• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Active [Stonewall Town / Kirkwall Town] (Caelia Barony) Where Nobody's Bean Before

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. It is currently not open to be joined, but do let me know if you'd be down to join future RP's of mine.

What to expect out of character:
The RP is planned to be a slice of life 1x1 with the goal of Anastasia Von Arbin obtaining a Chocolate Bean Farm. It's pacing will be between daily at its fastest (when both are able) or weekly at its slowest. It's intended to last a month at most.

Extra note: Skills like agriculture, wealth or harvesting might be needed to get it all set-up perfectly or to be able to keep up the farm later, but let's see how much she can be graded to gain with her current skill-set.

What to expect in character:
The quest will first focus on getting land/property assigned to her by convincing one of the baroness' personnel of the usefulness in the barony's capital (Stonewall). Assuming this succeeds, the second part will focus on converting said property into a Chocolate Bean Farm in one of the villages (Kirkwall).

Tag and character goal:
Ersatra Ersatra Anastasia Von Arbin – Obtain a Chocolate Bean Farm | Get permission/land/property arranged. | Convert said property into a Chocolate Bean Farm.

Caelia Barony's Keep's Study
Country of Ryken, County of Sadek, Barony of Caelia. Stonewall, Keep, Study
e14oxBa.png

After investigating around to find out where in Ryke Anastasia might best start up her plans of a Chocolate Bean Farm, her eye would've fallen upon one particular barony. It was located close to the border with the See, where the climate would be better for Cocoa beans. It was also in a good spot in case she'd wish to transport her produce into the See or East Empire, being close to both borders. Finally, due to it being on the borders, prices for land and property were relatively cheaper than they were closer to the capital.

That said, the barony did have a fair bit of troubled history one of its biggest cities, Yemaya had been destroyed by some curse. In the aftermath, the entire county broke away to form its own country, a nation separate from Ryke with the current Count made King. Yet the new king didn't last long and was replaced by the current Count Hadi Sadek after the land rejoined with Ryke. That was also when the current baroness, Regula Caelia, had gotten into power. She'd managed to become relatively well-known within her domain and rumour had it that she was a Hip Noble, who seemed willing to give newcomers a chance to prove their worth.

Rumour also had it that she had a thing for tails, which might explain the current staff member that Anastasia had been able to set up a meeting with. The administrator, known as 'Nightshade', was to decide on whether or not she'd be given the land and property she needed to start up her business. The meeting was to take place in the morning, in Stonewall, the barony's current capital town.

Nightshade
Pb4BXTo.jpg

“You may enter.” The fox woman would call out, allowing Anastasia to enter the study after having been asked to wait in one of the waiting rooms. “Please, take a seat.” She'd gesture for a seat across from her desk. “Tea?” She'd ask, as a servant stood by to poor Anastasia a cup, should she accept.

That said, it didn't seem like the fox was going to linger on pleasantries. “So, miss Von Arbin, if I am to understand this right, you wish for this specific... Bean-like fruit? I do not believe it is commonly grown in the country, so I must ask, why do you wish to grow these? I have not heard of them being all that profitable or desirable.”

Anastasia Von Arbin
1727812941511.jpeg

Anastasia gracefully entered the study, her white hair cascading down her back, a sharp contrast to the dark burgundy jacket she wore. She nodded politely at Nightshade before sitting down, accepting the offer of tea with a soft, "Thank you." As she lifted the cup, she mentally prepared for the conversation that was about to unfold.

Nightshade wasted no time in getting to the heart of the matter, her curiosity about the unfamiliar crop evident. Anastasia carefully placed the cup back on the saucer before leaning forward slightly, her gaze meeting the fox-woman’s.

"You're right, the fruit I’m referring to, the cocoa bean, is not commonly grown—or known—here in Ryke. In fact, it might sound quite strange to many," Anastasia began, her voice calm and deliberate. "But therein lies its potential. What I’m proposing is not just growing any common crop. The cocoa bean, while largely unfamiliar to this region, holds the potential to create something entirely new—a delicacy."

