the camera towards cells and cages holding various men.

"Oh... Crap..." Rat mumbled

(lemme know if you're interested.)

While an earnest attempt at setting up the background, you left out what the objective was or what the players would be doing. Since you seem to be enjoying it, while not try writing it as a fan fiction in an alternative Splinter Cell universe.

@alexis the furry Quality, not quantity is what should be strode towards. If you find four paragraphs to be too much, then perhaps another RP may be more suited.

You said that four paragraphs is too much to read, which is perhaps more of an indictment of yourself. Yes, I said quality is more important than quantity. No one has said otherwise. Did you misread:

I meant as a max amount not the bare minimum

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, you are making assumptions. Secondly, how can it be half a page(of what, A4 at 1.5 ling spacing and size 12 font)? A paragraph can be any length of a sentence or several related ones together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back