Taken [Inactive]

Lillian Gray

King in the North
Lillian Gray submitted a new role play:

Taken - A private 1x1 for Lillian Gray and tamaracorine

A dangerous young man kidnaps the CEO's daughter in exchange for a high ransom.
Read more about this role play... 
God damn, I need to get a grip.

Isaac sat back in his old rusting car and dragged his tired hands across his face. Now that he was here, waiting for her, his mind swam with doubts and worry. His heart was beating so fast it sounded like it would burst out of his chest at the next sound. Not to mention the beading sweat that built on his brow, and the whole of his body shook with fear. It was that same heart where he knew he had to do this, had to take the girl. Her father had wronged him, and he wanted what was his. Cash, money, and a better life.

He had the plan in his mind. Get the girl, keep her quiet, and get the money. To him, it was simple and well thought out. How wrong he would be, how disgustingly wrong. Kidnapping was illegal, and the punishment varied from jail time to worse depending on who got involved. With her daddy dearest, it would definitely get worse. But life as it stood for Isaac McKellen was already bad enough. His funds were slowly slipping away as the months passed, his savings dwindled because no job would hire him after his time with Charles Corp.

Like a last ray of sunshine, there she was. His saving grace, last hope, Alison Charles. She walked down the street with an air of authority about her. As the daughter of a multimillionaire, he expected no less.

Just do it, go!

Isaac stepped out of his car and approached the sidewalk as if he were doing something normal, walking towards her with his hands deep in the pockets of his black sweatshirt. In one hand, a gun, and yes it was loaded. He wasn't so stupid as to threaten the girl without a loaded weapon on hand. It was only if things went south, he told himself, only for that. In the other hand was a rag. If things went right, he'd slip it over her mouth and she'd get quiet. Then, just like that, out like a light and he could start to talk cash with daddy.

He continued to walk, she only yards ahead of him now. Head bent down, eyes on his feet, he was careful not to make too much eye contact with her. It was dark enough outside already, but a man looked all the more dangerous at that time as well. When he was close enough, he reached out, chemically covered rag in hand, and went to place a hand over her mouth.

No turning back now.

Alison walked quickly home. She knew that her father worried for her on these nights when her study group ran into the evening, but she had to stay for it. She enjoyed the passionate debate that happened in this study group, where people proposed solutions to problems and others helped see the gaps in it to help strengthen the idea. It was a meeting that reminded her each week of what she was at college for.

Her headphones sat in her ears as she walked, the cadence of her footsteps matching the beat of the song. She had a bounce in her step, the desire to dance filling her occasionally. It was good to get lost in her thoughts. She liked this sort of walk, even if her father always offered to send the driver to pick her up.

A sudden dread hit her and she pulled a headphone out of her ear, listening carefully for something strange. The normal sounds of the city swam around her - sirens and shouting, cats in alley ways, footsteps of those around her. The footsteps held a strange urgency to them, though. As though someone were in a terrible rush, their breathing as heavy as their footsteps were.

Alison swung around to look at the person walking near her, but as she did, she felt a rag covered hand slip over her mouth. She jerked quickly, kneeing the attacker squarely in the groin, before the chemical on the rag stole her consciousness as she slumped over, her body limp and her mind a chemical fog.

"Oh sweet Mary moth-" Isaac gripped the shoulders of the girl and helped her to the ground so he could keep over in pain. Cursing, he hoisted her up on his shoulder once he'd recovered from her attack. Still, he didn't have to use the gun, which was a blessing if he ever saw one. Prison he could live through on kidnapping charges, but not murder if it came to it.

He set her carefully in the backseat of his car, where he picked up a roll of duct tape. Isaac popped his head out of the car and turned from left to right, ensuring no one saw him take the girl. After he knew he was safe, he bound her arms and legs in several layers of duct tape, and kept her laying on her side, hands behind her back.

Casually, as if nothing criminal had happened, he shut the door and walked over to the driver's side. A sudden panic hit him, realizing what he'd done, but it was too late. He'd already knocked her out, tied her up, he couldn't just leave her on the sidewalk now. That would be worse if someone truly criminal happened upon her. So he shook his head to silence the thoughts of the kind man and jammed his keys into the ignition.

Where they ended up was nothing more than warehouse space just outside of the city. It's what he called home when he could. In the basement, he'd cleared the walls of anything incriminating or recognizable. He painted the walls white, and kept the dull gray cement for the floor. Isaac covered the windows and put bolts on the doors. She wasn't getting out. Not from there.

