That pesky Great Curse

Skyward Carp

I've been a long time player of Exalted, and I've made the jump into running my first game for a group of friends, some long time players and some who are new to the setting. I want to have them remove the Great Curse, but I haven't been able to come up with much besides a nebulous "Lytek examines a redeemed Abyssal PC and then makes a thingy." I was curious to hear what you guys have done in your games to get rid of the curse. Mayhaps it'll kick start my brain-meat and get the creative juices flowing again.

Cheers

I've been a long time player of Exalted, and I've made the jump into running my first game for a group of friends, some long time players and some who are new to the setting. I want to have them remove the Great Curse, but I haven't been able to come up with much besides a nebulous "Lytek examines a redeemed Abyssal PC and then makes a thingy." I was curious to hear what you guys have done in your games to get rid of the curse. Mayhaps it'll kick start my brain-meat and get the creative juices flowing again.
Cheers
I was in one game that centered around Yu-Shan. Someone was murdering Celestial Gods at a worryingly rapid rate. The murders were all of Gods who were present in the Celestial Tea Gardens and witnessed the murder of a Terrestrial God who was somehow in Yu-Shan. The Gods being murdered were all connected in that they had links to Lytek, the Gold Faction and were working on a project in secret.

The story went on for several weeks in game and although the perpetrator was captured, he had no traceable links to anyone outside himself. But during the game, my character had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with Lytek, during which he swore me to silence and explained that there was something wrong with the Exaltations. He wanted more information about the behavioral patterns of the Exalts my character worked with and of other Exalts we encountered. At some point later in the story, my character made a massive intuitive leap (I think he got something like 15+ successes on an Wits+Investigation test) and realized that there was a curse on the Exalts. The story ended after the botched attempt to redeem an Abyssal and fighting our way through the Undead army sent to recover her.

So tl;dr, was in a game, discovered the existence of the GC and was working with Lytek to fix it. No actual fix, but discovering a problem is the first step.

Captain Hesperus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back