• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Seeking active, well-written RP. [Always open]

Nepenthe

Am I dreaming?
Hello and welcome to my little partner search! Let's skip the pleasantries and dive right in!

Fandoms (I am not really part of any fandoms, but there are a few things I like):
- Black Butler
- Skyrim
- Wolf's Rain
- Howl's Moving Castle
- Seraph of the End
- Fable III

I am interested in (* = love):
- Victorian/Edwardian*
- Fantasy/High-Fantasy**
- Sci-fi fantasy*
- Xianxia*
- MxM**
- Adventure/Action**
- Dystopias
- Supernatural*
- FxM

I am not interested in:
- Modern/Realistic
- Slice of life
- High school

Plots/Ideas:
The blood race (i.e. vampires) rule over a world consisting of humans, golems, demons, and spirits. This race has multiple different origin stories, but the most widely accepted one is that a drop of blood from an ancient demon fell from the sky and transformed into the Blood Fiend, the progenitor of the blood race. This Blood Fiend mated with a human and thereby created the blood race. They ruled over their offspring for a long time, leading them to conquer the world and become its leader. Eventually, however, the Fiend mysteriously disappeared--but not without leaving behind clues to their descendants.

The blood race is ruled by the reincarnation of the Blood Fiend, which is always a human. Whenever the current one dies, the blood race collects any humans born within a certain time and throws them into the Mist Dome, an artifact left behind by the original Blood Fiend. Most of the humans die, but eventually one makes it out with the blessing of the original. This human partakes in a sacred ceremony and becomes the next Blood Fiend.

I came up with this idea recently so it's largely undeveloped, but I thought it could be interesting to write about! Your character would be the human who becomes the next ruler and mine would be a member of the blood race with the purpose of helping your character. It can be put into almost any genre, though I think high fantasy or sci-fi fantasy might be the best fit.

A long time ago, there was a feud between the gods of the three realms. With just one sigh, one of the gods accidentally blew away a tiny portion of heaven away, causing the land to fall along with any heavenly beasts that were standing upon it. As such, a small clan of wolf-like beasts ended up on Earth. These beasts were feared by the humans, who sensed that they were beings that didn't belong, and were attacked on sight. This aggression, combined with the abrupt shift in the realms, caused one of the heavenly beasts to go mad and begin a rampage all over earth.

One of the gods, noticing the lack of balance caused by this calamity, ordered their eternal prophet--the "arms and legs" of the gods--to eliminate all of the beasts. However, that very same prophet ended up falling in love with one of them and didn't want the beasts to die. After having ended the rampaging beast's life, the prophet bargained with the god, exchanging their immortality for the beasts' lives and receiving deep, swirling scars all over their body as the mark of their agreement. "This," the god said, "will remind you that the bloodshed will continue, and that all of those sins are your's to carry."

The prophet and their beast lived for the rest of their days in loving peace, dying with smiles upon their faces.

However, every time the mortal prophet died they are reborn again, with those same swirling scars to remind them of their eternal burden.

~~~

The heavenly beasts came to be known as "werewolves" due to the fact that they have both a wolf-like and human-like form. They can shift between these two at will from an early age. Due to their heavenly origin, they can only be killed by a silver-like metal that fell alongside that portion of heaven.

Our characters would be one of the heavenly beasts and the prophet. Again, this idea is also rather flexible and isn't set-in-stone! I think it would best fit into high fantasy, particularly one with Eastern themes.

**More TBA as I remember/come up with them

What I look for in a partner:
1. Literacy

Please be well-written (correct grammar, spelling, punctuation.) However, style and occasional mistakes are totally okay!
2. Age
Please be 18 or older! This is only for maturity's sake.
3. Activity
Please be able to reply at least once a day, as well as be ready for a long-term rp. (If life gets in the way, that's fine too!)
4. Communication
Please tell me if you want to drop the rp or have an idea! Communication is key.
5. Participation
Please participate in the development of the rp as well as the progression of the plot.

What you can expect from me:
- Complex characters, worlds, plots, etc.
- Activity throughout the day.
- Posts that range from 3 - 20 paragraphs.
- Memes.

I am also open to any ideas you can think of, so don't let my few ideas fool you. Feel free to PM me if interested!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back