• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern River Hill Hospital

Hey people who joined so far! I was just hoping is maybe you guys can try to like recruit people or make another character please? Thank you!

We just need a few more people to join! Then we can begin! And for all who already joined that are females, maybe make a male also please? ^-^

XxKaraxX said:
We just need a few more people to join! Then we can begin! And for all who already joined that are females, maybe make a male also please? ^-^
Hey! Thanks for accepting me, I'm really looking forward to this rp!! I have a couple of friends that might join today. Also, I'm in the middle of making a male character right now. Did you want some people to be doctors in this rp, or everyone just be patients? I was just curious if you wanted some hospital staff. ^.^

Hey there , I'm interested in joining, and I wouldn't mind making a hospital staff character at all, but I just want to ask how informed we should be about the addictions, illnesses ... and for hospital in particular, how well should we in the workings of the hospital scene? I'm totally psyched to try something like this for the first time, but I'm afraid I might offend some people, or do something terribly unrealistic, would a newbie [le me!] be welcome? Last thing, what kind of hospital staff are we looking for? The only things I can think of at the top of my head are like Nurses, Caf Lady, Receptionist Desk ...

Maybe so you can try not to offend people be accident of course because you don't seem like the type of person at all to purposely offend someone, just try and research some of our characters illnesses maybe? Just an idea. Oh and I suggest maybe a nurse would be a good option, because we need people like handing out the medication and giving blood work and blood pressure. @Vlaty

And yea, you can make another guy. @Shadow

XxKaraxX said:
Maybe so you can try not to offend people be accident of course because you don't seem like the type of person at all to purposely offend someone, just try and research some of our characters illnesses maybe? Just an idea. Oh and I suggest maybe a nurse would be a good option, because we need people like handing out the medication and giving blood work and blood pressure. @Vlaty
And yea, you can make another guy. @Shadow
I already assumed that research would have to be done for this, and had [still have] multiple tabs out already while I had been scrolling through the character sign up sheets. I'll try rephrasing the question: Would it be beneficial to the roleplay if I invest some time in watching videos or even some TV shows to truly get an idea of how the roleplay is to resemble, or would just the basic understanding of the illness/addictions/job be enough?

I think you should probably look up the job of a nurse in a mental hospital... But I think knowing the basic understanding of the illnesses, addictions and the job would be enough...

@Vlaty

@Vlaty

Actually, if you have any questions about a nurse in a metal rehabilitation center, just ask! My mom is head director over a non profit organization that houses and cares for the mentally ill. I'm no expert by any means but I can help clear ups one misconceptions and I'm more than willing to provide any help I can for the roleplay.

Which I imagine this leaning much more towards a tharaputic rehab center than a traditional "mental hospital".

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay~

Oh gosh, I feel like I've just violated like 5 different health codes or something.

I assume that the medicine administration was done by patient's bedside ... is that how it goes???

... Do nurses get to interact with the patients whenever? I feel like there's some strict thing where Nurses just chart, medicine, and stuff....[sorry for any misuse of terminology!!!]

Vlaty said:
Yay~
Oh gosh, I feel like I've just violated like 5 different health codes or something.

I assume that the medicine administration was done by patient's bedside ... is that how it goes???

... Do nurses get to interact with the patients whenever? I feel like there's some strict thing where Nurses just chart, medicine, and stuff....[sorry for any misuse of terminology!!!]
Well, I personally don't think you did anything wrong, yet I'm not a complete professional about this kind of stuff, but about the medication, from experience... And not as a nurse, the nurses usually have a medicine room with each of the patients medication and theres like this desk or something like that in between the patient and the medicine. So, the nurses call the patients up when its ready to give medication. Sorry if what I typed didn't help.

XxKaraxX said:
Well, I personally don't think you did anything wrong, yet I'm not a complete professional about this kind of stuff, but about the medication, from experience... And not as a nurse, the nurses usually have a medicine room with each of the patients medication and theres like this desk or something like that in between the patient and the medicine. So, the nurses call the patients up when its ready to give medication. Sorry if what I typed didn't help.
I see. I was reading up on some things, so I guess it's different in different places. Looking back on that stuff, perhaps the bedside administration is for when patients need medicine from IV tube. Thanks for information though, it certainly is helping quite a lot :)

Vlaty said:
I see. I was reading up on some things, so I guess it's different in different places. Looking back on that stuff, perhaps the bedside administration is for when patients need medicine from IV tube. Thanks for information though, it certainly is helping quite a lot :)
Your welcome! I'm glad it helped! ^-^

@Vlaty

Don't you worry a bit! Since this is simply a roleplay I hardly doubt anyone will be too angry at you for a few inaccuracies but to help clear things up. There is typically a designed nurses office where patients receive their daily medication unless they are bed ridden or have special needs. (As Kara said)

As for patient and psychiatrist interaction, they are usually too busy for such a thing but its certainly not unheard of and usually encouraged to be friendly.

hi y'all, I just posted my first post so I'm really looking forward to RPing with you guys! <3

Hey, all. ^.^ Made my first post. I hope you guys enjoy the crank bucket that is Jer. xD I'm excited to RP here. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back