• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Steampunk 1x1

Specious

Can I have a second?
I have wanted a Steampunk story for a long time now so here goes...

Basically, I went pretty much any possibilities open between the two characters with a free creative range other than a few details.

After fixing a jukebox for Kenneth, the pub owner, Hazel is offered a job as well as a room in the back of the bar which she accepts. Eventually, there sparks a questionable hint of romance between the two. (Whether anything actually buds out of it is optional).

The pub itself is grungy and on the verge of going out of business. It has a stage for playing live music across from the long bar that is used on occasion for cover bands desperate to be heard. A long narrow hallway on one side of the stage leads down to several storage rooms. A few of them with cots. Lights, plumbing, even the structure of the building needs work.

As this is Steampunk I see the Victorianesque era a good chance to take advantage of sexism. Dresses are worn by woman, pants by men. And this is why Hazel I usually so out of place.

Women are oppressed and seen as dainty creatures that could find out in the sun. This is important for the character dynamic.

I would play:

Name: Hazel Thorne

Appearance: Waist length hair so light blonde it almost looks silver with eyebrows to match, sitting above a pair of light honey brown eyes. A beauty mark rests high on her left cheekbone. She I tall, 6'2" to be exact, and slender. The body of a dancer some might say.

Personality Sweet but spunky. She I never overly harsh, but can be quick witted. She's quick to stand up for herself and others.

Background: Hazel was the daughter of one of the best mechanics around. Her father owned his own shop, where he taught her everything she knows. She was 18 when tragedy struck, a fire burning down the building with her father trapped inside. Old enough to be out on her own, but too young to know what to do, Hazel stumbled about aimlessly from shop to shop seeking work. Not one owner willing to take the chance of hiring a woman.

You would play:

Name: Kenneth Baits

Appearance: Reddish brown locks tossed about. Thick brows and dark lashes complimenting light green eyes. Freckles sprinkled over his face, arms, and chest. Comfortably muscular as to where it's obvious physical labor is daily. 6'3" in height.

Personality: Gruff and judgmental. Often gives out unflattering nicknames. A kind of awkward quirkiness. He mutters to himself and can often be defensive or get angry quickly.

Background: After breaking away from overbearing parents, Kenneth sought a life of a metalhead. He had grown up posh but dreams of being a hardcore rocker where all he could see. After a night out on the town with his best mates Kenneth had an idea for an investment! One of the local pubs was for sale because of the owners recent passing. So with a little truth bending and mommy and daddy's money, Kenneth bought The Brass Knuckle. He thought the bar could make him rich. And for the first few years, it did well. But with downtown decaying faster than he could blink, The Brass Knuckle went with it. For over a year he tried to keep it alive. Putting out flyers and seeking popular bands... but the place stayed dead. Eventually his parents found out about the pub. Furious, they demanded their money back, next to disowning Kenneth until he repaid them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back