• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Space's Search Thread (Ignore Post Count)

FloatingAroundSpace

Three Thousand Club

Hello there! You may call me Space. I've been on RPNation for a while now and I've been meaning to create a permanent search thread for some time. I figured now was as good as any.

Rules and Requirements

• Be tolerant of characters across the LGBT+ spectrum. The majority of mine fall somewhere on it.
  • Be willing to plot and plan. I enjoy plotting and knowing where the story is going, if only in a general direction. Going with the flow has never quite worked for me because it usually means that one of us will be driving the story and the other won't have any idea how to go about it.
  • Following up on the last one, please have ideas as well. Even if they come to you while we're planning, I'd like to hear them. Having someone else just be a "yes" man feels like they don't care.
  • No god-modding/Mary Sues. Overpowered characters are not something I find enjoyable to RP with. This extends to characters that have a BBC Sherlock-esque feel to them; able to tell everything about a character at a glance or having a lot of knowledge on everything. You can have a smart character, but just keep it reasonable.
  • Please have proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. You don't have to have perfect grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. and I get that people make mistakes but please at least try.
  • My time zone is EST. I am usually on from the afternoon to around 11:00 during the weekdays and from around mid-morning to late on the weekends. If we have similar schedules, that would be great.
  • Please be able to respond once every few days.
  • Please be willing to poke me and make sure I remember to respond if I don't for a few days. If I haven't responded in about a week or even four days, I've probably forgotten or it's slipped my mind. A poke will help me get back on track.
  • If you have an emergency, please tell me. I understand that IRL comes before anything online.
  • If you want to drop, please tell me. If you have not responded to the RP in two weeks, I will assume you have dropped. If I plan on dropping, I will usually tell you. Feel free to poke me and ask if I forget to.
  • Length doesn't matter to me in general. If it is a high-action scene or a dialog, I don't expect paragraphs in response. However, multiple one-liners that don't give me anything to respond to are a no-no. So long as it moves the plot along, I am fine though I do appreciate mirroring.
  • Be polite.
  • I prefer threads over PMs.

Plot Ideas

Character I wish to play are bolded. If there is no bolded character, than either will do.

• Arranged Marriage- Character A is the heir to a large company yet spends most of their days lounging around, partying at night and nursing hangovers the next day. They sleep around and general make a fool of themselves and their parents' company. One day, their mother/father has had enough. They will no longer be permitted the lavish, free lifestyle they have gotten used to. They need to step up and shape up and prove to the world that they are prepared to take the reigns on the company. As a result, Character A's parents decide that a marriage to one of their own friends' children will do just the trick to tie them down.

Character B has worked hard their entire life. They have overcome obstacles (perhaps their own parents) to pursue what they are passionate about. While their parents sit pretty on top of their own company, Character B has made their own empire and their own name out in the world. They have no intentions of letting anyone slow them down.

Until Character B's parents agree to allow them to marry Character A, the one person who Character B has never cast more than a second glance at.

Now tossed into a relationship neither one of them really wanted, they both have to make the best of the worst.

Mobbing the High School- At a prestigious high school for the incredibly smart (or the incredibly wealthy), there have always been rumors that a mob boss sends their kids there. Most of the time, the rumors never come to fruition and are whispered on from one grade to the next.

This year, however, is different.

One poorly timed comment and one explosive temper has resulted in a shocking twist of events that has left at least one body behind. The signature killing style has alerted the police and the rumor mill to go into overdrive and try and discover who is at the bottom of this.

We can play as either two students in the school that are not part of the mob, students in the school that are part of the mob, or investigators. This RP will require us to plan out the intricacies of the organization and what exactly happened that resulted in the death and why.

Oh, What a Night- Character A has always struggled. The cards have always been stacked against them; being tossed into foster care because their parents couldn't afford to look after them, trudging through a new school what seemed like every week, working their ass off to get even a single ounce of recognition... Finally, after years and years of toiling, they have managed to find themselves in their prime, in the job they have always wanted and the city that they love.

Nothing could
    possibly go wrong.

Except they know better. They know that something, no matter what, will always go wrong. They have learned that lesson from the first years in elementary school to the downright humiliating
    Incident in high school, an Incident marred by heartbreak that has tarnished their hopes and dreams for far too long.

When they finally think they have left it all behind, Character B, the one that had played a central role in the Incident reappears in their life, bringing with them years worth of baggage and a lifetime's worth of questions and pain.

For this RP, I have a rough idea of what the "Incident" was and the dynamic between Character A and B. My general idea was to have Character A be the stereotypical unliked highschooler and Character B be incredibly popular. Character B is a sweetheart to the core and decides to befriend Character A, eventually falling in love with them and asking them out. Their relationship is eventually publicly sabotaged in a humiliating night for Character A and for Character B to rejoin the popular crowd after being misguided by a few other students and misinterpreted several of Character A's actions. I am open to other ideas however and other dynamics between the two.

Crossing Boundaries- Character A and B meet spontaneously one night. They begin as friends but eventually contemplate the possibly of getting together as a couple and finally take the leap. They find that life together is fine, except for one thing.

Character A and B are not the same race.

And not everyone is accepting of that, particularly Character A's family.

Faced with overwhelming opposition from some of the most important people in their life, Character A and B must figure out a way to navigate the difficulties and hurdles that come with their new relationship and the disapproval that comes with it.

Run Boy Run- Character A has a normal life. Character B doesn't. An agent for a government organization, Character B is sent out to protect those that are in danger and extremely valuable to the government. When Character A catches a glimpse of Character C, a high-profile criminal, and recognizes their identity, they become the target of Character B and C. Character B is racing against the clock to find Character A and keep them safe while simultaneously using them as bait for Character C in a cat and mouse game to the death.

Character C will be shared between us.

Genres I like

• Fantasy
  • Modern
  • Sci-fi
  • Probably more, I just can't think of any.

Feel free to suggest plot ideas of any kind!

If you are interested in any of the plots above, ping me here and I'll do my best to respond ASAP!

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like the forbidden soulmates plot, and i'd love to role play it with you:D

But, i would prefer to play the female role in a MXF?...Is that okay?

Last edited by a moderator:
Those ideas are all amazing; in particular Arranged Marriage and Oh, What a Night. I was wondering if I could rp as well.

I would be absolutely thrilled to roleplay Crossing Boundaries and Mutants with you! I can rp either gender. ~

I would love to do any of these, especially the Arranged Marriage or Run Boy Run, but if you have one you're dying to RP I would be willing to do something else. I would prefer to RP a girl, but I can be flexible.

@universal silence

I would love to do Run Boy Run with you or Arranged Marriage, whichever one you like better! Can you PM yet? If you can't, I'll send you one with the info I have for Arranged Marriage, as that one is more established to me than Run Boy Run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back