• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Quirky Medieval Adventures, about 5 ideas inside!

Which would you join?

• A whole bunch of commoners get to run the country

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VIllains get the crap kicked out of them

• The sky is falling! Or at least it will be soon!

• I'm related to who now?

• Lions didn't eat the Christians so science went boom yay.

• Total voters

Demense

So I have a few ideas and most of them are a little quirky.

1. TL;DR: A whole bunch of commoners get to run the country.

There's this really eccentric king, which is a polite way of saying senile, who was well-loved by his people about forty years ago before he went off the deep end. Now he tries his best but the kingdom is falling apart a bit; the man is nearly a hundred years old after all. His heirs all died before him, and most of their heirs too. Only one grandchild is actually eligible to inherit, however, and he's... well, a bit beyond eccentric. Really, not a good choice. So the king on his deathbed all but demolishes the monarchy and instead summons a panel of "advisers" to the king who will rule. These "advisers" are, well, nontraditional. It calls for a renowned thief, and orphan child, a disgraced noble, a maid, and various other occupations to come and represent the country as a whole. He had this grand speech planned about only people who have been through hardship can know how to protect an entire country from hardship, and it was really lovely too, but he died partway through. Similar to a nation-building RP, but more of a medieval court situation in which they're trying to build a single nation from an oddball group.

2. TL;DR: Villains get the crap kicked out of them.

So there's this pretty little letter that all the villains of the realm get sent saying "hey you baddie, come prove you're the nastiest nasty at this here villain summit!" And naturally all these villains go there, ready to show off their supreme villainy powers of witchcraft and wizardry, and poof, in a mysterious mystery of mysteriousness, all their super magical powers are gone. They are average. Magic is gone. Swordplay suddenly forgotten. No powers left to any of them. They now must face the same world they were trying to destroy as an average denizen. Oh, yes, and they all need to figure out where all that evil went to, yes?

3. TL;DR: The sky is falling! Or at least it will be soon!

So, kinda like the Elder Scrolls, there are these prophecies which just come true. Named very originally The Prophecies. These things are unavoidable and always, always come true. The one that concerns the whole world right about now says that the world will end and everyone will die in a horrible, fiery, painful death unless the golden maiden saves them all by performing some heroic deed that is controversially interpreted as winning a war with the gods. Now these prophecies are written in a different language so they're a little fuzzy on the details but they're pretty certain this golden maiden is the young blonde queen, who was just assassinated and in no shape to win any wars with the gods. Just about the whole world is in doomsday prepper mode, and there are plenty of reactions. Some are creating underground communities, some are trying to resurrect the dead queen through forbidden necromancy, some are determined to find a new golden maiden. This will have a lot of possibilities and will be largely free form without a set plot or resolution, but as GM I will be creating random events that will push the world towards a very real disaster, and if people can't organize for a solution, things will only fall apart more and more.

4. TL;DR: I'm related to who now?

Tis the year 2016 and you are facing the biggest decision of your life. Now, you don't know it, but compared to what your ancestors did, this is small fish. See, you're descended from the actual characters in fairy tales. And not the poofy Disney princess versions, either. The scary Grimm versions that give little children nightmares. And come to save you, or it, it's all kind of a blur, is Merlin, that wizard-y Arthur guy, letting you know that surprise, you're being called away to this alternate realm, you don't really understand, and you're going to save the world again, or something, you don't really understand how you could save it again because to the best of your knowledge you never have in the first place, again this is all very new to you, and next thing you know you're in a big black room where everyone has the same story as you.

5. TL;DR: Lions didn't eat the Christians so science went boom yay.

This is an alternate sort of steampunk-y fantasy timeline in which the Roman Empire never fell and Christianity never took root. The Roman pantheon is still worshiped and science has gone the way of steam technology, and has advanced rapidly. However, a byproduct of steam manufacturing is a toxic goop that nobody really knows what to do with. Officials have been dumping it into rivers secretly, but one spunky journalist has it all figured out and plans to write an expose with the help of her oddball revolutionary friends who intend to expose and bring down the corrupt government, and with the help of a mad scientist bring electricity to Rome. This is not really about nation building, but rather it focuses on the journalist, the mad scientist, and the quirky revolutionaries. It doesn't focus very much on the government officials except as villains.

My goal for all of these is to have fun and hopefully to bring a sense of humor into the RPs. I'm looking for eccentric characters that may not have fit in in another RP because they're just a little... odd. I will set posting rules depending on what everyone is interested in, so if you have ones that you're interested in, please also state your preference, if any. I am looking for a medium sized group before beginning any one RP of about five or six but will continue accepting CSs after we begin. If you are interested, please vote in the poll and let me know below! If anyone has any suggestions or whatnot also feel free to let me know.

-- Dem

I am very new to this, so sometimes my posts can be very short and other times I come up with more to say. Idk if that works for you or not. :)

Cool. I am following this thread, so I will keep my eyes open to see when you get enough of a group to start.

If there aren't any takers, to all the people watching this thread, I'm going to shut it down and focus on some other RPs by Friday. Sorry guys! :( I was really looking forward to some of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back