• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

excalibur

You have just sent a nudge!

icon area
2008 — msn_messenger.exe
window
minimize
close
File
Edit
View
Tools
(C:)\excalibur\2008
(C:)
excalibur
pokémon channel oc
fullmetal alchemist oc
soul eater oc
(2) tokyo mew mew ocs
marvel
the legend of zelda
readme.txt
msn_messenger.exe
  • (C:)
    excalibur
    pokémon channel oc
    fullmetal alchemist oc
    soul eater oc
    (2) tokyo mew mew ocs
    marvel
    the legend of zelda
    readme.txt
    msn_messenger.exe
    bsghkh
    burp
    Welcome to 2008!
    kvxF0Os.png
    ⠀Who am I? Great question! You can call me Cali if you like, or some other permutation of my username. I'm queer, she/her, and have the looming threat of my thirties hovering over me!

I, as is likely evidenced by all the effort I went to, askdjfkg, am old enough that I spent most of my formative years on MSN Messenger and early windows! By the time I was using MSN it was XP, but I spent a good deal of my childhood on 3/95/98. So when I saw this gorgeous code I knew it would help tie in my avatar and header just perfectly :"I

I'm feeling nostalgic lately, so sue me. Summer always does that (especially when I get ✧・゚: *✧ sad ✧*:・゚✧, as I also am riddled with mental illness <3).

So! Today, I'm looking for a handful of older fandoms that I was really into around the 2008 era (I'm stretching the time frame for FMA since Brotherhood came out in 2009, it's more about the vibes than accuracy alksjdfhg). For the big ones I'm looking for, I'm going to also post my character's profile! That's right, right here in this thread! Why? Because I'm old! And I'm tired of getting deep into discussion only for someone to not like my OC. Which is perfectly valid and your prerogative! No one has to like my OCs, I just wanna cut out the middle man.

I will be listing a few other fandoms that I'm not going to post my OC for, mostly because I'm lazy! (And also one of them is a more private OC I'd prefer to deploy once we get to know each other xoxo). For those I'll just shove idk. Plot thoughts?? In the place I would've put an OC profile askjdfhg.

Just as a heads up, I'm going through it as the kids say. Got slam funked into the garbage bin of emotions by life and circumstances! I'm in grief lately, and I live in a turbulent situation. So! I might not always be around. I might bump this thread without responding to you because I'm so critically deficient on spoons I can't talk to people. Who knows! I don't! Whatever happens, it's not personal, I promise. I might just need to get poked or something.

5nGMwy5.png
    ⠀Rules
    1. I, as stated, am queer. So all queer identities and labels are fine by me, both in and out of characters
    2. You should probably be 23+ if not more ~25+
    3. For some fandoms I have no problem aging them up (TMM, FMA) since they are So Supremely Baby. But also! Know that we don't have to if you don't want to. I don't mind taking things slow and writing these characters as they age, especially since it's not like we have any intentions of getting out of hand with the baby teenagers. I'm down for either, and because of that some of my OCs don't list ages because it's totally dependent on if you want to keep them teenagers or drop kick them into college alksjdhfg
    4. I am multipara / novella / lazy literate. I can write anywhere from ~200w to ~4kw, with a comfortable middle ground of like 650w on average (with ~1250w for starters and scene changes). My length fluctuates depending on our needs, and I am comfortable with this. You don't always have to crank out 4k posts, because I won't be, but I am looking for someone who is at least capable of the occasional 1k+.
    5. I don't mirror! You shouldn't either! You can if you want I guess, but I find it just stresses people out. Don't stress yourself out babe, it's a hobby <3
    6. I am looking for canon/oc m/f on my side nine times out of ten (but sometimes f//)
    7. I will however write anything for you, c/c, o/o, c/o, m/f, f/f, m/m, poly, ace, trans, etc
    8. I will also write almost any canon for you! Exceptions will be noted
    9. Doubling is required in this house of vibes. The only exception is if for some inexplicable reason you want to write a canon for my OC without reciprocation, but I don't know why you'd want to do that in the wish fulfillment hobby.
      • If you don't know what doubling is, it's where there's two "sides" to the roleplay. On my side, is the OC I'll be writing and their love interest that you'll be writing, whoever that is for the fandom we're writing in. Your side will be me writing your love interest, be them canon or OC, and whoever your main character is! Are they an OC, a canon? That's up to you! Your side of the RP is whatever you want it to be. If you want it to be canon/canon, oc/oc, canon/oc, that's completely your choice. It's a tit for tat, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours type of deal.

