• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Rivalry is the sign of success, right... RIGHT?! (Comedic JRPG-like plot within!)

Tiramisu

I have Gary/Blue's song from the original Pokemon games stuck in my head and this brought forth an admittedly wacky idea:

You are the Chosen One, a young hero-to-be destined to be one of the savior of the world. Problem is, the OTHER Chosen One decided their would cruise alone and take all the glory and credit and, worst of all, THEY BOUGHT THE LAST HEALING POTION IN THE STORE AND RAN AWAY LAUGHING! How rude! You'll show them, right? Right...?

From this simple idea, I have a two options I can see as being entertaining for us both to write:

Rival / Chosen One - One of us take on the role of the Rival, the other the Chosen One. From there, we will write a pretty episodic rp with solo interlude posts portraying the two's increasingly overwhelming rivalry, with or without the steady loss of care for the actual World Saving Quest that they should actually be focusing on instead.

Companion / Chosen One - In this one, a random adventurer takes pity on the poor Chosen One and decide to help them with both their Quest and their Rival problem. Expect either Romance or Bromance in the making, and a lot more adventuring and action focused on, yknow, Questing rather than backstabbing the douche who was supposed to be your brother/sister in arms. In this the Rival will be a sort of shared NPC.

That sums up my craving for now, but I do have a few expectations I want us to maintain during our partnership:

• Each post must be read over and run through a spellchecker if possible.
  • Each post must have a minimum of three normally sized paragraphs (three to five lines)
  • Both participants must handle plot, world-building and background character creating equally.
  • Let's be friends and chat about our ideas and reactions for the rp in a separate OOC thread, shall we?
  • Let's have fun, and post at least once a week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back