• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง๐ง๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ข๐๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ๐ฌ โ€” an 80's slice of life rp.

minajesty

๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ข ๐™ˆ๐™„๐™‰๐˜ผ !

• intro

livin' on a prayer

bon jovi

premise.

M
    arysville, California is the town where dreams are born to die just before they can get an opportunity to become something real. In the heart of the valley, where its population is wedged right between lower and middle class, graduates know that your only two options after high school are to get in the grind or get stuck in the struggle.

... The year is 1989 now, and with the world making pivotal changes from technology to its music, the usually gloomy town's reputation is making a stark change in its history with newly elected mayor, Myles Dixon, behind the reigns. The gleam in his eye a sure sign that he is bound to make the bold and erratic changes Marysville has needed all along.

But not all are willing to budge with the mayor's sunshine and rainbows plan for the townโ€”namely Edward Kowalski, property owner and the stereotypical oldhead who would rather stick with the old and stay out with the new. Why does his opinion matter, you may think?

It wouldn't if you didn't have any sort of relationship with him. You do, however, seeing as he holds the most affordable housing on the market that you can afford to cough up monthly rent for. The prehistoric multiplex you call home is quite the character on the block of 190 Sunnyside Driveโ€”its railings kindly dusting your grocery bags with orange rust when you use them and the resident tabby angrily demanding that you feed her on schedule.

For a fastly-approaching senior citizen, you can't complain too much about Kowalski's management capabilities despite the fact that you wish he wasn't so stuck in his times. Regardless, the multiplex is yours to call home. But how long will the peace last with a war seemingly brewing between the old gen and the new?

โ€”

if you've made it this far, welcome to the block of sunnyside drive! sunnyside heights is what you may have already guessed: your classic, slice-of-life group roleplay set in late 80's california. i've been patiently waiting for a casual group to arise, to no avail, so i decided to make one of my own. while i couldn't avoid the lore, i promise it's not an overbearing amount other than what's been implied. the story will follow renters of kowalski's multiplex and their daily lives as they navigate a very realistic adult-world. the good, the bad, and the ugly.

still here? amazinggggg! i hope you continue to hear me out as you reach towards the end of the code. and as always, if you have any questions, comments, or concernsโ€”do not hesitate to post below.

intro

lore

rules

SUNNYSIDE HEIGHTS

an 80's
slice of life.

genre

sandbox-y, coming of age, semi-casual lit

status

accepting!

gm

mina.

spots open

unlimited until further notice

ic

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

PREMISE
Marysville, California is the town where dreams are born to die just before they can get an opportunity to become something real. In the heart of the valley, where its population is wedged right between lower and middle class, graduates know that your only two options after high school are to get in the grind or get stuck in the struggle.

... The year is 1989 now, and with the world making pivotal changes from technology to its music, the usually gloomy town's reputation is making a stark change in its history with newly elected mayor, Myles Dixon, behind the reigns. The gleam in his eye a sure sign that he is bound to make the bold and erratic changes Marysville has needed all along.

But not all are willing to budge with the mayor's sunshine and rainbows plan for the townโ€”namely Edward Kowalski, property owner and the stereotypical oldhead who would rather stick with the old and stay out with the new. Why does his opinion matter, you may think?

It wouldn't if you didn't have any sort of relationship with him. You do, however, seeing as he holds the most affordable housing on the market that you can afford to cough up monthly rent for. The prehistoric multiplex you call home is quite the character on the block of 190 Sunnyside Driveโ€”its railings kindly dusting your grocery bags with orange rust when you use them and the resident tabby angrily demanding that you feed her on schedule.

For a fastly-approaching senior citizen, you can't complain too much about Kowalski's management capabilities despite the fact that you wish he wasn't so stuck in his times. Regardless, the multiplex is yours to call home. But how long will the peace last with a war seemingly brewing between the old gen and the new?

GM NOTE
if you've made it this far, welcome to the block of sunnyside drive! sunnyside heights is what you may have already guessed: your classic, slice-of-life group roleplay set in late 80's california. i've been patiently waiting for a casual group to arise, to no avail, so i decided to make one of my own. while i couldn't avoid the lore, i promise it's not an overbearing amount other than what's been implied. the story will follow renters of kowalski's multiplex and their daily lives as they navigate a very realistic adult-world. the good, the bad, and the ugly.

still here? amazinggggg! i hope you continue to hear me out as you reach towards the end of the code. and as always, if you have any questions, comments, or concernsโ€”do not hesitate to post below.