I'm asking for canon/oc, historically considered a very selfish thing to ask for (which I never agreed with and luckily I think is fading as community opinion), and thus I am happy to reciprocate in turn. I will even triple for your side, in that I'm happy to write a love triangle or a poly ship for you! Except for one noted exception, I don't want a love triangle for my side, so you do not need to triple for me. I don't mind it being uneven like that! (Which I guess is hypocritical to my opening statement of why would you wanna solely canon to my OC but hey the 00's rp scene traumtized me alright. Those bitches were mean. LOL)
    10. My mediums are private messages, discord servers, and email
    11. I'll chuck my disco in the readme.txt if you really don't want to PM me, but PMs are always open for OOC! I can give you my email via PMs

duPI7KS.png
    ⠀Limits
    1. Sexual abuse/assault
    2. Self harm
    3. Bog standard stuff for the community (pedo, necro, etc)

z4QBDvt.png
    ⠀Triggers
    1. Are non negotiable, first and foremost. I don't want to talk about them, I don't want to see imagery of them, memes about them, nuttin'. If they feature in a character's backstory, no it doesn't! And if you don't like that, that's fine! I'm not here to judge you. We just won't be compatible as partners, but there are plenty of other fish in the sea I promise you. Good luck searching!
    2. Smoking
    3. Alcohol
    4. Drugs (RX stuff like Insulin for a diabetic character, regulatory rx for ADHD or Depression? Good and fine! Trying to wedge your foot in the door to make 420 / general abuse jokes? Bad! Get out!)
    5. Substance Abuse

And with that out of the way, we can get on to the fun stuff!

lkd4yVp.gif
    ✧・゚: *✧ Fandoms ✧*:・゚✧​

1ZRG2ny.png
    Key:
    [my character] x your character
    ♡ indicates desire level
    also please know i'm completely down with faceclaim requests should you have them (and hope that you are in return)

TGIc3PB.gif
    Pokémon Channel ♡♡♡♡♡
    I will write whatever you want for your side, the entire roleplay doesn't have to take place in Channel! But i'm listing it as that because I want my OC to be the protagonist of Channel, and thus, you need to know the game alskjdhf or at least be vaguely aware of it. For your side you can ask for any game and any region that I'm aware of, which is most of them. You probably won't stump me unless you want like. Conquest. Or one of the later Ranger/Dungeon games (I've only played the first onnneesss I'm sorryyyyy I wanna play more ranger tho)

My Side
    ⠀⠀[Channel OC] x Gary/Green/Blue Oak ♡♡♡♡♡
    ⠀⠀[Channel OC] x Ash Ketchum ♡♡♡
    ⠀⠀[Johto OC] x Ash Ketchum ♡♡
    ⠀⠀[Sumo OC] x Lillie ♡♡♡♡
    Your Side
    ⠀⠀[Arvin] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    ⠀⠀[N Harmonia] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    ⠀⠀[Whoever you'd like] x OC / Canon

HmGPHUi.png
    Fullmetal Alchemist ♡♡♡
    I haven't read shit, I've seen both FMA03 and FMAB. I am happy to write damn near whatever here, honestly. I like to play around with our OCs knowing each other/being narratively involved with each other somehow (not necessary), I like playing against OCs who are dDachman or Xingese (not necessary), I love playing with the town of Wisteria if you know it (not necessary), I even love Conqueror of Shamballa if you wanna play more 03 (or just FMAB and shoehorn Shamballa in there somehow lmfao) (not necessary), I haven't seen Star of Milos but if you wanna do something w Star of Milos I'm more than happy to watch it for you, just ask

My Side
    [OC] x Edward Elric / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [OC] x Alphonse Elric / Canon ♡♡
    Your Side
    [Ling Yao] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [Roy Mustang] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡
    [Riza Hakweye] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡
    [Olivier Armstrong] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [Maes Hughes] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡
    [Maes Hughes] x Roy Mustang (x Gracia Hughes triangle/poly) ♡♡♡
    [Whoever you'd like] x OC / Canon

dhpLLWk.gif
    Soul Eater / Soul Eater NOT! ♡♡♡♡
    To be totally honest, I would much rather play in NOT than the anime proper. I'd love to play into the anime proper from NOT, dgmw! I just. I really love NOT. I love how much more slice of life it is, I love how it shows us more of Shibusen. I know it's a cringe ass ecchi anime but like. I still love it aksjdkfg. I'll write anyone for you here except Stein.

My Side
    [OC] x Soul Evans ♡♡♡♡♡
    Your Side
    [Maka Albarn] x Tsugumi Harudori / Crona / OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [Tsugumi Harudori] x Maka Albarn / OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡
    [Crona] x OC / Maka ♡♡♡♡♡
    [Shinigami-san] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡
    [Tsubaki Nakkatsukasa] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡
    [Death the Kid] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡

ywXaC5V.gif
    Tokyo Mew Mew ♡♡♡♡♡
    I haven't seen TMM New and I haven't seen the OG in like. Ten years. I want to rewatch it! I'm going to rewatch it, but I haven't yet. So my grasp on the facts is going to be. Mmm. Vague. But I loved this anime so much as a teenager, and want to write in it again. I'm one of those TMM fans that was stunned to find out it's not Kisshu, it's Quiche. LOL

