• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern slow burn in the wild west || ocs, rdr inspired

ghostling

doing ok, cowboy?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
howdy lads 🤠 Had a break from here for a while because overwhelmed with life stuff but I am back with a new hyperfixation :--))

I am looking for a slow burn, F/F or M/M romance set in the ~Wild West~ - taking inspiration from Red Dead Redemption 2*, The Sisters Brothers, Westworld, Orville Peck... etc. I'm on a cowboy kick at the moment! (*I haven't finished RDR2's story yet, so please no spoilers :--)) ) I have a preference for F/F, but I'm perfectly happy to do M/M as well.

I want character development as much as I want adventure; I want to take a couple of characters, throw them into some Situations(tm) and watch what happens. Trope-wise, I love angst, whump (do people still say whump?), hurt/comfort, slow burn (obviously), enemies to lovers, reluctant romance, to name a few off the top of my head. My characters tend to be deeply flawed, grumpy bastards who take their time to warm up, so if you prefer a mush love at first sight type of tale (don't we all sometimes?) I am probably not the partner for you.

I like grittiness, and I try to stay on the realistic-ish side of things, but I'm not an American history expert - I will do my best to stay believable, but this isn't going to be a hyperrealistic depiction of the West, or anything. I tend to look stuff up as I go, but I will be drawing a lot from RDR & The Sisters Brothers, so please bear that in mind if historical accuracy is a big deal for you! Also, I will probably get way too invested in looking stuff up about my character's fictional horse, lol. Apologies in advance.

Style-wise, I guess "literate" in that I write like... full, punctuated sentences, lol. Average post length is probably something like 600 words, but it's not a big deal to me as long as I have enough to respond to and it feels appropriate to the scene. I can't do funky formatting, I find it time consuming to do and distracting to look at - sorry. My AO3 is here if you want an idea of how I write.

My timezone is GMT+1 (BST). Reply frequency varies a lot depending on my energy, so please be patient and I can be patient in return. I enjoy frequent posts, of course, but it’s not at all a requirement, and if you need a break or even end up ghosting, I get it. If there’s anything I could do to make the RP better for you, please let me know - but if you’re just not into it anymore, it’s chill.

I am only looking for partners over the age of 18, preferably over 20. I am in my 20s, and I want to be able to delve into ~mature themes~ without any age-based discomfort. That said, I'm not looking for anything nsfw, as per site rules. Also, please be friendly! I'm friendly! I like to chat OOC about our RP, our plans for the plot, I love character chat. We don't need to be besties or anything, but I'd like to be able to comfortably chat and feel like my partner is enjoying things as much as I am.

Okay, if you're still with me - a couple of bare bones plot ideas! These by no means have to be used, if you have ideas of your own I would love to hear them!!

1 - Oops the Bounty Hunter caught feelings for the Bounty.
Pretty self-explanatory; a bounty hunter finally tracks down an outlaw with a pretty price on their head. Things don't go as planned. Could be a Sisters Brothers sort of deal where the bounty hunter has been wanting a way out and finds it in this outlaw, could be that the journey back to the jail is longer/tougher than anticipated, and they're forced to spend time together, risk their lives for each other, etc.. until they realise there are ~feelings~. Very open one. I'd be happy to play either character.​
2 - I've just arrived in the West and wow it's rough here can you please help me not die till I get where I'm going? I'll pay you.

Again, pretty self explanatory (lol), inspired by the film Slow West. Character A arrives in the West fresh from their home country, and quickly discovers that surviving will be harder than they thought. Luckily? for them, they happen across B, a hardened traveller who clearly knows how to take care of themselves and cuts an imposing figure, as well. A employs B as a guide/guard to get them through this hard country. Of course, this goes neither so smoothly nor so simply as either of them hopes. In this scenario, I would rather play character B.​
Send me a PM if anything catches your eye! Thanks for reading :--)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back