• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Blackmarrow University for Bizarre Sorceries [Perma-OPEN!]

Mephisto

The King of Swing
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Good tidings, humble citizen of Skellbrieg.

I hope this letter finds you well.

You have been cordially invited to participate in the study, cataloging, and expression of esoteric magics. Surely you've heard of simple spells such as Fireball or Frostbolt. Here at the Blackmarrow University of Bizarre Sorceries, we aim to educate the common magician about weirder wizardry (as well as keep them safe from the dangers involved).

Our staff is uniquely equipped to handle these dangers - for it is composed of some of the mightiest mages in all the land!

Professor Nhumrethaz, ancient beyond reckoning, is the foremost expert on necromancy.

Professor Mephisto, summoned from the Elder Realms, is the devilish maestro of musical magic.

Finally Professor Bongo, with his shiny red nose, is the ultimate prankster in the college of clown wizards.

Together they form a shield against any who seek the knowledge and power collected within the university's grounds. As a student, you are more than safe. The only dangers involved will be tests approved by the professors or conjured from your own mistakes.

But don't worry, our medical staff is fully trained with the highest levels of restoration and revivification magic. Even so, a close run with death will get you a truly awe-inspiring lesson from Professor Nhumrethaz himself!

Join the ranks of the strangest magic-users on Skellbrieg today and get a free meal card for up to 20g at any participating Conk's Cavernous Cafeteria locations (terms and conditions may apply).

OOC:

I'm structuring this like a D&D campaign where wacky stuff happens throughout your time here.

Making a student costs you nothing but if you want to make a staff member, run it by me first please.

Last edited:
Human
Lauren Thelmane
  • ATTACK
    DEFENSE
    SPEED
    INTELLIGENCE
    The darkest nights produce the brightest stars.
    Name
    Lauren
    Race
    Human
    Elemental Affinity
    Ether
    Power
    Spirit Summoning
    Appearance
    HEIGHT: 5'2"
    BUILD: Curvy and Athletic
    HAIR: White
    EYES: Steel Blue, but shimmers pastel rainbow when using her powers
    IDENTIFYING MARKS:She has a star map on her back and white 'freckles' across her body
    Personality
    GENERAL PERSONALITY TRAITS
    Quiet
    Cautious
    Blunt

CHARACTER LIKES
    Reading about space
    The smell of rain
    Curling under a blanket

CHARACTER DISLIKES
    Loud noises
    Unwanted attention
    Being flirted with

i'm p new to this site so i'm still working out how to format things, but if this is still open i'd be interested in joining! i love dnd and dark academia stuff so i think this premise sounds p cool. could i just fill out the lil form you provided earlier or should i format a character sheet in a site-specific way?

i'm p new to this site so i'm still working out how to format things, but if this is still open i'd be interested in joining! i love dnd and dark academia stuff so i think this premise sounds p cool. could i just fill out the lil form you provided earlier or should i format a character sheet in a site-specific way?

It's 100% open, and you can format your CS however you want! Filling out the example I used is completely fine :)

Name: Beck Shultz
Race: werewolf (if not allowed i can change it)
Height: 5' 10"
Specialization: Runes (ritual casting using them and ancient languages)
Physical Description: Beck has long-ish dark brown (almost black) hair, resting at chin length. He has eyes that aren't quite gray and aren't quite green, resting somewhere in between, with long lashes and sharp brows. He has olive skin and a straight ("ski slope") nose with the last of a few faint freckles from childhood fading away from his face. He has a few ear piercings. He's well-built, making sure to stay in shape as much as possible, with lean muscles and a slightly taller than average height.
Goals: wants to learn as much as possible and get out of his streak of bad luck

40854e0c1d5f9aa62f3f3c29.jpeg

a bit rushed! i can add more detail if needed tho :)

Name: Beck Shultz
Race: werewolf (if not allowed i can change it)
Height: 5' 10"
Specialization: Runes (ritual casting using them and ancient languages)
Physical Description: Beck has long-ish dark brown (almost black) hair, resting at chin length. He has eyes that aren't quite gray and aren't quite green, resting somewhere in between, with long lashes and sharp brows. He has olive skin and a straight ("ski slope") nose with the last of a few faint freckles from childhood fading away from his face. He has a few ear piercings. He's well-built, making sure to stay in shape as much as possible, with lean muscles and a slightly taller than average height.
Goals: wants to learn as much as possible and get out of his streak of bad luck

40854e0c1d5f9aa62f3f3c29.jpeg

a bit rushed! i can add more detail if needed tho :)

Nah this is good, I'm curious about what would happen if you get certain numbers on the CHAOS TABLE lol

Right now it's a d77 but I think a d265 would be funny to start out with!

Nah this is good, I'm curious about what would happen if you get certain numbers on the CHAOS TABLE lol

Right now it's a d77 but I think a d265 would be funny to start out with!
sick lol! i tend to have the weirdest luck w tables (source: i played a wild magic sorceror my first dnd campaign)

sick lol! i tend to have the weirdest luck w tables (source: i played a wild magic sorceror my first dnd campaign)

Considering your race there are certainly a few rolls that would be interesting to work out

But then again for each one of those there's about twenty horrible fates! :D

Probably looking at a Saturday start, but anyone who wants to join afterwards are more than welcome to! This is probably going to be perma-open

3fc21608bdfbffbde58657519e9e19e0.jpg

Name: Caldur
Race: Elf (Altered)
Height: 5 ft 6
Weight: 120 lbs
Specialization: "Forest" Magic. Manifests in the ability to manipulate much of what is conceptually associated with nature. This hinges around plants and fungus, with secondary supporting elements included in his sphere of influence.

Caldur can manipulate water due to rain, but not lightning. Caldur can manipulate soil and mud but can't manipulate solid rock or metal directly. Despite the fact that wildfires are a natural occurrence, fire is viewed as an enemy.

His manipulation of plants does more than it might imply. While manipulation of wind allows for blasts and the purification of the air, his manipulation of plants allows him to alter the physiology of the plants themselves magically. With this, he can create magical plants of numerous properties.

Notably, he has devised wood as strong as steel. And he has made fungus capable of reanimating people back from the dead. And he has made flowers which feed upon the blood of living beings, particularly humans -- but can naturally attune it to feed on different species. These are hard to remove once allowed to grow.

Physical Description: At first glance, Caldur looks as most elves do. He is of fair skin, with long and pointy ears. He is short and not particularly stocky, having a lean body.

Deeper inspection, however, shows that at certain points, Caldur has crystalline formations at various parts of his body, protruding out from his bones. One atop his head looks like horns. A few juts out of his elbows and forearms and cause him to have a pearl-like crystal in front of his forehead. He has a set of eyes that can see better in the dark and can enable him.

These formations make Caldur's bone structure rather brittle. But he has a great capacity for magic as a result. He needs no catalyst or wand in order to cast.

Goals:
  • Refine his forest magic.
  • Learn about how other types of magic which exist and devise means against them.
  • Kill all the humans who inhabit/encroach upon his home.
  • Prevent the expansion of all races into the woods. And become a guardian of the "forests" and what he perceives as the natural order, itself.
  • Keep the last three goals, a secret from everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back