• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Aether (interest check)

GalaxyPrincess

Unlucky Member

So, I've had this idea for a while, and I tried using it with some friends, but it sadly died.

Now I'm bringing it here, to see if anyone of rpnation would be interested in join!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The basis of the rp is as follows:

Teenagers from all over, different schools, different cities, different states, come home from school one day to find a letter waiting for them. There's nothing on the envelop aside from your name, written in swirling gold script. Upon opening the envelope and taking out the letter, you get a rather uneasy feeling, but you unfold and read the letter, written in the same swirling gold script as your name was on the envelope, it reads;

You have been invited to join myself and others on a quest throughout the aether. If you wish to attend please pack your things, hold the letter and say “I Accept”  out loud to start your adventure.

I look forward to meeting you.

Signed, CWF

You're confused, of course you're confused! But you're also intrigued, after packing a few items** into a bag, you follow the letters' instructions, and you promptly blackout.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's it, that's the start of the rp. Now, here I'll put some helpful bullet points about the setting and such.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• The setting is a fantasy world, called The Aether, it has it's own sky, lore, and inhabitants, and it is in no way similar to earth.
  • The time 'setting' for The Aether would be more of a fantasy/medieval thing, though the players themselves would come for our modern times.
  • In the beginning of the story/rp, the players will be equipped with certain items, such as weapons, coins, and new clothes. Further along in the rp, they will be able to buy things such as weapons, food, clothes, etc.
  • In The Aether, species such as Elves, Halflings, Dwarves, Orcs, Ogres, and other fantasy species rule, though there are humans. Of course, the players are human.
  • Along with the humanoid species, there are monsters such as Dragons, Unicorns, Pegasi, Phoenix's, Harpies, and other creatures. Some of these can be tamed.
  • Though I'd like to keep the storyline fairly vague for right now, the main goal of it is to have the players fight in 'dungeons' to reobtain (at least) ten magical stones, to help save The Aether.
  • **when your character packs items- it would be small things they'd have laying around their bedroom, notebooks, pens, *maybe* a pocket knife, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I believe that covers it all, feel free to ask any questions you may have, or PM me! I will get back to you as soon as my schedule will allow.

Take care everyone!!

Would it be ok if i play as my own fantasy race and stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back