Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSOLUTELY NOT THIS IS TRASH

• Why am i here

• Total voters
Chapter one.
Flick.

The sound of the lighter against her thumb broke the silence. She watched the flame, it’s reds and yellows dancing to the rhythm of the wind, as she stood atop a bridge over Esther's waterway, with the city’s lights bouncing across the open waves.

A sensation overtook her, a trigger due to the embers in front of her. Her eyes were glossed with thought flashing in front of them, lips partially open. It was this thing--or rather feeling she got--every single time that flame sparked again; every single moment of the butane within the zippo came to life--

Something too sparked to life.

The first flash was of fire--as ironic as that was--but she was much younger, as two strong hands gripped hers firmly with security and carried her away from the scene. Her face was covered in ash and sweat, her eyes burning from the amounts of smoke. There were screams and cries as people rushed from one area to another. The land was covered in metal parts from houses and cars strewn around. Sirens mourn loudly in the distance, and aircrafts flew overheard at breakneck speeds; sonic booms shattering winds.

It faded not long after.

She tried flicking the lighter again, but this time it was merely the flame itself she saw. No visions--just the present. She huffed, pulling out a small cardboard box reading “Carl’s Cigarettes--Only the best!” And lit one for her comfort. The smoke more was something that idled her anxiety, which was something she despised amongst anything else. Atmosphere never really smoked unless it was quite necessary--she in fact hated the taste, and could always quit, but it did soothe her with was the only plus about it.

She looked out over the bridge towards the horizon over the waters, the only natural thing in this country that is genetically modified. Twenty years it didn’t have to be like this--or it actually wasn’t. The world was at an eerie peace, and from what Atmosphere could gather from several different news articles, the world went to purging various and unwanted lands, and therefore leaving only the best countries to rise in the technological advancement. They said that they wanted to preserve the purity in the world.

Nothing she could do about that though. Memories of this world was not something that she was fond of. Call her heartless, but she rather keep to herself than worry about attaching to others like normal.

She doesn’t want to be hurt or hurt anyone else again.

Atmosphere continued to look at her surroundings--or rather the city--that was built atop the steep facade of a mighty fjord and was truly a technological wonder. Its allure was matched by the facade of grand forests which have helped “shape” the city to what it was today--a power hungry, rotten place hidden in the eyes of an utopia.

The skyline was scattered with peculiar skyscrapers and they seemed to be reaching higher and higher each year. Recreation was impeccable in Esther and it had attracted a lot of attention. What historically was a city of little contrast had grown into a fusion of everything and it's this that unites the 14 million people to this day. The skyline was growing with stylish skyscrapers and they looked astonishingly beautiful all together. Parks and gardens were flourishing with genetic modification and it was attracted a lot of attention, considering they were the only “living” decor.

Countless cultures have left their mark not just on education, but also upon the city's identity. What historically was a city of monotony had grown into a new culture of “variety.” Flying cars were now rapidly being used, with laws instilling that they only drive on ground at night since during the day transit/cyclists can move freely within the streets. Subways were now Skyways, as they managed to elevate them with maglift across the central nations.

It will always be fake, for technology is a variation of a lie.

To Atmosphere, the world was an exterior to the lies within it, and she merely was a tiny speck caught in its web. There were no real power levels; the “rich” secretly wished to be poor again, as did the “poor” wanted to be rich. It was a continuous and undeviating cycle.

Her thoughts treaded on for what seemed like hours, as the ash of her cigarette blew away with the soft winds. From the SprkGlss’s she wore--the newest edition in holographic multipurpose software glasses--she received an incoming call from a title; it read “GAME MASTER” in red and all bolded, as it floated around visibly to her eyes through the yellow tinted specs. With an actual swipe of her finger, the augmentation grew larger as an image of a broad-bellied laggard appeared in front of her with a sense of greed swarming her. “Phiphi!” GM exclaimed.

“If we are going to communicate I suggest you stop referring me such moronic names.” Atmosphere folded her arms in disgust, sass taking over her motions while she laced her words. “Well then..” She huffed out a breath of smog from her lungs. “I am assuming you are calling because it’s comp time?”

GM chuckled. “Aww PhiPhi! But it suits your cute face!” He received a pair of rolled eyes, with lips helping to form a frown. “I stopped by your penthouse but it was empty again!” The hologram started to lean against the figure’s walking stick as if to question the whereabouts of the young lady in front of it, but she shrugged back in response and left it as that. “You are very secretive and mysterious, I hope you know that.”

“Says the one working for the government.” She spat back, and he damn well that she was right. GM smiled and mocked her shrugging.

“Touche! I will give you that haha! Anyways, the Skywalkers competition starts in an hour, but I have a small fan signing for you to do. So get here fast!” The hologram then pointed to another window on her screen showing the route fastest to the arena she was required to go to.....

{T O B E C O N T I N U E D}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back