• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Runaway Slave / Runaway Princess

Lycanthrope

Friendly Newbie
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This is a simple bid to see if anybody’s interested in a small, unpolished idea I have. I’m looking for someone who can help me turn this humble plot bunny into a proper story!

To be perfectly clear, I haven’t hammered out any details yet, but the idea revolves around a runaway princess and a runaway slave. The latter flies the coop for obvious reasons, of course, but I reckon the princess has her own reasons for running away too. Maybe her family bartered her hand in marriage to a very bad man, for example, or maybe they keep her locked up in a tower like Rapunzel or something. At this point I don’t know all the whys and wherefores exactly, but I imagine she’s quite stifled and repressed in her own right.

Both characters will have their ups and downs after the escape, but ultimately, I want this to be a story about two people really getting a taste of pure, uninhibited freedom for the first time in their lives--together. Note that I can play either role here, so feel free to take your pick.

I have a few ideas about how our characters could wind up escaping with one another.

Take Me With You: The princess happens upon the slave in the midst of his escape plan, and she begs him to take her along, too.

Take Me With You (Or Else): The princess is escaping with her loyal guard. A palace slave discovers them in the act and threatens to rat them out if they don't let him come as well. We kill the guard off later somehow. Unless he lives.....and there's a love triangle.....haha just kidding..... unless..? omg Who said that

Not According to Plan: The slave's escape attempt goes horribly awry, and everything devolves into chaos. Thankfully, the princess is in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong time, and he takes the opportunity to take a hostage: her. It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for them. (It will, but only because it's fiction.)

Interested? Then let me know what you think! Even if it's a pass, thanks for checking out my post. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back