• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Superhero RP

Marvel or Original Setting?

• Marvel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Original

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vudukudu

Farseer to the Warsong Clan
Hey guys. I've recently been spending a lot of my free time plowing through the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as I managed to fall quite far behind. As of today, I'm pretty caught up, and pretty excited about the idea of a superhero themed roleplay, Marvel or otherwise. That said, I'm a fairly detailed roleplayer, so Im looking to make this a pretty sophisticated affair.

Yes, there'll be superhero action-y stuff, punching and explosions, etc. Im also looking to bring in some of the seriousness one would realistically have. Stark being an alcoholic, Black Widow having terrible guilt issues, Cap literally living in a world he does not belong in, etc. I want to see the human side of these people who are, for all other purposes, inhuman.

Now, this doesn't necessitate Marvel (or any existing franchise) which is why I am polling. I'd like to see what the crowd thinks, if they'd prefer to make this a Marvel fandom RP (in which case this would be moving to the fandom board) or stick to an Original setting.

I'm always up for a superhero RP especially if they're inspired by the Marvel/DC universe particularly. Constructing an original setting with original characters are the way to go in my opinion as from past experiences from participating roleplays with similar themes. It creates diversity and lets the player modify his/her own idea of an individual's concept whereas using characters from the franchise feels a bit stiff at times. It's just my opinion though ... I could be wrong.

So is alright if we do it where both OC and already made superheroes can be rped or do you just want a specific one? @Vudukudu

MidnightSoul said:
So is alright if we do it where both OC and already made superheroes can be rped or do you just want a specific one? @Vudukudu
Depends on what setting we end up doing. Ill take the vote results tomorrow afternoon.

If its directly Marvel, I'll probably be allowing a mixture of OCs and Canons.

If its an Original, practically by necessity, the characters will be OC. However, Marvel and DC Comics are going to exist in the Original Setting, so its possible that a character has, for example, seen Batman and fancies himself similar.

Ehh, well. Ive got enough votes to justify saying it; We're going with an Original Setting. If you've got ideas you'd like to be implemented, PM me and Ill consider them.

Expect a thread tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back