• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Feudal East (Fantasy Nation Building)

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
The Land of Hoken-Chi
208246744_Feudal-Japan-Header.jpg
This RP will take place in a fictional continent based off of Feudal Japan. Create or serve under a house of Nobles lead by a Daimyo or Shogun, clans of Mercenary ninja, or mysterious trespassers from the West.

Noble houses are the ones who own land, possess an organized military, and wield considerable wealth. Your decisions between diplomacy and war may lead you to prosperity or being stabbed in the back. Hiring ninja to do your dirty work is seen as disgraceful, but it is an insult rooted in hypocrisy, as it is such a common practice.

Ninja clans are mercenaries who abandon their lives as lower class citizens and farmers and take up a life of personal freedom as a private clan. By their very nature, Ninja are trained in the act of stealth to avoid discovery by enemy houses. Many ninja act aloof to the Nobles, only acting in their service with payment and only lashing out when their sense of freedom is being robbed from them.

They who come from the west are any number of things, but what they are not, are Hoken-Chi natives. This naturally raises suspicion and rumor about them, leading to great deals of stigma and shunning. Playing as a Westerner are for those who do not desire the responsibilities of a Noble or Ninja, but still feel compelled to meddle in their business because that's what they do.

The time period takes place in the 14th century. Firearms have not evolved passed the Arquebus, and archery is far more common for ranged combat.

Magic is a present element, in this setting, based on who you play as it will undergo different names. Nobles and Samurai use "Sorcery", Ninja use "Ninpo", while Westerners often call it "Witchcraft".

Now, for a proper introduction.

For centuries of relative stability, it is proclaimed that this century, our century, is the one that will change Hoken-Chi forever. The Noble houses grow weary of one another, and their soldiers bore of highwaymen. Their employment of ninja clans has increased frequently as has their reliance on rituals and magic. Demons rise to take advantage of those too gullible, and seek to raze of of Hoken-Chi to fiery ashes.
The Ninja clans have too, grown more powerful in their magical arts of Ninpo, and suspicions arise between the Nobles and the Ninja, both now growing suspicious of the other. It has long been believed by Ninja that Nobles did not have magic, while Nobles believed "Ninpo" to be their pragmatic tricks and rumors. This veil of lies is slowly coming undone, and the seeds of mistrust have been planted and well-watered.

As if all that weren't chaos enough, strange boats have been arriving on our shores, carrying unusual travellers not of Hoken-Chi, for any number of docile and malignant reasons. To believe our land is not the only one to host civilization is both comforting and terrifying. I fear there may be a war coming, one unlike any ever fought in Hoken-Chi.

The Land of Hoken-Chi
208246744_Feudal-Japan-Header.jpg
This RP will take place in a fictional continent based off of Feudal Japan. Create or serve under a house of Nobles lead by a Daimyo or Shogun, clans of Mercenary ninja, or mysterious trespassers from the West.

Noble houses are the ones who own land, possess an organized military, and wield considerable wealth. Your decisions between diplomacy and war may lead you to prosperity or being stabbed in the back. Hiring ninja to do your dirty work is seen as disgraceful, but it is an insult rooted in hypocrisy, as it is such a common practice.

Ninja clans are mercenaries who abandon their lives as lower class citizens and farmers and take up a life of personal freedom as a private clan. By their very nature, Ninja are trained in the act of stealth to avoid discovery by enemy houses. Many ninja act aloof to the Nobles, only acting in their service with payment and only lashing out when their sense of freedom is being robbed from them.

They who come from the west are any number of things, but what they are not, are Hoken-Chi natives. This naturally raises suspicion and rumor about them, leading to great deals of stigma and shunning. Playing as a Westerner are for those who do not desire the responsibilities of a Noble or Ninja, but still feel compelled to meddle in their business because that's what they do.

The time period takes place in the 14th century. Firearms have not evolved passed the Arquebus, and archery is far more common for ranged combat.

Magic is a present element, in this setting, based on who you play as it will undergo different names. Nobles and Samurai use "Sorcery", Ninja use "Ninpo", while Westerners often call it "Witchcraft".

Now, for a proper introduction.

For centuries of relative stability, it is proclaimed that this century, our century, is the one that will change Hoken-Chi forever. The Noble houses grow weary of one another, and their soldiers bore of highwaymen. Their employment of ninja clans has increased frequently as has their reliance on rituals and magic. Demons rise to take advantage of those too gullible, and seek to raze of of Hoken-Chi to fiery ashes.
The Ninja clans have too, grown more powerful in their magical arts of Ninpo, and suspicions arise between the Nobles and the Ninja, both now growing suspicious of the other. It has long been believed by Ninja that Nobles did not have magic, while Nobles believed "Ninpo" to be their pragmatic tricks and rumors. This veil of lies is slowly coming undone, and the seeds of mistrust have been planted and well-watered.

As if all that weren't chaos enough, strange boats have been arriving on our shores, carrying unusual travellers not of Hoken-Chi, for any number of docile and malignant reasons. To believe our land is not the only one to host civilization is both comforting and terrifying. I fear there may be a war coming, one unlike any ever fought in Hoken-Chi.
So is there any sort of connection between magic and demons?

House name is Acoma
latest-1.png That's the crest and colors.

They are a military family, with a history of conquest.

It has been added. Check the Information tab for the details. If there are any changes to be made or something you would like me to add, please say so.

I'm interested! I would like to create a ninja character and clan with water based ninpo. I will get working on an emblem if you give me the green light.

This has caught my interest.
Are you still accepting new people?

(I realize that this seems to have 7 or 8 people already so I'd understand if this is closed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back