Alison woke up slowly, her mind blurry and her arms aching from the position they were held in. She groaned quietly, instinctively trying to wipe her eyes, her arm tugging against the duct tape that held it. Still in a chemical induced cloud, she frowned and tugged again, then looked around the warehouse she found herself in. It was white; just white. The floor she sat on was cold, and there were no windows that she could see.

Fear struck her suddenly as the pieces of the puzzle came together in her mind. The bound arms and legs; the blocked doors and windows.

But where was her captor?

Who was it?

She traced her thoughts back to what had happened most recently in her memory. There had been footsteps, urgent footsteps, and then a hand over her mouth... a wet hand. She had kicked. He had spoken. But then everything went dark. It had been that man, but she couldn't remember anything else about him.

Hesitantly, Alison lifted her head and gazed around the warehouse, her wrists twisting and tugging at the duct tape, stretching the tape that held her hands together. With enough time, she could slip her hands out of the tape. She looked for the man. "Who are you?" she asked.

Isaac sat at the base of the door, just on the other side of where Alison screamed. He yet again dragged his hands over his face. The deed was done, and now he was a little unsure if he could pull this scheme off. He'd left demands for the family, they had one week to respond to his demand of twenty million dollars. Even the amount he was unsure of. They were rich, but he placed a price on a human being.

I feel sick.

"Shut up in there!" He shouted, and banged a fist on the door. "I'm not stupid, I won't tell you my name." If he did, they'd be able to identify him later. Isaac already had links to the company, and he didn't want there to be any more linking her to him.

Alison jumped at the sound of the fist on the door, a sudden terror gripping her. She could get herself out of the tape, but she couldn't get herself out of the door. Her mind raced with possibilities. What could she do to get out of this? Was there a gap somewhere? A vent? She looked around as she worked at the tape holding her hands together, her wrists bleeding a little from the friction the tape and her movement caused. "Stay calm." she whispered to herself.

She slid one hand out of the tape, and pulled her other wrist around to the front of herself, pulling the rest of the tape off and tossing it to the side. She easily freed her legs from the tape and stood up, trying to be quiet so that her captor wouldn't know that she had freed herself from the tape.

Walking carefully, she approached the door her captor had hit, her fingers tracing the edges of it to feel what it was that held it shut. The bolts holding it were cold under her fingers and she let out a small sigh, pacing back and forth as she tried to think. She walked to one of the walls and stared up at a tiny vent. It was just out of her reach, so she stood on her toes and jumped to pull it off. The metal over the vent came tumbling to the ground with a loud sound, and Alison herself soon followed with a pained thud as she lost her balance.

Isaac threw the door open and stormed inside. The sound was loud enough to startle him to his senses, leaving her alone inside wouldn't do him any good. Although there was no exit from the basement, aside from digging through the walls, she would still try to escape. He grabbed her by the wrist, seeing the blood, he groaned and pulled a handkerchief from his pocket to tie around the wound.

Wait, why the hell am I doing that?

He stopped just short of pulling the knot too tight, but kept a hold on her wrists. "Just sit still, and stay quiet. Alright?" Isaac's eyes widened in a mixture of fear and anger.

This was stupid. God f*cking damn! Isaac!

Internally screaming at himself, there wasn't a thing he could do but bunker down for the next week with this girl.

Alison stared up at her captor as he rushed into the room, flinching as he took hold of her wrist. She gulped, looking up to meet his eyes and then looking away quickly. He was scared. She could tell that much, but he was also angry, and the combination would be volatile. She couldn't afford to push him over the edge. She had to let him stay in control, but then slip away at the most opportune moment.

"A-alright..." she stuttered, letting her fear bubble over into her words. She kept her eyes on the ground. His face was one she recognised. She knew him from somewhere, but where was it?

He had been in a building, she remembered.

A corridor. She had walked passed him many times.

Had they ever spoken, she wondered? No, she decided. They hadn't ever spoken to one another.

"Why am I here?" she asked quietly, her voice just above a whisper. She didn't want to aggravate him further, but knowing why he had her here would help her work out how to escape. Motives always told you a lot about a situation.

"Money." Isaac said simply. He threw her wrist away and huffed through his nose. She wasn't a threat. She was half his size, and definitely not as strong, so he wasn't too worried about her bolting towards the door with him in the way. "Mr. Bigshot CEO daddy of yours wronged me, so now I'm making it right. Got it?"

He shook his head slightly and started to walk backwards towards the door. No way was he going to turn around when he didn't know what the girl was like, he didn't trust her. There was a look on her face, recognition of some kind? Now he was regretting coming in the room at all, even knowing there was no way to get out.