My Side
    [OC] x Shirogane Ryou ♡♡♡♡♡
    [OC] x Kisshu ♡♡♡
    Your Side
    [Momomiya Ichigo] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [Kisshu] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡
    [Aoyama Masaya] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡
    [Aizawa Minto] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡
    [Fujiwara Zakuro] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡

40d7QYh.gif
    Iron Man (2008) ♡♡♡♡♡
    Obviously the rest of the MCU is up for grabs for your side, but I'd really like to focus on Iron Man 2008/the Iron Man trilogy for mine. I'm not caught up on the MCU, and unless we pull some AU/Multiverse bullshit I really don't like keeping IWEG the way it is. For obvious reasons but also reasons just outside of my very Iron Man based bias askjdhfg

My Side
    [OC] x Tony Stark ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
    Your Side
    [Steve Rogers] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [Bucky Barnes] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡
    [Loki Laufeyson] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡
    [Thor Odinson] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡
    [Peter Parker] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡
    [Peter Quill] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡
    [Natasha Romanoff] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡
    [Yelena Belova] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡

3FRHtqm.gif
    Ouran High School Host Club ♡♡♡♡
    A classic, can't go wrong with it. What is there to say about Ouran other than we all keep coming back to it for a reason aksjdfhg

My Side
    [OC] x Hitachiin Hikaru ♡♡♡♡♡
    [OC] x Hitachiin Hikaru (+ Kaoru love triangle) ♡♡♡♡♡
    Your Side
    [Suoh Tamaki] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [Ootori Kyoya] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡
    [Hitachiin Kaoru] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡
    [Morinozukka Takashi] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [Haninozuka Mitsukuni] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡
    [Kasanoda Ritsu] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [Houshauji Renge] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [Nekozawa Umehito] x OC / Canon ♡♡

xn8OtxV.gif
    Merlin ♡
    I don't know what it is about this show (but probably how old I was when I saw it, developmental and all that) but I just keep coming back to it. Hysterical for someone who still hasn't finished the damn thing. I know for certain I've gotten to the formation of the knights of the round (end of S3 I think), but I can't with certainty promise I've seen anything past that. I am however more than happy to talk about later seasons or pick the show back up if you have plots in mind for something you want to do that's S4/5

My Side
    [OC] x Arthur Pendragon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [OC] x Merlin ♡♡
    Your Side
    [Merlin] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [Lancelot] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡
    [Morgana] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡

6d6U1Xv.png
    Animal Crossing ♡♡
    Don't even know what I'd do with this <33 All I know is I've been listening to AC music compilations while I write this ad over [checks watch] two weeks I think? Fuck I need to get faster at writing ads alskjkdfhg. But the music has given me brain disease so now I'm like yeah, absolutely, let's do something Animal Crossing. This could be just some OC x OC stuff, I'd be happy to write some villagers for you, or we could even use it as an AU for one of the other fandoms I've listed?

My Side
    [OC] x ??? OC??
    [OC] x I mean... if we're dropping in canons from other media, I wouldn't say no to a Tony
    Your Side
    [Literally whoever you'd like] x OC / Canon

xa0B8jk.png
    The Legend of Zelda ♡♡
    I'm pretty much always down for some Zelda, whether it's o/o or c/o, whatever. My favorites are Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and Wind Waker. But I'm aware of most games (however I haven't finished TOTK, no spoilers!) I haven't read any of the manga but if you have and want me to flip through one of the volumes, just let me know!

My Side
    [OC] x TP Link ♡♡♡♡
    [Picori OC] x TP Link ♡♡♡♡♡
    [OC] x Fi ♡♡♡♡
    ⠀[Minish Cap] ♡♡♡♡♡
    ⠀[Wind Waker] ♡♡♡♡
    ⠀[Pre-Wind Waker?] ♡♡♡♡♡
    ⠀[Twilight Princess] ♡♡♡♡♡
    ⠀[Skyward Sword] ♡♡♡
    Your Side
    [Link] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [Peatrice] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡♡
    [Zelda] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡
    [Midna] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡
    [Ruto] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡
    [Ganondorf] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡
    [Termina AU Ganondorf] x OC / Canon ♡♡♡♡

Last edited:
Well fuck I guess I'm gonna have an update section, because my dumbass completely forgot to add in the rule about doubling alksjdhfg whoopsies! I guess going forward, if I remove a fandom or add a fandom or w/e, I'll slap it here.​

deem this post makes me feel old i remember back in 2006 or 2007 i already got my first personal computer windows xp and then msn started to randomly pop up on my computer and i had to close it

Hello there! My name is Lady, I'm 26 F, going by she/her pronouns and live in PST. I would be interested in writing with you either Pokémon or Marvel/Iron Man! If you're interested feel free to message me

Hey! I've been hoarding (so many) Zelda plots lately and would absolutely love to grab you for something! I'll mention really quickly that I don't really ask for doubling and am perfectly content with writing only canons (whatever that may entail). I'm on my TP bend too, so even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back