She paused, letting the intrigue build, before continuing. "Cocoa can be processed and transformed into a substance that is both sweet and bitter, depending on its preparation. It can be consumed as a rich, energizing beverage or even formed into solid, sweet confections. Imagine creating a new luxury, something that no one else in Ryke or its neighbouring lands has ever tasted. Nobles and merchants alike will vie for the chance to indulge in something so exotic and rare."

Anastasia leaned back slightly, letting the fox-woman absorb her words. "I believe that establishing a farm here, close to the border with The See, is ideal for cultivating the cocoa bean due to the unique climate."

She glanced out of the window for a brief moment before refocusing her attention on Nightshade. "As for why I want to go through the bother of growing such a bean? Well I believe in creating something new. This could be an entirely fresh industry, one that the barony could pioneer."

Anastasia gave a small, confident smile. "And those who are first to seize upon innovation often reap the greatest rewards."

She sat back, allowing her words to settle in, before adding "Have you any other questions for me?"

Elvario Elvario

Tag and character goal:
Ersatra Ersatra Anastasia Von Arbin – Obtain a Chocolate Bean Farm | Get permission/land/property arranged. | Make it so the property can run as a its own Chocolate Bean Business.

e14oxBa.png

Anastisia would realise the tea had a surprisingly fragrant herby scent to it and a taste to match. Whomever provided this place with tea likely knew what they were doing with their brews.

Nightshade
Pb4BXTo.jpg

The fox woman silently nodded at the admission that crops like the cocoa bean were rare. Enough so for here to have needed to read up on it, prior to this conversation. “A delicacy?” She'd ask, a tad confused. In as far as she was aware, its fruit was edible enough, but nothing too special, although the white and sticky textures of it wasn't to the enjoyment of most. She was (at the moment) not realising the seeds/beans were the more relevant and promising part of the whole fruit.

“As appealing as that sounds, I do find it tough to believe something that promising would have gone unnoticed. Did you, per chance, bring any proof of concept? Or could you explain what gave you this particular idea?” She asked, wondering if Anastasia had prepared more than her word on whether this whole delicacy making was possible. It seemed like the woman wasn't particularly convinced yet, as it sounded promising, but the realism of it was more questionable to her.

“The climate would indeed be more suitable to grower rare crop varieties.” She could confirm that, as they had seen others try and succeed before. The next bit, however, was far more appealing. “Becoming a pioneer of such an industry would, most definitely, be something desirable by milady.”

She was silent for a bit. “As it stands, however, my willingness to seize on innovative ideas and opportunities is halted by how much faith I might have in these plans.” It seemed like she did want more information regarding her earlier questions.

There was something that came to mind. “That said, we had a chef move in here, Chef Todo Sawl, whom introduced a dish called burgers through some otherworldly knowledge he claimed to posses. He's managed to make our town's main tavern, The Keg, a fairly famous place due to his 'fast foods' by now.”

She realised she'd gone a bit off topic. “What I'm trying to say, is that previously favourable outcomes in dealing with new inventions in food have me inclined to wish to believe and aid you, potentially even introduce you to this chef, yet currently, starting up an entire industry, even if small-scale, on an unknown and unproven concept would be difficult. Do you have anything to help prove that it will work?”

Anastasia Von Arbin
1727868849980.jpeg

Anastasia inhaled the fragrant scent of the tea, pleasantly surprised by its herby richness. The brew was clearly the work of a skilled hand, a testament to the refinement present in this place. She took another small sip, letting the flavor linger on her palate before setting the cup down gently.

Nightshade’s questions were expected. Anastasia knew this venture would be met with skepticism, especially since the cocoa bean's potential had remained largely untapped in this region. She listened attentively, acknowledging the administrator’s concerns with a composed expression.

“I understand your hesitation,” Anastasia began, her voice steady but resolute. “And I regret to say that I did not bring a physical sample with me today. The process of transforming the cocoa bean into the delicacy I envision requires a specific technique and equipment that is not yet available in Ryke.” She paused for a moment, allowing her words to settle.

"However," she continued, "I do not approach this venture without careful consideration. What I offer as proof is my family name—the Von Arbin family has built its reputation on ventures such as this. We have a long history of turning new ideas into thriving industries. My family’s resources, network, and influence are not small. When we pursue an opportunity, we ensure it succeeds, because failure is not a luxury we can afford."

