• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Soon to be October horror search! [F4AplayingF]

BurialGirl

"Soon-to-be" might be a bit of an exaggeration since it's just the start of September, but I'm a roleplayer who is excited for the Halloween season and am looking to write some horror! I'm 21+, F and have been roleplaying for a shocking 12+ years now.

I'm trying my best to make more concise advertisements these days and have a few prompts that can be summed up without too much text, so in the next paragraph I'll include some info about my roleplaying preferences and what interests me in a story. If you think we'll be a good match, below that will be my prompts, which I should mention are fairly underdeveloped and will require some chatting to chisel a story out of.

First and foremost, I'm mostly interested in writing female main characters for this, so if you don't like writing female, we might not be a very good match. Outside of MCs I take on multiple roles of any gender, whether big, small, or one-time side characters. I can't imagine any of my ideas except maybe a few exceptions working without us taking on at least some side characters or antagonists, so keep that in mind as well. Writing preferences are pretty basic. I prefer multi-paragraphs and that is a very broad descriptor that can mean anywhere from two to three paragraphs to much more depending on what's going on. I write both third and first person with a slight preference for third.

As you are about to find out in my prompts, although I am a fan of horror, most (although not all) of my ideas are going to delve into at least a bit of romance, comedy, or even slice of life elements as well. A general rule for me is that although I like horror, if there isn't any room for at least some relationship to be developed between our MCs, or character development at all for that matter, I'm a little less interested in it. The same goes for horror that is all dark content with no humanity behind it - the characters are very important to me. This is not to say any of these plots will be reduced to a full-on romance story with little to no horror elements, but I am partial to ones where the characters bond and develop a romance (or friendship!) even if they happen to develop said feelings for each other in otherwise frightening circumstances.

If you're still following me, below are some of my prompts!

1. A completely inexperienced duo who are dedicated to throwing themselves into various different horrific paranormal situations, encountering various types of different entities, urban legends, and monstrosities, both of them in completely over their heads. I would like this to explore the origins of them getting involved with the paranormal with the most appealing idea to me being it happening by complete accident and they are forced to work together, but I also wouldn't mind exploring two characters drawn together by their interest in the paranormal or a mismatch duo of a rational skeptic and a total believer.

2. A couple of night shift employees working miserable dead-end jobs at a 24/7 location suddenly having to defend the place from some unspeakable horror. I love the idea of two characters working a job they hate suddenly forced to be heroes, fighting for their survival, or who knows, they could be completely deadpan and not getting paid enough for whatever it is. Some ideas I had for the setting was a creepy amusement park with a cutesy/lighthearted exterior, but it could also be any number of mundane 24/7 locations like a grocery store or gas station. Like the first idea, I'm not against adding some variety to it either. If you want it to be a weird amusement park or store where new spooky things happen every week whether it be a slasher villain or monster, I'm totally game for that!

3. A human character wanting a supernatural entity of some kind to gtfo of their apartment. Or it would start that way at least, but I'm leaning heavily towards it becoming a weird romance plot. Ever wanted to do a human x ghost, vampire, or some kind of demon? This might be the one for you. I'm game for it being cute, but I'm also up for it having some heavier/darker implications such as a depressed human shut-in bonding with a spirit or maybe even a human that helps a vampire feed. Very vague, but lots of options available!

4. A slasher, zombie-focused, or other survival horror scenario with two characters who are really determined to survive. I love badass final girls in horror movies and that would kind of be the spirit of this entire plot. Characters who maybe should have been easy prey revealing that they are cunning, resourceful, and most of all just hard to kill and of course being a very good team.

That's all for now! If you are looking to write with me, hit me up in PMs and tell me a little bit about what interests you and be prepared for a bit of chat before jumping into anything. Hope this attracts some horror fans or just any interested writers <3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back