• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings {REPOST} 𝑌𝐴𝑅𝐺𝐻 ! gushing about my pirate OC (possible interest checks?)

arsensonfire

𝒀𝑬𝑺, 𝑨𝑹𝑺𝑬𝑵 𝑳𝑰𝑲𝑬 𝑭𝑰𝑹𝑬 . . .
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

🏴‍☠️⚓⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆🧭🗡️

— “ mean, kiniving, and twice as ruthless; your fearless captain ! ”

CAPTAIN GILL

🏴‍☠️⚓⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆🧭🗡️

1000001286.png

⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆

Guilleasbuig Roderick is a pirate captain who's confidence and reputation exceed him. Of Scottish origin, he lives happily leading his merry band of thugs. He is fearsome and cunning, taking no insult lightly and having no qualms with violence. He is tough and not afraid of a challenge, having the scars over scars to prove it.

He can be selfish and greedy, taking his many accomplishments for granted. His hunger for power and material wealth is seemingly insatiable, willing to cut down whoever to get to it. Gill is a charmer and will try to get the upper hand first by smooth- talking. He uses sheer confidence and his conventional good looks to weasel his way in and out of what he wants.

⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆

a/n: just wanted a chance to gush about my crooked pirate captain character bc i cannot stop thinking abt him !! for the sake of writing with him more often, i'll leave a sample and the plots i associate with him.

⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆

SAMPLE 1

The injury the siren inflicted caused nothing to him besides the droplet of crimson itself. Practically immune to it, the pain was replaced with a stranger and different one. The way his eyes narrowed and shot daggers of disapproval at him, his words much sharper, cut gill open in some way. "Don't think yourself so memorable, Captain," In the height of his knowledge, this was true for someone like him and something of the sea entity's experience and grandeur. He was no more special than those weak and wandering men whose bones lied beneath the waves now. The weight of the sea entitys humbled him and brought him to a bleak realization. Thunder rolled suddenly in the background, the flag beginning to flap violently against itself as the wind picked up from its previous serenity.

It then occurred to Gill, this feverish tantalization of the hunt to find the oceanid again was for one reason alone; the human acquisition to witness the impossible. The redeemability of humanity was only visible at a second glance but it was not hard to see why the siren was not interested in most sentimental affairs with them. To him, men were nothing more than a delicacy, sustenance kept at arm's length dealing with their identity. It was with a heavy heart Gill carried this realization. The torment that that Gill fought with was no more human and unexciting to the brunet as his attraction itself. The hunger, the tracking to finally seize him---It was natural for him, as it was natural for Firth to see him the same way he saw most of his food, unimportant.

A shift occurred in the aged man, one brought upon by desperation and limerence alone. In Gill's crusades, while his power and victory were a great thrill to him, it never quite satiated what he was truly after. The dark curiosity of what was out there. If it had not been for the siren, he would never have been inspired to tread the open ocean himself. His better pursuits and his held reputation, he never really found what he was after. It haunted him, and when finally given the chance of being given what he been after, treated it like another gain. He was a greedy bastard, and he knew it.

Much like the feeling from remorse, true selflessness also felt foreign in his body. When succumb with it, he knew he owed it to the siren and to his subordinates to free them from this. Thunder crackled and roared through the sky again, drawn closer with flashes of white light. Shy speckles of rain began dampening his face and pressing his wet shirt to his body. It was masochist what he considered doing to himself, but there was only one way he could ensure he still had everything by the end of this. Still fraught with faith, he was now forced to fold. All cards on the table.

Welling up in his throat, the defeated words were like acid. Gill knew this last attempt could satisfy them with the smaller chance he just decides to kill them all. Regardless, he spoke, "I've been cruel t'ya, these lot work for me." He admitted, voice raising slightly over the howling wind. "If ya' can't forgive me, take me under the waves with you." He spoke solemnly, not a line faltering in sincerity. A small hoping voice inside that ached for it knew that he was one in the same with his love of the waters with the sea creature. It was both their home, an extension of themselves but their livelihood. He trusted his hoard of rovers to take care of themselves, and it was only right to die by what he would have let kill him anyway

SAMPLE 2

WARNING ⚠️
semi-detailed gore

The boat creaked lazily, squeaks wincing from the wooden floorboards of the large ship. The captain stood before the main deck of the boat, watching over his working men with boredom. He stood in full uniform; his garbs of a plain shirt, a long generals coat, loose pants fastened with a gold-buckled belt and black silver-buckled boots. He was adorned in jewelry and expensive metals hanging from his ears, neck and fingers. He looked wealthy but it was a rouse, all items being promptly robbed from their outright owners.