Anastasia leaned forward slightly, meeting Nightshade’s gaze directly, her tone soft but firm. "The fact that this cocoa bean has not yet been fully explored is precisely why I see it as such a tremendous opportunity. Imagine the impact of introducing something no one else has. It is not unheard of for such things to go unnoticed until someone with the vision—and the means—seizes the potential."

She sat back in her chair, her hands resting gracefully in her lap. "You mentioned Chef Todo Sawl and his success with fast foods. Innovation often begins with skepticism, but history has shown that the bold who pursue new ideas can redefine entire markets. I ask that you consider this: the Von Arbin name carries with it the weight of years of successful ventures. We, no I am not in the habit of investing in failures."
Elvario Elvario

Utilizing Asset : Nobility C​

Tag and character goal:
Ersatra Ersatra Anastasia Von Arbin – Obtain a Chocolate Bean Farm | Get permission/land/property arranged. | Make it so the property can run as a its own Chocolate Bean Business.

e14oxBa.png

Nightshade
Pb4BXTo.jpg

She clicked her tongue. “A shame indeed.” After all, a physical sample would've been, by far, the easiest method to prove this concept. Not only that, the next bits made her curious. “If I might ask, how did you obtain the knowledge of this, yet not manage to procure a sample?” You'd think that, normally, someone investigating this would've just kept trying to make it until they had a batch that tasted well. “Are you copying a process known elsewhere?” She wondered if this supposed technique was Widersian perhaps, or maybe even from the Grand Duchy? Yet that would mean they'd be competing over a luxury product with some small yet powerful nations.

Her ears perked up at the mention of heritage. However, when Anastiasia leaned forward, she'd get the full attention. Nightshade's expression remained rather stoic and difficult to read. Another part of her, however, revealed her thoughts on the matter far better. Her tail had slowly started to wag behind her, an indication she was buying into the idea. “You do know how to make an argument.” She had to admit, though her tone was certainly more refrained than the movements of her tail, when it came to showing enthusiasm.

“You almost have me convinced, but there is just one thing that I cannot understand. How did you become so confident in the future success of this process?” That's the one bit that felt missing. “Even if I were to trust your family name, why is it that you and your family are so certain of the success of this endeavour?”

Anastasia Von Arbin
1728053499451.jpeg

Anastasia noticed Nightshade’s growing curiosity but maintained her poise. She knew when to reveal just enough to build interest while keeping key details guarded. Leaning forward slightly, she met the fox woman's eyes with unwavering confidence.

“I understand your skepticism, Lady Nightshade,”
she began, her voice calm but firm. “The source of my knowledge is indeed... unusual. However, it is also highly valuable, and as such, it must remain a closely guarded trade secret. What I can tell you is that this process has been perfected elsewhere—beyond the borders of Ryke—and has proven to be extraordinarily successful. The techniques and methods for turning the cocoa bean into a luxury product are proprietary, known to only a few.”

Anastasia allowed the weight of her words to hang in the air for a moment, before continuing. “My family and I have access to this knowledge, and we intend to be the first to introduce it here. The details of how this product is made, the unique process behind its transformation from an unremarkable fruit into something desirable and luxurious—that is information I cannot divulge lightly. It’s the cornerstone of this entire venture.”

Her expression softened slightly, though her tone remained resolute. “Trade secrets, as you know, are the lifeblood of any successful business. To reveal too much would be to invite competition before we’ve even established ourselves. What I can assure you, however, is that we have studied this thoroughly. We know what works, we know the market, and we are confident that, once this delicacy is introduced, it will create a demand that no one else in Ryke can meet—except those who support its initial success.”

Anastasia paused for effect, then leaned back slightly in her chair. “In business, the first to market with a unique product holds all the cards. And I believe that, with the right partnership, we can make this barony the home of something entirely new, something exclusive. The potential rewards for both of us are immense.”

She gave Nightshade a measured look. “I trust you understand the value of discretion in such matters. What I offer is an opportunity to be part of something groundbreaking. And sometimes, that means having a little faith in what’s not yet seen.”

