STOP! It's Dice Time!

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I hope you all enjoy this as it makes it easier instead of having to use a third party service and it prevents people from cheating.

The way it works is, your post has a throw dice button, click on it and give it the number of sides and what you want to roll for. . . for example.

Edit: They can only be tossed after the post has been made.

You throw a die for an action and then you continue to toss die in the one box and when your done with hitting, you click on Throw a die again and make a new box for damage as an example.

I hope you all enjoy this and it ends up being extremely useful :) !

If any of you have any ideas or suggestions please do let me know, in the future they will be able to calculate the successes for you.

I hope it will be as convenient as it looks.

Hmmm. My first thought is, it does not show a 'throw dice' option unless you have a post to quote off of. So, to use this die roller, you have to make a post, then you can click it and roll your dice. Is there a way to fix that, so it just shows up and you can stick the dice in a spoiler tag so it doesn't futz up the rest of the post?

Ah, I'm starting to see. You can make the post, then the 'throw a dice' edits the dice onto your post. I got it.

Sherwood said:
Ah, I'm starting to see. You can make the post, then the 'throw a dice' edits the dice onto your post. I got it.
You can only roll dice after the post has been made to prevent cheating, they also can't be edited out of the post later.

Nice. I'll have to use this in my next fight. Helps to keep down the copy and paste from a dice roller and saves some time.

Ok.

What happens if I have to flurry 5 attacks?

What happens if I have to roll different dice for different reasons?

xarvh said:
Ok.
What happens if I have to flurry 5 attacks?

What happens if I have to roll different dice for different reasons?
You make different boxes of course. One box is attack one and another is attack 2 etc

What happens if we want to put it in a spoiler because it is crazy huge text all up over everywhere?

boo

Feantari said:
What happens if we want to put it in a spoiler because it is crazy huge text all up over everywhere?
boo

I don't think that will work because you can't control where they are. They will always be at the bottom of the post.

Found a flaw... you can delete posts with dice rolls, and pretend those rolls never happened

vinom said:
Found a flaw... you can delete posts with dice rolls, and pretend those rolls never happened
Incorrect. Staff and storytellers(The people who moderate the game) can see posts you delete and will just get very angry with you if you do that.

Ooo Dice Please Don't hurt me. Everytime you see them those dice are just so hype.....

Wait a second. Where is this dice button? I don't see any new button. Does it not work for Chrome or something like that?

Edit: Ah found it! I was looking the reply box for it and I see now it is next to the reply button when you are logged in.

Any chance we could get an option for successed?

Like, a field after faces we could set and if populated it would give us number of dice rolls that are equal to or greater then the success target we set instead of the total of the dice rolls?

I have not had a chance to try them yet as none of my games have required a roll today, but they seem pretty cool. It is certainly easier they rolling off site and linking. Not that it should be a huge issue but I note you can just delete a post and re-roll which if cheating is some sort of huge concern (I assume to some extent like in all games we're on the honor system) that could be a loophole.

LaFreeze said:
I have not had a chance to try them yet as none of my games have required a roll today, but they seem pretty cool. It is certainly easier they rolling off site and linking. Not that it should be a huge issue but I note you can just delete a post and re-roll which if cheating is some sort of huge concern (I assume to some extent like in all games we're on the honor system) that could be a loophole.
The Moderators of the game can see deleted posts and will just get pissed if you delete them and then it's up to them to punish or remove the player that does that. I can see all the rolls people have deleted in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back