So, you wana unmake the world...

Runelord

Let say you're a bunch of Fair Folks, who just conquered a big chunk of Creation. You have legions of common Fairies under you, and you're in total control of the said teritory. How do you actually go about making that land a part of the Wyld? If You just cape every demense in the land, you'll have a lot of Freeholds but there will be a lot of Creation betwen them. So, how do you steal an actual region from Creation instead of just making holes in it?

I think this is a problem the fairfolk have yet failed to properly address in canon. It's just not a very quick process to destory creation. That's why there's chunks of wyld in creation, but nothing connecting them to the more remote wyld. Frankly, I think for the most part the fair folk don't know or have any plan to do such a thing.

I'm sorry, that didn't really answer your question.

Random fact (which may just be my faulty memory): during the First Age, the Deliberative extended the borders of Creation using various reality engines and sorcery and whatnot. After the Usurpation and Balorian Crusade and such, all of those areas extended by the solars were reclaimed by the Wyld, but the "original" (post-Primordial war) areas were not.

If a freehold borders Creation and manages to control an adjacent area of Creation for a full season, the master of the Freehold's Stronghold can vex the area of Creation into a waypoint within the freehold. This makes the chunk of Creation into a Wyld zone, usually a Bordermarch. It's in the Fair Folk book somewhere, but I remember it not being quite where you'd expect it.

I think this is a problem the fairfolk have yet failed to properly address...
I belive it is quite adequate answer, and in charcter with the Fair Folk.

Kyeudo said:
If a freehold borders Creation and manages to control an adjacent area of Creation for a full season, the master of the Freehold's Stronghold can vex the area of Creation into a waypoint within the freehold. This makes the chunk of Creation into a Wyld zone, usually a Bordermarch. It's in the Fair Folk book somewhere, but I remember it not being quite where you'd expect it.
That's a good idea, though I too can't find it in canon. There is explanation on taking new lands into freeholds that exist in Creation, but I failed to find this one. And how could Balorian Crusade take all those lands so quickly if this was the only way.

In the end it may be just like my present Storyteller said: "Just give them charms to do it".

When Unshaped charge into Creation they are referred to as "wyld storms" and it can raise the level to tainted land. The logical progression is that a bunch of unshaped charging in layers the effect.

Runelord said:
That's a good idea, though I too can't find it in canon. There is explanation on taking new lands into freeholds that exist in Creation, but I failed to find this one. And how could Balorian Crusade take all those lands so quickly if this was the only way.
In the end it may be just like my present Storyteller said: "Just give them charms to do it".
Look in the description of the Stronghold. It's in there with how a Stronghold can be used to expand a freehold.

Kyeudo said:
This can be found on page 142 of the Fair Folk book.
It also seems that the Fair Folk would need to destroy the Jade Obelisk (Compass of Celestial Direction page 27) protecting the area. "Lands within seven miles of an obelisk cannot permanently become part of the Wyld". So, that seems like step number whatever, after creating the Freehold and Stronghold, but before occupying for a full season.

Using unshaped raksha would be as dangerous to the Fair Folk as to the residents of Creation.

By extension then couldn't the Fair Folk just destroy the 5 elemental poles which hold the world together?

LaFreeze said:
By extension then couldn't the Fair Folk just destroy the 5 elemental poles which hold the world together?
If they could do such a thing. However, the Elemental Pole are inimicable to pretty much everything that is not an elemental or supernaturally immune to various shaping and enviromental effects, making just setting foot inside hard for the Fair Folk. Further, you'd have to kill one of the Five Elemental Dragons before you could even start any sort of unmaking of the Poles. Finally, the Elemental Pole of Earth's influence could be used to just petrify any Fair Folk in range, so good luck taking that one down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back