LORE
190 Sunnyside Drive โ€” 190 Sunnyside Dr. was once the hotspot of perpetual promise. In its prime, it was a sanctuary for families to make lasting memories, just like Edward Kowalski intended it to be after he finished transforming it from blueprint to reality. Just a few blocks away from a nearby high school, students walked past it on their way home from school with hopes of adding to its history by making their own marks. But just like they aged, the multiplex did too.

Some argue that all of its imperfections add character. Others think it's high time to throw Kowalski in a senior citizen's home and put management in capable hands. Whichever side you stand on, Kowalski' has managed to keep his baby running thus far, and he intends to keep it that way.

The Renters โ€” The multiplex may be cute with a bunch of character, but not even a few coats of paint can hide the thin walls or the lack of sizeable space it has. Each room is enough for one person and their lives only (but for the sake of realism, please break the damn rules, renters!).

There are only 6 spots to rent from, and seeing as your gm is stealing one, i'm looking for 5 other characters to fill in the rest of the multiplex. Unit #1 and #2 are on the first floor, Unit #3 and #4 are up one flight of stairs, and so on. The renters all share one main entrance and one main exit with roof access as well. But unless you appreciate dried bird feces and a grand view of pollution, there's really not much attraction about it.

The Neighbors โ€” There may only be 5 slots available on Sunnyside Drive, but that doesn't mean the rest of Marysville is taken along with it. Misc characters have much more creative freedom with their storylines compared to the main cast seeing as you get to pick and choose where you live, what your lifestyle looks like, and what you choose to do with it. The renters have the same freedoms, of course, but they're much more prone to any wrenches that I throw into their worlds.

Misc characters are just as welcomed, but when creating them, just keep in mind to craft them with the intent to be a part of the renter's world too. They could be potential love interests, family members, old friends... old enemies??? Any route you decide to take, just be aware that they should be a part of the ride too.

RULES
GENERAL GUIDELINES
โ€” for the sake of comfortability, i ask that everyone with the intent of applying is 18+. i know this may come off as a disappointing rule to some, but i'm an adult who would prefer to write with other adults. please respect this rule.
โ€” at the moment, there is a max of three applications per player but there should only be one application for the roles of the renters. the rest of marysville is for your creativity. the general maximum of apps is subject to change based on the influx (or lack of) interest in this group.
โ€” the gm has the final say, always.
โ€”
all players must have discord; everything ooc, plotting, & further updates will occur there.
โ€” realistic faceclaims only, please. despite how fun it would be to have an 80's only cast, diverse representation wasn't popular back then. to stay inclusive to all races and genders, feel free to use whoever you'd like but refrain from using overused ones. i don't want to see selena gomez, zendaya coleman, or alexa demie in this roleplay nor do i want to see justin bieber taking selfies on an iphone here. also, if your faceclaim only has mirror selfies, it's a sure sign that, that's not what i'm looking for either.
โ€” this is not first come first serve. i will be selecting applications that i see fit.

PLAYER DISCOURSE
โ€” any and all plotting should include relevant players. please be courteous of your peers and ensure they're comfortable with everything that involves their characters.
โ€” drama and romance are always supported, but in-character only! try to resolve any conflict on your own and with those involved, and only involve the gm if needed.
โ€” i reserve the right to kick anyone out should they prove to be an issue. i'm not asking everyone to hold hands and be besties, but please stay cordial.

POST REQUIREMENTS
โ€” this is a mostly casual roleplay and i want post requirements and frequency to reflect that. but to keep things afloat, try to strive for at least 1 post weekly, per character. this is where i ask that you only apply for what you know you can handle!
โ€” i can't express to you how lenient and understanding i am as a gm so long as you be communicative with me. when life gets to life-ing, just reach out about a pause, or if necessary, a drop in the group. you don't have to give me details, but radio silence is not cool. there's a high chance i won't allow you to return if you ghost me.
โ€” i don't expect best-selling-author level writing, but give us something to work with when writing your posts. the perfect post would be at least 2 paragraphs or more with as minimal spelling errors as possible.

Last edited:
HEE HEE HOO HOO HERE I AM

Interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back