Elvario Elvario

Tag and character goal:

e14oxBa.png

Nightshade
Pb4BXTo.jpg

There was definitely something intriguing about seeing and hearing the amount of confidence with which Anastasia conducted herself. Nightshade wasn't blind to that. At the same time, she took her duties to the baroness rather serious and didn't wish to rely too much on he own gut feeling. Then again, the mysterious nature of this knowledge... did this woman have otherworldly knowledge, like chef Todo had once admitted to be using? If so, it would explain a lot. Anastasia did seemed to hint at such things, though she never said it outright. Likely a conscious choice.

“Your story holds a lot of promise and potential, yet, at the end of the day, that is all you're selling. A story and a promise. No proof of concept, no detailed plans...” She started with the bad part first. “Even so, I believe it is a story worth buying into. I believe a suitable arrangement can be made.” She'd reached her conclusion.

“As for the location... There's a village in the barony called Kirkwall. It is located further to the south-east of here. Land area and climate wise, it might be the most ideal location.”

She'd show Anastasia a map.
b1nIcDb.png

“If you were to wish to set up trade with the East Empire, there's a border crossing at Border's Hill. Currently, no mayor roads exist directly into Highgrove Barony from there, but we do plan one day making a road to the village of Headdre, from where it's easy to cross into the See through Arborhaven. Right now, you'd wish to cross through Stonewall and head to Redcliffe from here, from where you'd be able to head for Arborhaven. Passing through Stonewall, you can also easily reach more northern locations by heading through Yemaya, after which you can head onto the roads to the county's capital Osun or towards the country's capital Ryke.”

She'd also show a bigger map, with the whole county and the surrounding nations, to make it easier to make sense of what she was explaining.
FFQBjes.png

“It's a bit far, as you can see, yet still well connected and hopefully it will soon be even better connected.” She'd look at Anastasia. “If such a deal is suitable for you, I can arrange for a meeting with mayor Kirk to arrange further plans on location.”

There was one more thing that came to mind. “Considering your status, I would be able to arrange for a personal guard for you, when you travel there, if you do so desire.”

Anastasia Von Arbin
1728056600800.jpeg

Anastasia leaned forward to study the map closely as Nightshade explained the layout of the barony and the various trade routes. Her eyes traced the paths from Kirkwall through Stonewall, then further north toward Yemaya, and finally to the capital of Ryke itself. The idea of establishing a cocoa bean farm in Kirkwall seemed promising. The climate was ideal, and the land was affordable—exactly the kind of conditions she'd been hoping to find. Yet as her eyes swept over the map again, they lingered on the more empty stretches of land between Kirkwall and Ryken, the nation's capital.

A flicker of thought crossed her mind. The current transport routes seemed adequate but limited. There was room for improvement, especially if this business grew the way she envisioned. Perhaps, in time, she could influence or create more direct routes—something faster and more efficient than the current roads. The distance between Kirkwall and Ryke, though significant, might not be as much of a barrier with the right infrastructure in place. Her plans for transport might one day go beyond what was drawn on this map, but for now, she kept those ideas to herself, simply allowing them to simmer beneath the surface.

Looking up from the map, she nodded thoughtfully. "Kirkwall seems like a fitting location," she said, her tone decisive. "The climate and land match what I'm looking for, and its proximity to both the East Empire and the See opens up excellent trade opportunities. The village’s remoteness might be an advantage, allowing us to start small and grow steadily without too much competition at the outset."

Anastasia shifted her gaze back to Nightshade. "If you could arrange for an introduction to a local cocoa bean farmer once I arrive, that would be most helpful. I'd like to gain an understanding of the local cultivation methods and see firsthand how the land performs. While I do have some specific techniques in mind, learning from those who are familiar with the area will ensure my plans are well adapted to the region."

She paused, glancing at the map again, as if taking in the possibilities it presented. "And yes, I will accept the personal guard. Safety on the road is always a priority, especially with a venture as delicate as this one. I'd prefer to keep any potential risks at bay."

Her eyes returned to Nightshade's, calm and unwavering. "I appreciate your faith in this endeavor, Lady Nightshade. I believe this partnership will yield significant rewards for both of us, and for the barony as a whole." She smiled, a hint of excitement behind her measured demeanor.

She extended a hand to seal the agreement.

(Narrative Booster F - Entrepreneur)
Elvario Elvario

Users who are viewing this thread

Back