Other Software suggestions for self-hosted group RP?

davy

I just got a custom theme for my RP group's forum to a stage where it was non-bad enough that I could release it, and added it to the site.

In the process, I noticed that forum software includes a lot of extraneous information that distracts from the story (post counts, achievements, etc - I hid these things with css), Invision forums specifically are kind of badly built (and the main admin tells me the software was chosen because it's the least bad of what's out there), and the deployment process for custom themes is *really* badly built.

I was curious if you've ever RP'd on a platform other than Discord or forums, or even if there are softwares you've thought about but not yet tried? I imagine multi-user blogging software could work pretty well, for example. (Wordpress is the OG, Drupal has some nice configuration options and might be less spaghetti coded than Wordpress?) I've heard of people using wikis for RP-like projects, but typically centered around worldbuilding rather than taking turns writing viewpoint characters in a story.

I'm very tempted to just build something, but I have other unfinished projects that I haven't worked on in a year, so I really shouldn't start another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back