• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Black Rose Order OOC

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Trying to think up something kinda unique. Just having to put pieces together between working at a hospital

Aye, I'm still here.
Glad to hear it.

Is there a magic system in place? If yes, what are the limitations of these magical abilities?
Less a magic system. It's more like they know magic exists, but it takes a special type of person to practice it. As far as limits go, don't give me some instant death magic or nuclear destruction magic. These guys are tough, but not single man destroys the world tough.

Trying to think up something kinda unique. Just having to put pieces together between working at a hospital
That is perfectly understandable. Glad to hear it.

Ace Cream Ace Cream Paperface Paperface Saturn_moon Saturn_moon simj26 simj26 Lil Shirou Lil Shirou

It has been brought to my attention that the posting needs adjusting. So, I am imposing a system.

Posting will take place in rounds. My post will start a round and each person may post once in a round. Each round will last 3 days, less if every person has posted in that round. If you have not posted within that 3 days, then we will skip your post that round. A new round starts after my post. This makes sure our less active players can keep up and all information of last round is easily accessible.

Thank you Paperface for bringing this issue up and Ace for giving a solution.

Seems like a system that brings order without being too restrictive, I like it. Nice job! I'll get to work on an OC then~

I'll post the W.I.P sheet for now, I'll update it further at a later moment when I have more time on my hands. Please, do let me know if changes need to be made.

During the imprisonment, do our characters live somewhat normally like an exile or chained down inside a dungeon?

During the imprisonment, do our characters live somewhat normally like an exile or chained down inside a dungeon?
I was thinking more like the ladder.

101 potential character ideas in my head and no idea which to develop. AHHHH
If you have one that doesn't use magic, that would be good. All of ours so far have some form of magic. Just an option.

Paperface Paperface
So far, so good.

Meaning the second option. These guys were insanely fearsome. Considered to be the Queen's personal hunting dogs. There is no way they wouldn't chain them up.
Okok.
How long since they've been imprisoned? Also, is there anti magic rock? Otherwise then I will need to put Stella in a special jail that looks like this
800px-Very_Black_screen.jpg

Okok.
How long since they've been imprisoned? Also, is there anti magic rock? Otherwise then I will need to put Stella in a special jail that looks like this
View attachment 833577
There are no anti-magic rocks. The betrayal was planned, so I assumed they would have a plan for imprisoning the entire order. By they way, I cannot see the picture.

There are no anti-magic rocks. The betrayal was planned, so I assumed they would have a plan for imprisoning the entire order. By they way, I cannot see the picture.
Exactly, Stella is very slippery with her magic so regular cell can't hold her. An easy and cheap fix for this is just to throw her inside a pitch black room. This will of course affect her sanity so I will add that later.

Ace Cream Ace Cream
As far as time of imprisonment, I was thinking about 8 years give or take.
Then I will also need to tweak her age.

Exactly, Stella is very slippery with her magic so regular cell can't hold her. An easy and cheap fix for this is just to throw her inside a pitch black room. This will of course affect her sanity so I will add that later.

Then I will also need to tweak her age.
All that sounds good. Just let me know.

Two questions:
What is the level of technology in this world? I'm considering an armorer/weaponsmith type character, with some mild steampunk vibes. Think of someone who has little or no fighting prowess, but makes up for it with a mechanized suit. Basically a walking siege engine. If cogs, and gears and steam isn't acceptable, I could substitute magic instead; like a suit of rock armor or living metal or something of that nature. Also: gunpowder? Yes or no?

Also, could you share more details on the imprisonment and what that was like? Who has been feeding and caring for them for 8 years and, if the Black Rose Knights are so scary, why keep them alive at all? I smell spoilers but, ehhhh, it can't hurt to ask, right?

Two questions:
What is the level of technology in this world? I'm considering an armorer/weaponsmith type character, with some mild steampunk vibes. Think of someone who has little or no fighting prowess, but makes up for it with a mechanized suit. Basically a walking siege engine. If cogs, and gears and steam isn't acceptable, I could substitute magic instead; like a suit of rock armor or living metal or something of that nature. Also: gunpowder? Yes or no?

Also, could you share more details on the imprisonment and what that was like? Who has been feeding and caring for them for 8 years and, if the Black Rose Knights are so scary, why keep them alive at all? I smell spoilers but, ehhhh, it can't hurt to ask, right?
The reason they weren't killed is simple. Who wants to kill a force that strong? They wanted to break them and hopefully make them a force for one nation or another. The ones feeding them changed, but all were employed under an organization I will not reveal right now.

As far as all your ability questions go, the mechanics have to be magic related. So long as you clearly connect the magic to the mechanics, it's fine. Gunpowder can exist under certain conditions.

First, make it clear that your character has a recipe and it is hard to make. Very rare ingredients. Second, keep the recipe secret. As in your character made it and is the only person in the world that knows how. Third and final, no gun above early muskets. Follow these, and all is good. If you want to make mods to the musket, just ask me. Sound good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back