"I suppose you're up now. I'll get you some food, so you don't starve." He grumbled, his hand now on the door so he could make his exit.

Alison watched Isaac as he walked backwards. She wanted to rush to the door and push him out of the way. Every nerve in her screamed at her to run for it, to go, to fight. She had managed to kick him before, surely she could kick him again and run out of the door, find her way home and curl up in her bed and let herself cry.

Her rational mind refused to let her do what her nerves wanted. Her hands and feet twitched a little at her internal conflict and she forced herself to stay seated on the ground, her eyes directed towards her captor's feet and her hands clasped together. This wasn't a situation where she could listen to her instincts. Instincts could get her shot at this point.

"I don't see how I'm culpable for my father's actions." she spoke up as his hand rested on the door. "My father's actions aren't within my control, yet you're making me suffer for them? Rather than fighting the cause of the problem, you take his daughter, who is physically inferior to you, and lock her in a room in hopes of making money? Really brave of you." she spoke, sarcasm dripping from her last words. "You should be proud."

"So should your daddy, hiring street rats to pay for his drug addiction." Isaac retorted. "Or did you not know daddy likes a little coke on the side? Right." He smiled and nodded mockingly before he opened the door once more at took his leave.

He was angry. As soon as he was upstairs and out of earshot he kicked the first thing that met his foot, nothing more than an empty box, but it flew. Isaac didn't like the brat already. She was prude and sarcastic, didn't she know he could kill her? If anything went wrong it would be easy for him to simply pop one into the girl, dump her body and run. He was a street kid here, he could be a street kid anywhere.

After he'd calmed down he did come back to give the girl some food. It was a cold turkey sandwich on a paper plate, and a plastic bottle of lukewarm water. She couldn't do any damage with these. Isaac opened the door, no time for talking, and slid the two items inside. As quickly as he'd come, he was gone, slumped against the door again.

Alison's face sank visibly as her captor spoke of her father's drug addiction. She hadn't known, but it made sense. It was a piece of a puzzle that she had never seen, but it made the whole picture make a lot more sense. Her father's distance sometimes, and his anger and desperation for something that he would never name. It made sense. She had no reason to believe this man, but she did.

She put her head down when he was gone, letting her emotions take over. She cried quietly, her head tucked between her knees and her arms wrapped around her legs. She didn't move when the door opened. She heard something slide into the room before the door shut and hesitated, standing up slowly and approaching the door.

"How do I know you're not poisoning me?" she asked, loudly enough for her voice to be heard outside the door. "I'd rather starve than die of poisoning." she looked down at the food. She was hungry, to be sure. She had eaten an early lunch, and she didn't know what time it was now, but it was definitely passed her dinner time. Still, the bland food didn't entice her enough that she would risk poisoning to fill her stomach.

His words about her father had sent her reeling. She wanted to know more; she wanted to ask questions and get to the truth. It was all she desired, but she couldn't ask. She had to get home and then she could talk to her father about it. Would he pay the ransom, she wondered? What would happen to her if he didn't? Her mind was full of panic. She tried to calm herself enough that she could think straight, deep breaths as she waited for a reply.

"It's not poisoned." Isaac yelled through the door. He scratched his head, out here, he didn't have to appear so crude. Outside the door he was just Isaac. With her trapped away, it also hid away his identity as a kidnapper.

No one knew. No one could know. Isaac tapped his head against the door a few times as he thought. What was he going to do now? Wait for the ransom, that's right. Now he had to wait for a call, terms would be discussed. Of course he wouldn't tell that to the girl.

"If it were, I wouldn't get my money." He said coldly.

Alison took one last look at the food and shook her head, walking away from it. She sat down in a far corner of the room, resting her head against the wall and sighing. She wouldn't eat what he gave her, that would give him too much control. She refused to let him think he had her obeying his every whim, not that it mattered what she did or didn't do. He was outside the room and she was inside it.

She stood up some time later, walking around the perimeter of the room and trying to find any gaps in the walls, anything that would give her hope for escape without having to physically confront her captor. She found nothing, but kept pacing around the edge of the room, her hands skimming across different heights each time. Every now and then she found some damp paint, discovering the faint blue cover of the wall underneath the white paint. That would be helpful. He would have to leave eventually, and she could then try to get some help.

Maybe if she shouted loud enough someone would hear her. There had to be a way to do it. There absoloutely had to be. She stopped pacing and sat down at the edge of the door, listening to the slow breathing of her captor. She jumped at the sound of a phone ringing, her whole body tensing and her ear against the door.

The call was from Alison's father. He had just received the ransom message and was fuming. He waited for the call to be answered.