His lapis eyes switched from one side of the boat to the other. The seafarers under him mindlessly carried away with the tasks at their hands. Some were untangling rope, pulling up the fishnet, others were sorting fish out tightening the sails. There was a dimly bright sky that was barely visible through a thick fog that surrounded them. The casted a light blue color and darkened the sun, still leaving it as a piercing white ball, but less intense. Nothing except the deck of the boat could be seen, while bright, the thickness was still eerie.

Soft licks of water against the boat and the sounds of labor and charter left little to no anticipation in what was soon to come. Gill rested his arms in a fold, watching one of his subordinates gather rope in a loop around his arm. He looked as unamused as the commander felt himself, empathising with him for a moment before he noticed something else.

The man gathering rope's face shifted, as if he heard something in the distance. His face contorted to confusion and then longing. Gill might have snapped him back into working but he was much too fascinated with what the man was experiencing rather than redirecting him.

appeared to be entranced, walking towards the lower railing of ship. Gill furrowed his greeting eyebrows in confusion, letting his crossed arms fall as he observed. "Aye," He called, his scottish accent low but commanding. The seamen did not move, however, he only lifted his head higher, searching amongst the fog for whatever he heard.

Perhaps Gill could thank his own age and years of working on boisterous ships way before he was a captain of one, but he still could not find what the pirate heard. "I said 'Aye'," He started to walk towards the enchanted man but before he got much closer, the man stepped up to the railing. "Easy now," Still approaching him, Gill took steadied movements but kept his pace quick enough to be only a few feet away. "What're you doin'? Get the hell down from-" Before Gill could even finish his sentence, the man was split in two by a think spurt of water that slashed onto the deck.

The man still stood in one piece by the backsplash of blood had sprayed the leader across the face. Still petrified in shock, he watched in horror as the two halves fell forward with a splash into the water. "N-" 'No' would have been the rest of that word but he was turned to see if others had bared witness first, shaken from his unamused attitude to mortal fear. He only then realized that many of the men gathering around the edges of the ship were close to meeting the same fate, lined up to meet their death disguised as what they might have been hearing.

As soon as Gill realized this, he ran to the hoard and started to shake him violently, slapping him out of his daze. The man shook his head and looked like he just woke up from a dream, bewildered at how he got where he was. "Yar ears! Cover them! Now!" He instructed, the pirate following his words right away and covering his ears with his hands.

Gill went through the process of doing this for the dazed men for as many he could before another was lost, the awakened brutes seeing first hand what he had. "Under the deck," He guided, them signaling to one another to climb down to the barracks beneath the deck and hide for a moment.

It dawned on the aged pirated that he might have been the only one who was not affected by the sound, so he emerged carefully above the boards and scanned the perimeter briefly before standing on the deck that laid splattered with crimson. He looked out into the distance and waited for whatever was slaughtering them to become curious.

⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆

plots + dynamics

🏴‍☠ siren x pirate

these examples are from those plots i've written with others. there is one with a more forgiving version, less violent. in the first example, in the roleplay the siren character is captured immediately by gill and while they gain the upper hand momentarily against gill, they end up basically staying onboard after he steers the ship to safety.

⚔ the second example is obviously more violent right away and gets the upper hand on the crew first. so this plot is pretty versatile imo

🏴‍☠ pirate x royalty

haven't done this one yet but i think the dynamic would be interesting. gill leading his men into robbing a castle or something? i imagine the royalty muse is kind of willing to go with him (being fed up with royalty) and becomes a pirate.

think the dynamic of transitioning of royal life to brutish escapades would be fun. they start to fall for gill and that could be rlly cute to write

🏴‍☠ pirate x pirate

okay this one is more of a enemies to lovers as i imagine it?? like they're rivals, they might be equally stand-offish and get into competitions. maybe the two are forced to team up? would love some steamy drama with someone equally as arrogant as him lol.

🏴‍☠ captain x crewmate

this could go romantic or platonic. gill has a knack for finding the less fortunate or damned in society and recruiting them to a life of riches and crime. maybe your muse is looking for more out of life, comes across the captain and he teaches them the ropes of being a pirate.

⊹ ࣪ ﹏𓊝﹏𓂁﹏⊹ ࣪ ˖

if you made it to the end of this you are a real one xx. thank y so much for reading and if you love him PLS message me or interact with this and give me an excuse to talk about him 😭

gills sheet

⊹ ࣪ ﹏𓊝﹏𓂁﹏⊹ ࣪ ˖

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back