"Twenty million dollars?" Alison's father was furious, and had indeed called himself. For now, it was best he didn't know it was Isaac.

"Oh, I'm sorry, is she worth less?" Isaac mocked. On the other end there was some fumbling, light chatter. He wouldn't have been surprised if the police were involved at that point.

"What you're asking of me is ridiculous." Her father huffed. "Do you honestly expect me to hand twenty million over to some man holding my daughter hostage?"

"You owe me as much." Isaac threatened. What else was he supposed to say really? He'd never negotiated a ransom price before, but he couldn't back down.

"I..." Again, he stumbled. "I have to ask you to reconsider."

"Sorry daddy-o, Twenty million, or no Alison." Isaac wasn't happy about the exchange, but he had to make the threats sound convincing. "Call me back when you're ready to talk about actually paying up."

"Wai-"

Too late, Isaac hung up and tossed his phone on the floor in front of him.

Alison listened to the conversation as well as she could. She felt tears threatening to fall from her eyes, but blinked them away furiously and shook her head, picking up the plate with the sandwich and throwing it across the room angrily. Anger was a better emotion than despair. She wanted her father to simply agree to the terms so that she could go home. This didn't have to be complicated.

He would make it complicated, she knew. He was never willing to part with money when he didn't have to, and in this situation, he would involve the police as much as he could and try to force her captor to give her up, then throw him in prison. She wondered what she would do, when she got home. Would she speak to him about the drugs?

The room was cold. It was the beginning of winter, and she guessed that it was at least midnight from the chill in the air. She pulled her knees to her chest again, trying to keep herself warm as she calmed down.

"Can I have a blanket?" she asked. "Please." she added hastily. She wanted to know how kind her captor was. This seemed to be a good way to measure his compassion. A blanket was something simple that would give her a good amount of comfort. If he gave it to her, it would mean he had a sympathetic streak that she could manipulate. If not, she needed a new plan.

Isaac gave in to her request, trekking upstairs to find something suitable for the girl. He was her captor, but he wasn't a cruel man by any stretch. He opened the door and stepped inside. She was hugged around her knees.

He felt a twinge of guilt. Was this really the right thing to do? Probably not, but he had to keep going now. There was no way out.

"Here." He mumbled. In the corner of the room was the sandwich he'd made earlier. So she hasn't eaten yet, either. "Do you want me to make you something else?" Isaac asked with his arms outspread.

How the hell does this all work anyways. I don't even know.

Alison was quiet, keeping her head down as she blinked back a few more tears. She could let him see some fear. He had to see that she was scared, or he could be suspicious that she was planning something. She was planning something, even if she didn't entirely know what it was. She looked up at him, blinking back more tears.

Fatigue was weakening her resolve, she knew. She felt like she was on the verge of a kindergarten style tantrum. Once she had found herself crying for an hour at school, simply saying that she wanted to go home. Her teachers had relented eventually and sent her home. She didn't want to fall apart, she couldn't fall apart.

As he offered her more food, she frowned, not sure what to make of his question and completely perplexed by the motives behind the question. Why did he care if she ate or not? "No, thank you." she replied, shocked by the way the polite 'thank you' came from her lips. "I'm not hungry." It was a lie, but it would have to do.

She turned her head and glanced outside the door, trying to observe something, anything, that would help her work out where she was. If she could work it out, then she might have hope of someone helping her escape. It was too dark to see anything, so she quickly gave up and returned to looking at the white wall across from her. "Thank you, for the blanket." she said quietly, as her empty stomach gurgled loudly in the nearly empty room.

"You're hungry, you liar." He snickered, and exited the room. Sure, if she didn't want anything, he wouldn't make it. Then they would both see how far her resolve went. Quietly, now that he was outside the door, he mumbled to himself. "You're welcome."

Isaac himself went upstairs to make something to eat. He was hungry after a long day of kidnapping. The joke wasn't nearly as funny as he thought it would be, and he found himself disgusted by what he'd done.

What would I even do with that much money?

Revenge was a horrible idea the longer he held her here. He checked his watch. Five hours. It had only been five goddamn hours, and he felt guiltier than a dog digging through the trash. If her father wouldn't pay up, it would only make it worse. Then what would he do?

Alison wrapped the blanket around herself and lay on the cold floor. She needed to sleep. She used one of her arms as a pillow and closed her eyes, focusing on counting her breaths as she felt herself drifting into sleep. Each breath took her a step closer to being asleep. She eventually fell into a light sleep, her mind shutting down to allow her to properly rest, and her body tense against the floor.

She woke up some time later. She didn't know what time it was. The fact that she couldn't tell the time bothered her. It made her anxious to think that she could think an hour had passed, when only ten minutes would have passed. What was there to do to pass the time in this bleak, white room?

The air was warmer, and so she guessed that it was at least seven in the morning. She pushed the blanket off herself and stood up, stretching and looking at the water bottle she had left sitting by the door, then at the sandwich she had thrown. Even the discarded, stale sandwich looked appealing to her.

She picked up the water bottle and opened it slowly, taking a short sip, and then long gulps of the liquid. A headache would soon arrive, she guessed. She consumed several coffees each day and the withdrawl from not consuming it wouldn't be pleasant, she guessed. "Calm." she muttered to herself, walking over to the vent she had pulled off the night before and peering into it. It didn't lead anywhere obvious, and she couldn't really tell if anyone would hear her if she shouted into it.

She approached the door and sat down again, just to the side of it so if it opened she wouldn't be hit. "Has my father spoken to you again?" she called out.

"Finally awake?" Isaac called through the door. He checked his watch before he shouted back to her. Noon. It had been several hours, and the both of them were better rested. Isaac more so than Alison, for sure. "No, he hasn't called yet. I'm sorry."

Sorry? Don't apologize!

Inner demons fought now that he'd doubted himself the day before. Let her go? He couldn't do that, she'd rat him out in a heartbeat. Kill her? No, he didn't have it in him to kill someone, even if it were by accident, it would eat at him for the rest of his life. Her father would call again. He just had to. Then, he would offer up the twenty million and Isaac could be on his way. Germany sounded nice.

"Here, I brought you some food. It's packaged." Isaac slipped the door open a crack, and slid in a box of granola bars. It was a variety pack, just in case. If that wasn't enough. "Please eat." He sighed.

Alison reached out to pick up the box, opening it quickly and eagerly. She knew it revealed how desperate she was for food, but he had to already know that she would be hungry. She opened one of the packs and bit into the bar, letting out a sigh as she chewed it, her stomach rejoicing as she ate. She felt a little better immediately.

She rested her head against the wall, closing her eyes as she ate the granola bar. She was still tired and her body ached from sleeping on the uncomfortable ground, but her mind felt calmer. The white walls felt less foreign, somehow. She frowned, wondering if this was just how the human mind dealt with being captive. Maybe it convinced itself that this was what life looked like, simply so it could cope.

"Tell me about my father." she requested. "Tell me what he did to make you angry." She needed to understand why this was happening so that she could work out what to do. She needed both sides of the story, and only one was available to her, so it would have to do. She took another sip from the water bottle and put it down on the floor beside her.

His story was like many others he was sure. Hired off the streets, forced into a drug ring. How many times had Isaac been held at gunpoint for money he'd earned from Mr. Charles, only to have it taken to support that man's drug habit? Robbed a thousand times over, Isaac had enough. However, if he told her the story, it would be easy for Alison to later identify him. Mr. Charles knew exactly who Isaac was, no doubt.

"I don't know if I can even tell you that." Isaac sighed, and rubbed at his face. "Your father knows who I am, and if I tell you? How can I know you won't go straight to him with the information, then I'll end up in prison."

He knows she was only curious, but he needed reassurance if he was giving up any information.

Alison sighed, staring at the closed door for a few moments. "How can I go to anyone with information?" she asked, looking around the empty room she was trapped in. "What are you expecting me to do? Tweet it to someone? I can't go anywhere." she ran a hand through her hair. It was a mess of knots after the night of sleep she had had. "I get that I'm not in a position to negotiate here, but don't you owe it to me to tell me why I'm locked in a sealed room?"

She sat upright quickly, gasping and groaning. "Oh god..." she muttered. She needed to go to the toilet. She had forgotten that drinking water would cause that. Perhaps, it would provide her a way out. Maybe she could use it. Maybe he was smarter than she gave him credit for, though, and he would simply throw a bucket into the room. "I... uh... I need to pee." she told him through the door.

This was perhaps the most humiliating moment of her life. Either, this moment, or the moment in junior high when some toilet paper was hanging out the back of her skirt and no one told her for the whole day. She couldn't decide which it was.

Oh, right, the bathroom.

Right across the hall from where he sat was a basement bathroom, no windows. He felt fine letting her use it. There was no way to get out, and she couldn't sneak anything back into the room anyways. Not unless she tried to smuggle the toilet lid back with her, which he doubted.

"I don't have to tell you, as soon as I get my ransom you'll just blab to daddy, won't you?" He responded smugly, but did open the door for her. Isaac waved his hand, motioning her forward. "Come on, bathroom is right there, hurry up."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back